December 21, 2008
This week… 1540 commits, in 182 projects, by 162 happy hackers (and 229 were translation commits).
- Most important, ORBit2 stopped calling g_thread_init() to accomodate the sensitiveness of Microsoft Windows and will display a warning if it was not previously called, this will need changes in a lot of places . (GNOME bug 547885)
- Jürg Billeter fixed lots of bugs in vala, applied patches, and generally enhanced things (notably the D-Bus server was rewritten to directly use libdbus, without dbus-glib marshalling) and released 0.5.3.
- Vala-related, Stefan Walter removed last vala traces from seahorse.
- The libgnomeui dependency was removed from the brightness and inhibit applets, NetworkManager OpenVPN and PPTP support, and libgnome usage was removed from the dictionary applet.
- Alexander Larsson merged eel into nautilus and eel usage was consequently removed from nautilus-cd-burner and brasero.
- Empathy got autocompletion of contact names in its “new message” dialog box . (GNOME bug 552296)
- Patrick Welche updated Dasher from gnome-vfs to gvfs.
- g_timeout_add_seconds replaced g_timeout_add in several new places: in nautilus-sendto, gnome-power-manager, gedit, gnome-games, seahorse.
- The AAC profile, as defined in gnome-media, and used by applications such as Sound Juicer and gnome-sound-recoreder, switched to LC-AAC profile . (GNOME bug 498617)
December 14, 2008
This week… 1123 commits, in 144 projects, by 154 happy hackers (and 120 were translation commits).
- Ted Gould posted about gtk_timeout_add_seconds and a few modules (anjuta, ekiga, totem, libbonobo, libegg, brasero) already got fixes.
- Niepce Digital got imported in subversion repository.
- Xan Lopez added support for the WebKit web inspector in Epiphany (and Robert Carr did the same thing for seed minibrowser).
- Vincent Untz got back hacking on gnome-panel, removal of libgnomeui and deprecated API usage, single include, bug fixes and stuff.
- vino added correct support for IPv4 mapped IPv6, and added a new feature to able to set the network interface to listen on (GNOME bug 403183).
- gvfs got a new trash backend written by Ryan Lortie.
- Nautilus gained the possibility to call PackageKit to install applications for for unsupported mime types.
- German Poo-Caamano gave some love to gnome-nettool (portability fixes, better accessibility support, and other fixes and enhancements).
- gtkhtml got improved smileys (toolbar to insert them, obedience to the icon naming specification; screenshots are available in GNOME bug 563841.
- Also, Przemysław Grzegorczyk wrote a lot of patches to clean up GLib and GTK+ includes, see GNOME bug 563413. This earned him a Subversion account.
December 7, 2008
This week… 1282 commits, in 164 projects, by 171 happy hackers (and 156 were translation commits).
- Totem got a new Jamendo plugin in totem, a patch from David Jean Louis (GNOME bug 561811) (a screenshot is posted below).
- Empathy lost its libgnomeui dependency and evince dropped its libglade one.
- gtk-doc now highlights deprecation warnings, and they are now also supported in signals and properties (GNOME bug 562655).
- glib added functions for shadowed mounts (a mount is said to be shadowed if there exists one or more user visible objects (currently GMount objects) with a root that is inside the root of mount.) and nautilus started using them.
- Behdad Esfahbod continued his vte cleaning.
- Dan Winship moved Luxembourg (city) out of Belgium (GNOME bug #562772).
- anjuta devhelp plugin got updated to devhelp/webkit (GNOME bug #560311) and got a button to access online API help (library.gnome.org)
- Federico Mena Quintero added support to use libnotify for errors displayed by gnome-settings-daemon xrandr module
- GTK+ (trunk) got a method to draw progress in a GtkEntry (GNOME bug 546285), this was prompted by Epiphany developers wondering about a progress-in-location-bar idea.