January 25, 2009
This week… 1650 commits, in 173 projects, by 193 happy hackers (and 306 were translation commits).
- The panel got lockdown support to prevent it being dragged to a different screen edge . (GNOME bug 309721).
- Alacarte was ported to gio . (GNOME bug 514574)
- Jonh Wendell rewrote the vinagre applet, to use GObject, fixing the way it works on transparent panels in the process (GNOME bug 568674); he also commited a rewritten Vino Preferences dialog, with the ability to check if the machine can be accessed though the Internet.
- Seed got opengl-glib girs and a glxgears port.
- In Nautilus, gnome-desktop and gnome-settings-daemon, patches from Ray Strode landed, adding support for fading between backgrounds.
- Anjuta got upgraded to use GtkPrint, removing its dependency on libgnomeprint/ui . (GNOME bug 564659)
- Patches by Tomeu Vizoso were commited to evince to move code to a libeviview library, so it can be embedded in other applications, Tomeu blogged about it . (GNOME bug 567751)
- John Stowers came back on conduit, applying patches and fixing many bugs.
- In Epiphany Gustavo Noronha added multiple keyword-based AND-search for the location bar.
- GTK+ got support for select-by-word in selectable labels, marks on GtkScale, and improved autocompletion in the file chooser entry.
January 18, 2009
This week… 1452 commits, in 161 projects, by 186 happy hackers (and 261 were translation commits).
- A Brasero plugin has been added to Totem, to allow creating VCDs from playing video files, and duplicate VCDs and DVDs (GNOME bug 565383).
- Hand-written gir files (GL, cairo, fontconfig, freetype, libxml2, xfixes, xft and xlib) were moved from gir-repository into gobject-introspection; so upstream libraries depending on these can avoid a gir-repository dependency.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo turned the already awesome epiphany location bar into the woohoo bar (enhancing the completion popup by showing a two line cell containing the favicon, the title of the page and the URL ). (GNOME bug 541782)
- gnome-session got a D-Bus Presence API, and the user switch applet got updated to use it.
- There were lots of updates to brasero to address issues raised during discussion on desktop-devel-list.
- gnome-network-preferences has been renamed to gnome-network-properties
- Evolution added the possibility to import PST files (Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders ). (GNOME bug 208426)
- GTK+ got a new API to change global input method . (GNOME bug 450716)
- Bastien Nocera replaced some custom code in gnome-user-share, and a direct Avahi dependency, by using the mod_dnssd Apache module . (GNOME bug 567442).
- Finally, Meld and the trash applet both removed their libgnome dependency.
January 11, 2009
This week… 1992 commits, in 182 projects, by 186 happy hackers (and 349 were translation commits).
- Lucas Rocha set his eyes on gnome-session, and started fixing bugs introduced in the 2.24 rewrite.
- A library, libbrasero-media, got extracted out of brasero, Philippe Rouquier tells more about it on desktop-devel-list.
- Lightsoff, which was started as an example shipped in the Seed module, has been imported in gnome-games.
- File Roller and Eye of GNOME removed their dependencies and libgnome and libgnomeui; and Anjuta removed its dependency on gnomevfs.
- GVFS got its SMB browsing authentication support much improved (GNOME bug 524485).
- Cosimo Cecchi added sound events support in Empathy (via libcanberra).
- In gnome-keyring-daemon, the new modular SSH agent has been integrated as the main SSH agent.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added a new fullscreen mode to gedit, with a sliding toolbar . (GNOME bug 520749)
- A new plugin was added to nautilus-sendto, to send files over IM via Empathy.
January 4, 2009
This week… 1171 commits, in 146 projects, by 141 happy hackers (and 236 were translation commits).
- gedit got an internal message bus to let its plugins communicate.
- Epiphany updated from its own EphySearchEntry and EphyIconEntry to GtkEntry, it also uses the new “progress in entry” support to draw progress in the location bar.
- gconftool got a new –toggle option, to toggle a boolean key.
- gossip removed libgnomeui and libgnomevfs, and started to use libcanberra-gtk for sound support.
- Jonathan Matthew added some basic window management effects to gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 563844)
- A new version of l10n.gnome.org (damned-lies) went live, merging in the Vertimus translation tool that was already used by some teams. (announce).
- A low diskspace checker has been added to the housekeeping plugin of gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 557647)
- gnome-build that was a standalone module but only used by anjuta has been merged in anjuta.
- GtkEntry Caps Lock warning mode switched to using an icon.
- seed got a 0.3 (and 0.3.1) release and Robert Carr sent a summary of what happened since 0.1.