March 15, 2009
This week… 2312 commits, in 240 projects, by 194 happy hackers (and 1253 were translation commits).
- Hard code freeze started this week, things settle down and translators are hard at task, there is now 8 languages at 100% and 44 languages over the 80% mark. The Oriya team is again leading the progress show with a mind-boggling increase of 17 points (that is almost 7500 strings!), it is now at 77%; other particulary noteworthy teams are Malayalam (+11 points), Hindi (+10), Telugu and Tamil (+8), Greek and Assamese (+7).
- A major discussion happened in gtk-devel-list over fsync in glib/gio, led by Alexander Larsson with a patch to gio making sure fsync() is called and adding a new G_FILE_CREATE_ASYNC_WRITE flag. A patch to call fsync() was also applied to gedit.
- Epiphany trunk is again preparing a WebKit future with profile migration from the old Mozilla backends (both SQLite and txt formats).
- To perfectly match nautilus-cd-burner, Brasero added a CD/DVD Creator entry to the System Tools menu, to start up a Nautilus window in burn :// (GNOME bug 573790)
- Dan Winship seriously improved libsoup documentation.
- Rhythmbox got a new CD burning plugin, using brasero, that is now built in preference to the nautilus-cd-burner plugin . (GNOME bug 536732)
- Andrea Cimitan updated his Murrine theme to support the “progress bar in entry” that is new in GTK+ 2.16.
- Ray Strode disabled the user presence stuff from gdm for now until some of the pieces that make it useful get fleshed out.
- Finally Vincent Untz spent much time to fix session saving for 2.26, be sure to test the patch now attached to GNOME bug 552387.
|Krishnababu Krothapalli||110||empathy, ekiga, seahorse and others|
|Manoj Kumar Giri||84||evolution, gtk+, ekiga and others|
|Milo Casagrande||68||empathy, gnome-games, release-notes and others|
|Philip Withnall||64||totem, gnome-games, hitori and others|
|Runa Bhattacharjee||63||epiphany, evolution-mapi, deskbar-applet and others|
|Kostas Papadimas||61||ekiga, libgweather, hamster-applet and others|
|Sandeep Shedmake||61||brasero, libgweather, evolution-mapi and others|
|Ani Peter||57||seahorse, gtk+, gtksourceview and others|
|Jorge Gonzalez Gonzalez||56||totem, release-notes, empathy and others|
|Rajesh Ranjan||54||seahorse, evolution, nautilus and others|