May 17, 2009
This week… 1925 commits, in 174 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 183 were translation commits).
- libgnomekbd and gnome-power-manager have been converted from libglade to GTKBuilder.
- Vino got ported from libdbus to dbus-glib, as a first step towards integration with the Telepathy framework . (GNOME bug 580464)
- In GTK+ the GtkLabel gained the possibility to show hyperlinks, that feature was previously provided SexyUrlLabel . (GNOME bug 508810)
- Also in GTK+ a printing backend using PAPI, as found on OpenSolaris, has been added (to both master and 2.16 ) (GNOME bug 382676)
- Support for annotations landed in Evince, it requires libpoppler 0.11 (GNOME bug 315002)
- Empathy added a fullscreen mode for video playback . (GNOME bug 580771)
- Behdad Esfahbod merged his harfbuzz-ng branch into Pango.
- The Volume Control has been updated to show high-level channel mapping string for each devices, this gives pretty names such as “Surround 7.1″ or “Stereo” ; (GNOME bug 581921).
- After a discussion on desktop-devel-list Robert Carr created a new gnome-js-common module, to share code and tests between Seed and GJS.
- In Seed a new module to bind Cairo has been developed.
- Alexander Larsson imported gnio (socket and networking support) into glib.
- Much work happened (and is still ongoing) in Orca to refactor the speech and braille generators . (GNOME bug 570658)
|Robert Carr||123||seed, gnome-js-common, planet-web|
|Tim Horton||85||seed, epiphany|
|Frederic Peters||71||jhbuild, pygtk, empathy and others|
|Alexander Larsson||69||gnio, glib, gvfs and others|
|Andreas J. Guelzow||46||gnumeric, libgsf|
|Matthew Barnes||42||evolution, gtkhtml, evolution-data-server and others|
|Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)||34||rygel|
|Martin Nordholts||34||gimp, gtk+|
|Morten Welinder||32||gnumeric, goffice, gnomeweb-wml and others|
|Sandy Armstrong||32||tomboy, snowy, gnomeweb-wml|