June 28, 2009
This week… 1811 commits, in 183 projects, by 217 happy hackers (and 226 were translation commits).
- Evince was changed to output straight PDF for printers supporting PDF natively . (GNOME bug 585442)
- Evolution gained an inline view of application/mbox attachments . (GNOME bug 464131)
- A problem with RSA key size that were not a multiple of 8 has been fixed in gnome-keyring . (GNOME bug 576700)
- A new theme, Moblesse, has been added to the experimental GTK+ CSS theme engine.
- Milan Crha fixed several issues and improved the performance of the evolution-data-server CalDAV backend.
- Philippe Rouquier commited a new layout for the Brasero user interface: the medium selector is still inside the main window and on clicking burn a dialog appears to set the session burning options
- In both libgoffice and gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved Open Document Format support (number style output, scientific number output, time and date styles, import of currency symbols, and much more).
- F-Spot Adjust Time dialog, and gnome-session windows, have been ported from libglade to GtkBuilder.
- A Python binding for libbrasero-burn has been added to gnome-python-desktop.
- As explained in his Data about Data weblog post, Alexander Larsson added metadata support in gvfs, and already made Nautilus use it.
- Empathy has been updated to use gnome-session instead of gnome-screensaver to know when the session is idle.
- Benjamin Otte did some research on the GTK+ file chooser performance
(explained in a tale of waiting message in the
gtk-devel-list, be sure to also read the followup messages), and pushed a new “filesystemmodel” branch to publicize his work.
June 21, 2009
This week… 2062 commits, in 182 projects, by 247 happy hackers (and 281 were translation commits).
- In the “content-sniffing” branch, Gustavo Noronha Silva started to implement content sniffing in libsoup, including the HTML5 algorithm that sniffs content served as “text/plain” by web servers.
- Hubert Figuiere fixed a bug when printing date/tome values with 0 micro-second, making gnote timestamps compatible with tomboy . (GNOME bug 581844)
- File Roller gained support for lzip and xz compression formats (GNOME bug 579467, GNOME bug 582237).
- The “Palimpset” Disk Utility now uses the new GtkInfoBar to show job progress, there are two screenshots available ((1) and (2)).
- Stefan Walter started working on a DBus API to gnome-keyring secrets, it is currently developed in the “dbus-api” branch.
- Shaun McCance merged Mallard support into both Yelp and gnome-doc-utils.
- GTK+ gained support for special icons for XDG user dirs, this will allow themes to provide different icons for the Documents, Downloads, Music… folders . (GNOME bug 541276)
- Paul Cutler applied a serie of patches to GNOME User Docs (both User Guide and Accessibility Guide), fixing typos and updating them to match the current desktop reality.
- Rhythmbox command line control program (rhythmbox-client) got support for song rating . (GNOME bug 583108)
- Support for touchpad parameters has been added to gnome-settings-daemon (GNOME bug 578444), it still needs a matching patch to be applied in the control center to have a new Touchpad tab in the Mouse Preferences (GNOME bug 154029)
June 14, 2009
This week… 1743 commits, in 187 projects, by 195 happy hackers (and 381 were translation commits).
- Alexander Larsson is still working on client side windows in GTK+ and posted a status update.
- A new API to draw routes and lines has been commited to libchamplain . (GNOME bug 572377) (example)
- file-roller has been updated to use new GtkEntry icon support, instead of SexyIconEntry . (GNOME bug 584810)
- gthumb changed from libgphoto to the gphoto gvfs backend . (GNOME bug 583796)
- The gnio rewrite of gvfs FTP support made it so idn/punycode is now supported . (GNOME bug 567871)
- libgnomekbd switched to use single GTK+ includes . (GNOME bug 563629)
- The Hamster applet got the possibility to export reports to CSV . (GNOME bug 549604)
- Support for Adium themes (using WebKit) has been merged in Empathy. Various themes were already tested, and they are listed, with known issues on awiki page (GNOME bug 522069)
- Banshee gained a weighted random mode, to play highest rated songs more often . (GNOME bug 544680)
- Telepathy “tubes” support landed in vino, allowing to share the desktop with Empathy contacts . (GNOME bug 584840)
- Many of the patches Milan Bouchet-Valat created with regards to GTK+ file chooser issues were finally applied.
June 7, 2009
This week… 1950 commits, in 167 projects, by 242 happy hackers (and 218 were translation commits).
- Banshee gained a “shuffle by album” option (GNOME bug 348582)
- Support for publishing geolocation information has been merged into Empathy (GNOME bug 571666)
- Milan Crha added a folder emblem to show new mail arrivals to Evolution (GNOME bug 323037); also Evolution dropped support for CDE (GNOME bug 582939).
- Support for the JPEG 2000 image format has been added to Gimp (GNOME bug 111409)
- GTK+ gained a new GtkInfoBar widget, similar to GeditMessageArea and similar widgets in Firefox. Its API is inspired by GtkDialog, with a content area and an action area. The message area uses symbolic colors for different background colors for warnings, errors, informational messages, etc . (GNOME bug 555344)
- Rhythmbox track change notification bubbles gained a “Skip” button (GNOME bug 331272)
- Shaun McCance created a new “mallard” branch for Yelp, to add support for the new Mallard document format.
- Christian Persch made a few HIG improvements to the NetworkManager connection editor (GNOME bug 584223)
- JHBuild GUI was rewritten to be totally awesome (and to not require libglade).
- PyBank, the bindings for GIRepository, got handling of structs as return values.
- Most importantly, Anjuta splash screen got rewritten from the obsolete libgnomecanvas to straight cairo (GNOME bug 571740).