July 5, 2009
This week… 1811 commits, in 184 projects, by 224 happy hackers (and 268 were translation commits).
- The Client Side Windows branch has been merged into GTK+, Alexander Larsson posted a status update on gtk-devel-list . (GNOME bug 318807)
- Cheese dropped its copy of GEditMessageArea in favour of the new GtkInfoBar that was introduced in 2.17.2 . (GNOME bug 586545)
- When there’s a DVD menu showing in Totem, it’s now possible to use the arrow keys to navigate around, and the Enter key to select (GNOME bug 580351).
- Snowy (the Tomboy companion web service) added OAuth endpoints, and the requirement for OAuth for accessing api/* URLs.
- Richard Hughes removed the HAL dependency of gnome-power-manager, making everything going through DeviceKit; he blogged it as HALectomy of gnome-power-manager complete.
- Gustavo Noronha Silva merged his content sniffing work in libsoup, the implementation is based on the draft spec on Content-Type Processing Model. Soup now provides a SoupContentSniffer session feature, which hooks into the message I/O, and delays emissions of the got-chunk signal to be able to figure out the Content-Type of messages from the actual content received, in some cases. GIO is also used to sniff content, whenever the spec allows further sniffing .(GNOME bug 572589)
|Tim Horton||58||seed, gnome-games|
|Vincent Untz||47||gnome-session, libgweather, libwnck and others|
|Jorge Gonzalez||41||krb5-auth-dialog, mistelix, gtk-doc and others|
|Richard Hughes||39||gnome-power-manager, gnome-packagekit|
|Willie Walker||39||orca, gnome-mag|
|Morten Welinder||36||gnumeric, gnomeweb-wml, goffice and others|
|Matthew Barnes||35||evolution, gtkhtml, evolution-data-server and others|
|Benjamin Otte||33||gtk+, glib|
|Martin Nordholts||33||gegl, gimp|