August 17, 2009
This week… 2799 commits, in 207 projects, by 314 happy hackers (and 707 were translation commits).
- Nautilus has been changed to inhibit gnome-power-manager when copying files (GNOME bug 334806).
- Simon van der Linden landed much of his summer of code work on pybank (using gobject-introspection to create dynamic Python bindings to gobject libraries) in the gsco2009 branch.
- GConf has removed its libgnome dependency (which was casued by a test client ) (GNOME bug 586435), and was ported to the PolicyKit 1.0 API (GNOME bug 585303).
- Benjamin Otte ported byzanz (screencast tool) from gnome-vfs to gio, and from gdk to cairo.
- Thanks to a change in libgweather it is now possible to add an UTC time entry to the clock applet . (GNOME bug 541145)
- Jean Bréfort added a new cairo-based canvas to goffice, to be used in Gnumeric, to replace foocanvas.
- Every little part of gnome-panel has been ported to GtkBuilder.
- The gvfs gphoto2 backend and monitor were ported to gudev.
- Most of the C++ bindings were transitioned to a new build infrastructure, using the new mm-common module.
- In Yelp Shaun McCance added the possibility for ghelp: URIs to reference Mallard documents.
- And an all-new Mallard documentation, mostly written by Milo Casagrande and Phil Bull, has been merged into Empathy.
- Dan Winship ported SoupAddress to use GResolver, new in the latest GLib.
- Finally Matthew Barnes added support for “Fifth Sunday *of the month*” to Evolution (in his kill-bonobo branch) (and it also works for other weekdays !) (GNOME bug 328361).
|Simon van der Linden||168||pygobject, gobject-introspection|
|Jorge González||90||empathy, evolution, gnome-disk-utility and others|
|Daniel Elstner||89||glibmm, mm-common, pangomm and others|
|Jürg Billeter||84||tracker, vala|
|Behdad Esfahbod||68||pango, gnome-panel, vte|
|Antón Méixome||68||vinagre, glib, orca and others|
|Frederic Peters||48||empathy, jhbuild, library-web and others|
|Seán de Búrca||47||evolution, evolution-data-server, ekiga and others|
|Vincent Untz||42||gnome-panel, libgweather, pessulus and others|
|Filippo Argiolas||42||cheese, gnomeweb-wml|