September 27, 2009
This week… 2610 commits, in 209 projects, by 286 happy hackers (and 539 were translation commits).
- The Perl bindings written by Emmanuel Rodriguez have been merged into libchamplain.
- A branch by Alexander Sack reworking NetworkManager menu has been uploaded (it is named “menu-rework”).
- Mark Kasik added support for the ‘auth-info’ attribute to the CUPS print backend of GTK + (GNOME bug 566522).
- Deprecated GTK+ symbols have been removed from gok (GNOME bug 572686).
- Ryan Lortie published a gsettings branch of Devhelp, demonstrating the conversion from GConf to GSettings.
- GNOME Shell has been updated to not treat 1024×600 as widescreen (GNOME bug 596375).
- The GNOME Volume Control has been changed to allow going up to 150% for output volume (GNOME bug 591285).
- Brasero has been fixed to not leak the CD drive device file descriptor, that kept the drive locked . (GNOME bug 596241)
- Evolution has been changed to use Message-ID instead of Message-Id, for increased compatibility with other applications (GNOME bug 596157).
- Ross Burton switched evolution-data-server calendar to D-Bus instead of Bonobo, in the “dbus-calendar” branch.
September 20, 2009
This week… 2699 commits, in 227 projects, by 271 happy hackers (and 1213 were translation commits).
- This is the week before the 2.28.0 and translators are working like crazy, Maithili support literally jumped from 43% to 55%, Asturian also jumped, progressing of 8 points; Galician, German and Hungarian all reached 100% of UI strings translated.
- Brasero got event sound support, sounds will be played when a CD finished burning . (GNOME bug 594954)
- A new WebSharing extension has been added to F-Spot.
- Ryan Lortie added a D-Bus service for dconf (GNOME bug 595479).
- Epiphany gained back its context menu, thanks to the new WebKitHitTestResult support in WebKit.
- Nemiver gained support for editing breakpoint condition.
- Evolution got rid of its dependency on libgnome and libgnomeui, Matthew Barnes blogged on how Evolution is now 100% Bonobo free . (GNOME bug 567283)
- Screen locking on suspend or hibernate has been fixed in gnome-session (GNOME bug 595154)
- XChat-GNOME got an option to hide its statusbar (GNOME bug 524030).
- GNOME Shell has been updated to make the run dialog and “looking glass” debug console work in the overview . (GNOME bug 595116)
- David Zeuthen added GObject introspection support to PolkitGtk.
September 6, 2009
This week… 2207 commits, in 200 projects, by 262 happy hackers (and 654 were translation commits).
- Michael Natterer added support for layer trees in Gimp, the UI still needs to be improved but there is now a Folder button in the layers dialog . (GNOME bug 86337)
- Totem browser plugin now overrides the HTTP user-agents for Quicktime and Windows Media Player, this fixes playback of the Apple trailers . (GNOME bug 375867)
- David Zeuthen started a “new-ui” branch to rework the UI of libgdu-gtk and palimpset.
- Brasero has been fixed to not use readcd (-clone) to copy audio CD, as it doesn’t keep CD-TEXT . (GNOME bug 580813)
- Epiphany gained back its “view source” command . (GNOME bug 503968)
- A new g_mkstemp_full() function has been added to glib, to expose more parameters than g_mkstemp(), allowing more flexibility when creating temporary files . (GNOME bug 594034)
- In Gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow added handling of ODF import/export of surface plots originally created in Excel . (GNOME bug 594041)
- Matthew Barnes updated the “mailing-list-actions”, “save-calendar” and “publish-calendar” evolution plugins to the bonobo-liberated Evolution.
- On the same topic Lucian Langa started porting evolution-rss for the new Evolution.