November 8, 2009
This week… 2027 commits, in 180 projects, by 252 happy hackers (and 403 were translation commits).
- Totem got (on-disk) buffering support for downloads, Bastien Nocera blogged about it: No more stuttering.
- The gvfs webdav backend has been changed to remember cookies while it’s running.
- Carlos Garnocho made the SPARQL API of Tracker fully asynchronous.
- Postr (the GNOME Flickr Uploader) has been improved to allow direct editing of title and description, when double clicking (or pressing the Return key) on the photo . (GNOME bug 562162)
- Xavier Claessens added support for some IRC slash commands to Empathy, the currently supported commands are /clear, /topic, /join, /query and /msg . (GNOME bug 573407)
- Also in Empathy Guillaume Desmottes added the display of an error message when codec negotation fails . (GNOME bug 581789)
- The GNOME screensaver got a D-Bus method to show a message on the locked screen, to be used for notification of auto logout.
- In GNOME Shell Dan Winship started a message-tray branch, with some minimal Telepathy support, it has a notification popup for messages and avatar icons.
- Brasero got gobject introspection support for its libraries . (GNOME bug 589073)
- libsoup has been fixed to not change HEAD to GET on 303 redirect.
- A new Google Translate plugin has been added to Kupfer (the command tool inspired by Quicksilver).
|Steve Frécinaux||95 ¹||gedit, gnome-shell|
|Richard Hughes||92||gnome-color-manager, gnomeweb-wml, gnome-packagekit|
|Jorge González||88||evolution, brasero, epiphany and others|
|Adrien Bustany||70 ¹||tracker|
|Guillaume Desmottes||52||empathy, jhbuild|
|Paolo Bacchilega||47||gthumb, file-roller, goobox|
¹: actually this commit count is wrong as the same branch is created and deleted several times, to get rebased, changing the commit identifiers along the way.