March 28, 2010
This week… 3046 commits, in 229 projects, by 308 happy hackers (and 1235 were translation commits).
- Another big week for translators, German, Bulgarian, Portuguese and Solvenian are now totally translated, 33 teams are over the 90% bar, and 55 over the 70% bar. This week award goes to the Asturian, progressing by over 4 points.
- XChat-GNOME got a fullscreen mode . (GNOME bug 445638)
- Glade has been switched to use the new GtkToolPalette widget, instead of a custom widget (GNOME bug 613956); Tristan Van Berkom wrote about it in The Glade palette goes full circle.
- Ryan Lortie merged the GVariant parser into glib . (GNOME bug 600271)
- The font plugin of gnome-settings-daemon has been disabled . (GNOME bug 613604)
- GNOME Shell has been updated so that ejecting drives will run the same action as in Nautilus . (GNOME bug 613405)
- Jiří Techet changed libchamplain so it cancels the download of tiles that get out of the viewport.
- Vivien Malerba added support for variables in GdaBrowser data manager.
March 21, 2010
This week… 2398 commits, in 234 projects, by 289 happy hackers (and 834 were translation commits).
- The 2.30 release is approaching fast and translators are hard at work, French and Russian are already totally translated, and 30 teams are over the 90% bar. The most impressive progress this week has been the Lithuanian team, coordinated by Gintautas Miliauskas, that improved from 84 to 89%.
- Banshee lyrics plugin got support for the lyricsplugin.com database . (GNOME bug 612958)
- The GNOME Keyring has been fixed not to store session keyring on disk . (GNOME bug 612977)
- Daniel P. Berrange worked hard on gtk-vnc, substanctally improving and modernising the code.
- GNOME Volume Control got a speaker testing UI, Bastien Nocera blogged about it in Speaker testing . (GNOME bug 519438)
- Yelp 3.0 branch got support for a basic “back” button.
- Thanks to a patch by Marc Deslauriers GNOME Power Manager got support to communicate with GNOME Screensaver running as a D-Bus service . (GNOME bug 609031)
- Andrea Cimitan added a new option to the Murrine theme engine to draw smooth separators.
- The GNOME Shell has been changed to use a single button to toggle between linear and grid view . (GNOME bug 610801)
- The VTE library got introspection support . (GNOME bug 604837)
March 7, 2010
This week… 2390 commits, in 220 projects, by 281 happy hackers (and 708 were translation commits).
- Empathy made URL some people put in their contact status clickable right from the contact list (GNOME bug 525576)
- Hiroyuki Ikezoe updated gpointing-device-settings to support a speed property.
- The cairo branch has been merged into gjs.
- Snowy (the webservice companion of Tomboy) has been updated to use UTC as internal time representation, to avoid dealing with different timezones.
- Jean Bréfort implemented round rectangles, arrow heads for arcs and spline support for polyline and polygons in goffice canvas.
- Jürg Billeter updated tracker to refuse updates when low on disk scape.
- The libgnomekbd layout indicator has been changed to use the default font family and size, instead of hardcoding Helvetica . (GNOME bug 610544)
- Richard Hugues pushed a color-management branch to GTK+, implemening an optional LCMS GIO module, and GtkColorEngine, GtkColorTransform and GtkColorProfile.
- gcalctool has been changed to show bit editor for numbers not in base 10.
- Jesse van den Kieboom implemented a new words completion word finder method in gtksourceview, as the previous version was buggy and a lot of bookkeeping.
- GNOME Power Manager has been changed to play a sound loop if the charge of a laptop battery or UPS reaches a critical level.