April 25, 2010
This week… 1978 commits, in 233 projects, by 242 happy hackers (and 492 were translation commits).
- Support for animated images (GNOME bug 335093) and scaling of SVG images (GNOME bug 108435) have been added to eog.
- Many patches from Quentin Sculo have been applied to perl-Gtk2, bringing support for new widgets and methods the GTK+ Perl binding.
- Much work continued to happen with regards to gsettings, Matthias Clasen for example added gsettings-tools, a command line tool equivalent to gconftool . (GNOME bug 616313)
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro created a gsettings branch to hold the port of gedit to GSettings.
- In the same vein, Bastien Nocera ported gnome-bluetooth, and Milan Bouchet-Valat ported gnome-system-tools, and Shaun McCance ported yelp.
- Ray Strode added a smartcard plugin to gnome-settings-daemon, it listens for smartcard insertion and removal events and then locks the screen or forces a log out (depending on gconf) when the card used for login is removed.
- Lucien Langa added correct handling of the RSS media extension to evolution-rss, making it possible to download enclosures.
- Łukasz Jernaś started writing the Giggle documentation using Mallard.
- Jean Brefort implemented graph only sheets into Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 158170)
April 18, 2010
This week… 2112 commits, in 216 projects, by 243 happy hackers (and 431 were translation commits).
- The Hamster project got separated in client and d-bus service, and got a command line client (GNOME bug 602642).
- Behdad Esfahbod pushed a gnome-terminal branch with a find dialog to highlight search terms . (GNOME bug 78963).
- Much work happened in the asm-support branch of nemiver.
- This was the week of the gsettings hackfest, many changes landed in both glib and gconf modules, you should read the day 1 summary by Vincent Untz and overall summary by Matthias Clasen.
- During that hackfest baobab (in gnome-utils) has also been ported to gsettings, with explanative commit messages, and the devhelp branch has been updated for the API changes.
- There was also a GNOME Python hackfest and much work happened in pygobject and pygi, go read posts written by John Palmieri: day 0, day 1, day 2, and wrapup.
- Tadej Borovšak ported sound juicer to GtkBuilder, this was the last module using libglade, yeah.
- Torsten Schönfeld started adding GIO support to the Perl binding, via gobject-introspection.
- Support for application-indicators/StatusNotifierIcon has been added to the typing break applet in gnome-control-center (GNOME bug 606671)
- Evolution got a new foocanvas branch, getting rid of libgnomecanvas.
- A new SSH Hosts plugin written by Fabian Carlström has been added to kupfer.
- Joanmarie Diggs added improved support for Empathy in orca . (GNOME bug 589925)
April 11, 2010
This week… 2112 commits, in 176 projects, by 296 happy hackers (and 263 were translation commits).
- Martin Szulecki added detection of the ipad to gvfs AFC backend (GNOME bug 615039).
- Rhythmbox has been updated to use webkit to display HTML episode descriptions of podcasts . (GNOME bug 320507)
- Flickr authentication code has been unified in gthumb, removing duplicated code.
- In Rygel Andreas Henriksson added basic support for serving subtitles in Samsung custom DIDL-Lite and HTTP extensions . (GNOME bug 606305)
- The Totem Youtube plugin has been fixed to work again with latest youtube.com pages changes . (GNOME bug 614679)
- Tomas Bzatek changed the GTK+ file chooser so that it initializes search engines on demand . (GNOME bug 614971)
- Banshee for Meego saw another major panel UI overhaul, to reflect the latest Meego look and feel, and better organize some of the features.
- Ray Strode added support for relocatable .gnome2 directory to both gnome-games (GNOME bug 613634) and yelp (GNOME bug 614029), this is done via the GNOME22_USER_DIR environment variable.
- Joanmarie Diggs added to Orca support for the detection of mispelled words in OpenOffice.org . (GNOME bug 364772)
- libsoup has been updated with a fix for proxies that close the connection after returning a 407 error code (Proxy Authentication Required) on a CONNECT request.
- Florian Müllner added introspection support to gconf (GNOME bug 613247)
- Philip Withnall improved cancellation support in libgdata, it is now using libsoup message cancellation functionality, rather than checking for cancellation ourselves at arbitrary points during operations.
- GNOME Shell support for IM notifications has been moved to use Telepathy . (GNOME bug 608999)
April 4, 2010
This week… 2655 commits, in 255 projects, by 325 happy hackers (and 661 were translation commits).
- Empathy gained the possibility to undo the closing of a chat window or tab (GNOME bug 609832)
- Robert Ancell added colours to gcalctool buttons (GNOME bug 157962).
- Sergey V. Udaltsov added a gconf key to disable the display of the keyboard indicator status icon . (GNOME bug 612240)
- Evince removed its internal copy of the infobar widget to use GtkInfoBar directly; also Carlos Garcia Campos fixed Evince so that compressed password-protected documents could be opened . (GNOME bug 613959)
- Michael C. Urbanski created a new “podcast-ng” branch in Banshee, to hold much work being done on podcast support.
- Matthew Barnes got rid of the ancient code (almost 6000 lines) in Evolution to support migrating from pre-2.0 versions.
- GNOME Power Manager has been ported from DeviceKit-power to UPower.
- Caribou has been changed to warn the user when accessibility is not enabled . (GNOME bug 608727)
- Paolo Bacchilega added a flickr photoset imported to gthumb.
- A “gnome3″ branch has been created in gtk-engines, to hold the GNOME 3 theme work.