January 30, 2011
This week… 2386 commits, in 214 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 474 were translation commits).
- The translation support for the future gnome.org, by Lincoln de Sousa and Vinicius Depizzol, have been merged.
- Chris Kühl started working on a GTK+ 3 port for gnome-system-monitor.
- Guido Günther added a control center panel into krb5-auth-dialog.
- Support for temperature conversion has been added to gcalctool by Robert Ancell.
- Jonny Lamb started backporting fixes and features of Empathy in a new 2.34 branch.
- Peter Bloomfield worked on migrating Balsa from GConf to GSettings.
- Detection of a stalemate position has been added to glchess.
- Bastien Nocera added handling of new multimedia keys (FastForward, Rewind, Repeat, and Shuffle) to Totem . (GNOME bug 634184)
- Carlos Garcia Campos added support for external links into Evince . (GNOME bug 628711)
- James Liggett implemented the Aply Mailbox Files pane in the git plugin of Anjuta.
- Jens Georg made item creation asynchronous in the mediathek plugin of Rygel . (GNOME bug 638269)
- Marek Kasik added a new plugin for print notifications in gnome-settings-daemon.
- Ray Strode changed gnome-session to use the shell for presenting the logout and shutdown dialogs . (GNOME bug 637188)
- Owen Taylor started pushing his work on the new “Thumbnails” workspace management of GNOME Shell.
January 23, 2011
This week… 2604 commits, in 181 projects, by 266 happy hackers (and 446 were translation commits).
- The screensaver dialog screen has been made a bit more like the mockups by Jon McCann.
- Also the work he did to make gdm more like the plans for GNOME 3 has been merged by Ray Strode.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo started pushing his work for a new Epiphany download manager, in the downloads branch.
- Chandni Verma patched Empathy to display a typing icon alongside contacts in the MUC contact lists . (GNOME bug 609419)
- Jeff Schroeder added support for hiding notes, and notebook template notes, in Snowy.
- Matthias Clasen updated gnome-settings-daemon to use symbolic icons for its On Screen Display . (GNOME bug 639772)
- Paolo Bacchilega added focus stealing prevention code to file-roller . (GNOME bug 318108)
- The Adwaita theme engine has been moved from gtk-theme-engine-clearlooks to gnome-themes-standard.
- A “Generate Patch Series” pane has been added to the git plugin of Anjuta, by James Liggett.
- Marek Kašík added an initial implementation of a Printers panel to the control center.
- Pierre Wieser migrated nautilus-actions from GConf to GSettings.
- A new histogram view has been added to the sidebar of gthumb.
- David Zeuthen finished the port of gnome-disk-utility to GTK+ 3.
- The screencast recorded built in GNOME Shell has been switched to webm by Adel Gadllah . (GNOME bug 632595)
- Also in GNOME Shell Maxim Ermilov added the ability to extend a search to the web, using OpenSearch to define the search engines . (GNOME bug 623708)
January 16, 2011
This week… 2282 commits, in 191 projects, by 251 happy hackers (and 480 were translation commits).
- Giovanni Campagni created a gnome-shell-extensions repository, to host extensions modifying and extending GNOME Shell functionality and behavior, at the moment there are two extensions: alternate-tab (a replacement for Alt-Tab, allows to cycle between windows and does not group by application), and xandr-indicator (a systems status menu for rotating monitors)
- Andreas J. Guelzow fixed locale specific sotring in Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 638874)
- Philip Withnall had to limit Totem to displaying videos in the formats authorized by YouTube’s terms of service, Bastien Nocera had a blog post about this, YouTube playback will suck again.
- Paolo Bacchilega modified file-roller to use the new GTK+ app chooser dialog for the “Open With” command.
- Robert Ancell added a “set to default” button to dconf-editor.
- The Vala rewrite of glchess has been merged in gnome-games.
- In gnome-utils Cosimo Cecchi ported both the screenshot tool and the log viewer to GSettings.
- A keyboard layout selector has been added to the Shell, the indicator is shown when more than one group is loaded in X and it is not disabled in GSettings . (GNOME bug 600771)
- Jon McCann added some real informations to the new system info panel of gnome-control-center.
- Lucas Rocha added the ability to move multiple things at once in the board.
- The gedit-collaboration plugin has been updated to use the new asynchronous SASL API for authentication, by Jesse van den Kieboom.
- Luciana Fujii changed Cheese to use camerabin as pipeline base, in the “camerabin” branch.
- In Yelp Rupert Swarbrick added code to make links from strings of the form “blah(2)” in man pages.
- Philip Withnall improved the Google backend for contacts in evolution-data-server, to support categorising contacts in groups . (GNOME bug 566441)
- Tiffany Antopolski continued adding and filling pages for the new GNOME documentation, with a serie of pages about window managements in the Shell.
January 9, 2011
This week… 1791 commits, in 173 projects, by 211 happy hackers (and 356 were translation commits).
- Cristian Klein patched vte to prevent useless wakeups when the terminal doesn’t have focus, disabling the cursor blink timer when the cursor is hidden.
- Florian Müllner added two new frame states to mutter to allow theme authors to tread side-by-side windows differently . (GNOME bug 637330)
- Lucas Rocha started adding a “Sound Thing” to the board.
- Shaun McCance modified yelp to automatically install packages for missing documents.
- In Meld Kirill Müller sped up SVN listing for huge working copies . (GNOME bug 638607)
- Vivien Malerba added initial support for rich text rendering in libgda reports.
- Jon McCann changed gsettings-desktop-schema to no longer have icons on the desktop by default.
- Adel Gadllah implemented cross overview drag & drop in GNOME Shell, allowing draging to the activities button or the hotcorner (and thus opening the overview), which then allows the user to activate any window (even on different workspaces as a drop target . (GNOME bug 601731)
- Jose Aliste fixed several security issues in the DVI backend of Evince.
- The eog plugins system has been ported to use libpeas, and plugins were updated accordingly . (GNOME bug 626091)
- gitg has been ported to use gsettings by Ignacio Casal Quinteiro.
- Paolo Bacchilega re-added the semi-transparent properties box in gthumb fullscreen mode.
- Gary Lin scaled down the GTK+ print dialog size, to make it fit on a typical netbook screen . (GNOME bug 637958)
- Jonathan Matthew fixed the podcast status on download completion in Rhythmbox, this should make it possible to complete downloads that fail due to connection errors and the like . (GNOME bug 633469)
- Robert Ancell worked on the glChess vala rewrite, starting work on a chess clock, and adding back 3D board numbering.
January 2, 2011
This week… 1659 commits, in 177 projects, by 184 happy hackers (and 405 were translation commits).
- Carlos Garcia Campos ported gnome-desktop-utils to GSettings . (GNOME bug 638169)
- libchamplain has been updated to use GTK+ 3 and Clutter-GTK 1.0 . (GNOME bug 631009)
- Philip Withnall added many code examples to libgdata . (GNOME bug 579885)
- Peter Bloomfield started porting Balsa to GTK+ 3.
- Tiffany Antopolski added pages about backups to the new GNOME Help, while Phil Bull added several power management topics.
- Mike Gorse made an initial pass at adding i18n and proper object disposal to at-spi2-core.
- Missing GTK+ API were wrapped into the perl-Gtk2 bindings by Torsten Schönfeld.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro ported the terminal gedit plugin to GTK+ 3 and libpeas.
- Bertrand Lorentz for Banshee, and Jonathan Matthew for Rhythmbox, both added support for the new MPRIS Playlists interface.
- Aurimas Černius ported the notebook rename function from Tomboy to gnote . (GNOME bug 610194)
- A popup menu to open, rename and remove bookmarks in Evince has been added by Carlos Garcia Campos.
- Adrian Hands added Copy Image and Copy Path to clipboard functionalities to eog (GNOME bug 78514!!!).