March 20, 2011
This week… 3142 commits, in 211 projects, by 294 happy hackers (and 1113 were translation commits).
- Translators were all hard at work, with more than one thousand commits this week.
- John Stowers pushed his GNOME Tweak Tool to the GNOME Git server.
- Mutter was changed to provide a single library, combining both libmutter-wm and libmutter-private . (GNOME bug 644565)
- Colin Walters added a “fail whale” dialog in gnome-session, to be shown on component failures; the name comes from Twitter error pages . (GNOME bug 642497)
- The same Colin Walters also rewrote a11y bus management in at-spi2-core, so it doesn’t fall back to the session bus . (GNOME bug 644851)
- Cosimo Cecchi added a first iteration of a dark variant of the Adwaita theme, in gnome-themes-standard.
- In libsoup Dan Winship implemented a GNOME proxy backend using te network proxy settings from gsettings-desktop-schemas, for automatic proxy configuration it uses the D-Bus service provided by the libproxy plugin . (GNOME bug 644211)
- Shaun McCance added mouseovers on topic links of Mallard documents, in yelp-xsl.
- In gnome-devel-docs Johannes Schmid updated or added guitar tuner demos in different languages.
- And also at the documentation hackfest many pages were written for the user help, by all participants.
- Claude Paroz added support for “reduced stats” in damned-lies, making it possible to have statistics on “important” strings, for example it currently excludes schema strings.
- Jan Danielsson added support for the Fossil Source Control Management to Meld . (GNOME bug 644811)
- Richard Hugues updated the screenshot tool in gnome-utils to save the screen ICC profile in the screenshot.
- Bastien Nocera implemented touchpad motion settings in the mouse plugin for gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 642474)
|Lucian Adrian Grijincu||144||banshee, network-manager-applet, gnome-shell and others|
|Luca Bruno||114||nemiver, vala|
|Gabor Kelemen||86||gnome-session, gnome-shell, gnome-utils and others|
|Cosimo Cecchi||83||gnome-themes-standard, gtk+, nautilus and others|
|Matthias Clasen||68||gnome-control-center, gtk+, glib and others|
|Daniel Mustieles||65||kupfer, damned-lies, gnome-shell and others|
|Alexander Larsson||61||gtk+, gnome-shell, mutter and others|
|Frederic Peters||61||library-web, jhbuild, releng and others|
|Bastien Nocera||54||gnome-control-center, gnome-settings-daemon, gnome-bluetooth and others|