April 24, 2011
This week… 1745 commits, in 184 projects, by 223 happy hackers (and 390 were translation commits).
- Mario Sanchez Prada switched Frogr to use GTK+ 3 by default.
- Gary Ching-Pang Lin added a Myspace service to libsocialweb.
- A quick previewer for Nautilus, named sushi, has been pushed by Cosimo Cecchi, he wrote about it in Sushi.
- Marek Kasic changed the printers settings panel to set the default paper size according to the locale.
- Sebastian Polsterl ported the Totem plugin of GNOME DVB Daemon to GDBus.
- In Epiphany Xan Lopez added UI options to hide the menubar; in the future Web-app like windows will have this hidden by default.
- Stef Walter added a rudimentary GnuPG collection implementation to gnome-keyring . (GNOME bug 647885)
- Pedro Castro fixed the insertion of subtitle at video position in gnome-subtitles, after a patch from Michał Sawicz.
- Alexander Larsson changed the GTK+ broadway backend to use cairo to generate PNG URIs.
- He also switched it to stream data over websocket, as using zlib compressed data over xmlhttprequest was a nice hack but doesn’t really work in production.
- Robert Ancell made automatic exponentiation in gcalctool less aggressive.
April 17, 2011
This week… 2032 commits, in 167 projects, by 243 happy hackers (and 355 were translation commits).
- Luis de Bethencourt unified the encodebin-based transcoding of Rygel, so each transcoder then simply has to provide an encoding profile and not have to create the static pipelines etc.
- Ritesh Khadgaray migrated xchat-gnome from libglade to GtkBuilder . (GNOME bug 588400)
- Kristian Rietveld started implementing a CoreText backend for pango, to be used on Mac OS X 10.5 or higher.
- Peter Bloomfield removed the usage of GConf in Balsa.
- In Glade Juan Pablo Ugarte optimized project loading time by not updating progrebars on each object loaded, he also migrated code from GtkStyle to GtkStyleContext.
- Shaun McCance added a Mallard xref link checker to yelp-tools.
- The Board got webcam support in photo elements, thanks Lucas Rocha.
- Alexander Larsson went on fixing a lot of D-Bus message leaks in gvfs.
- Support for upload progress has been added to libsocialweb by Eitan Isaacson.
- Robert Bragg moved all GLX code down from Clutter to Cogl; moving OpenGL window system binding code down from Clutter into Cogl is the biggest blocker to having Cogl become a standalone 3D graphics library, so this is an important step in that direction.
- Richard Hughes added named color profile support to gcm-viewer.
- Matthias Clasen got to improve struct packing for many objects of glib and GTK+.
April 10, 2011
This week… 3317 commits, in 232 projects, by 319 happy hackers (and 730 were translation commits).
- Jesse van den Kieboom ported the commander gedit plugin to libpeas and GTK+ 3 . (GNOME bug 640075)
- Shaun McCance revamped the platform overview document, giving each tech its own page.
- Dov Grobgeld added a calibration tool to the giv image viewer.
- Paolo Bacchilega added a new sharpen tool to gthumb.
- Bastien Nocera switched Totem to use clutter-gst to draw video, this allows to draw arbitrary actors on top of the video widget, while having them resize and move with the video widget.
- A few days later he implemented the GstNavigation interface in clutter-gst video sink, making the DVD menus work.
- Fabien Parent contributed a GSettings implemented to Nemiver configuration manager.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added a way to automatize the profile filling in gstranslator . (GNOME bug 547610)
- Jonathan Matthew ported all of Rhythmbox (core & plugins) to use GSettings.
- Alban Crequy added contacts support in the flickr module of libsocialweb.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo continued his work on the epiphany plugin system, converting existing epiphany-extensions to libpeas.
- Ekaterina Gerasimova contributed new Mallard documentation to Vinagre.
- Will Thompson added an eMusic web store source to Banshee . (GNOME bug 623828)
- Garrett Regier contributed a GJS plugin loaded to libpeas.
- Alexander Larsson added an experimental toplevel window mode to the GTK+ broadway backend; this mode makes each toplevel window get its own browser window, with popup windows using the browser window of their transient parent.Jesse van den Kieboom ported the commander gedit plugin to libpeas and GTK+ 3 . (GNOME bug 640075)
April 3, 2011
This week… 3591 commits, in 236 projects, by 319 happy hackers (and 1279 were translation commits).
- Philip Withnall ported the core of Almanah to GSettings.
- In libsocialweb Alban Crequy added support for last.fm contacts.
- Raul Gutierrez Segales added write support for Tracker in folks . (GNOME bug 645413)
- Bruno Coudoin did a major rewrite of the submarine activity of gcompris.
- Stefan Kost started adding a simple markdown parser for gtk-doc comments . (GNOME bug 639145)
- Lucas Rocha did some initial work on Cheese support in the PhotoThing of The Board.
- Proper support for localization has been added to gnome-tweak-tool . (GNOME bug 646058)
- Diego Escalante Urrelo started a peas branch to port Epiphany plugin system to libpeas.
- The documentation team (Shaun McCance, Tiffany Antopolski, Phil Bull, Jim Campbell…) was again hard at work on the desktop help.
- Matthias Clasen fixed the creation of VPN connections in gnome-control-center.
- Philippe Normand contributed a new gajim extension to gnome-shell-extensions, in order to display Gajim incoming chats as notifications in the Shell message tray . (GNOME bug 645760)
- Morten Welinder layed out the foundation for translated function names in gnumeric.
- Vincent Untz continued rewriting gnome-panel to make it work better in fallback mode.
- The new website style has been merged to library-web, to be deployed on release day.