August 26, 2012
This week… 2517 commits, in 248 projects, by 246 happy hackers (and 522 were translation commits).
- Tim-Philipp Müller ported brasero to GStreamer 1.0.
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added an overlay for the creation of events in gnome-calendar.
- Kalev Lember ported ghex to GtkApplication.
- Paolo Bacchilega fixed file-roller to restore file attributes after extraction . (GNOME bug 682513)
- Xavier Claessens changed Empathy to not show offline contacts by default.
- In pango Behdad Esfahbod fixed bidi implementation with regards to Unicode 5.2.0 . (GNOME bug 590183)
- Clément Coudoin contributed a new Asia map level to gcompris geography activity.
- In libsoup Gustavo Noronha Silva added SoupMultipartInputStream, for handling multipart responses . (GNOME bug 656684)
- Steffen Macke improved shape export in dia, allowing to draw connection points with special shapes.
- In GTK+ Lars Uebernickel added support for action namespaces to GtkModelMenu.
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon to apply XKB options . (GNOME bug 679075)
- Lionel Landwerlin added a zoom action to clutter . (GNOME bug 678427)
- Paolo Bacchilega added a new custom high quality scale function to gthumb.
- In gnome-clocks Seif Lotfy added support for storing edited alarms.
- The restyling of gnome-shell message tray has landed, Ana Risteska wrote about that in GNOME Summer Lovin’.
- Cosimo Cecchi changed gnome-font-viewer to load font names asynchronously.
October 10, 2010
This week… 1988 commits, in 187 projects, by 228 happy hackers (and 349 were translation commits).
- Too many modules to list were ported to use upstream gettext instead of the glib version, and to GTK+ 3, be it complete ports or updates to match recent changes.
- William Jon McCann added a “persistence” server capability to notification-daemon, and the corresponding support in libnotify; this will allow clients to determine if the server will only show transient notifications or has notification persistence. If the server supports persistence then the client should not perform its own message persistence (for example by showing a status icon).
- Hans Breuer fixed the saving of some display settings (antialiasing, snap-to-object…) in Dia . (GNOME bug 155929)
- Meld was modified to use Myers matcher for inline differences (part of GNOME bug 587410).
- An “Edit Image” toolbar button hs been added to eog, conditionnally enabled if a specific image editor is specified in GSettings . (GNOME bug 609958)
- Florian Müllner published an “overview-relayout” branch of GNOME Shell, inaugurating his blog with a From the land of Shell post.
- Sanford Armstrong ported the note XML to HTML transformation that happens in Snowy to the lxml library (GNOME bug 631189).
- In Brasero Philippe Rouquier added a new check for the volume free space when creating an image.
- The control panel of GNOME Color Manager has been split into four tabs to reduce the window height.
- Thomas Wood started implementing new UI designs from Jakup Steiner and Hylke Bons for the datetime configuration panel.
- The “ui-widgets” branch has been merged into gnome-keyring, Stef Walter posted about it in Certificate and Key Widgets.
- Luca Bruno started adding Brtfs-handling modules to gparted.
- In glib Ryan Lortie added GSettings APIs for range and choices . (GNOME bug 631263)
- And in GTK+ Cody Russell added resize grips to GtkWindow, and Matthias Clasen also posted about it in Getting a grip.
August 1, 2010
This week… 1817 commits, in 202 projects, by 221 happy hackers (and 396 were translation commits).
- In the ongoing transitions emerillon has been ported to GSettings, while evolution, evolution-data-server, and brasero have been ported to GDBus (GNOME bug 622884 and others).
- Also glibmm gained a wrapper for GApplication, and gtkmm another one for GtkApplication.
- Mike Gorse added thread safety around main loop invocations in PyGTK.
- Eye of GNOME got a settings conversion file, to migrate configuration from GConf to GSettings.
- Jonh Wendell ported Vinagre to use libpeas for its plugins.
- And a basic support for plugin dependencies has been added to libpeas.
- Cheese effect preview elements have been changed to be constructed on-demand, rather than at startup, which has a great effect on startup performance.
- Matthias Clasen improved a lot the coverage of unit tests in GLib.
- Michael Natterer started porting various bits of Gimp from drawing with GDK to drawing with Cairo.
- Paolo Borelli made a first cut at a fonts panel for gnome control center 3.0, at the moment a straight port of the fonts tab of the current appearance preferences dialog.
- In Gnumeric Jean Brefort added support for importing old Guppi graphs from gnumeric 1.0 files.
- Nate Stedman added support for shapes and backgrounds to Ease.
- In Vala Michael Terry added support for the new bytestring GVariant (GNOME bug 624986)
- Last but not least Cosimo Cecchi removed the backgrounds/emblems feature in Nautilus.
- As for GSoC students, many were at GUADEC and you should really watch the recorded GSoC lightning talks session once it’s made available…
June 20, 2010
This week… 2299 commits, in 199 projects, by 257 happy hackers (and 362 were translation commits).
- This week again a few modules were ported to gsettings, this is the case for GNOME Shell, Brasero, Empathy and the GNOME Bluetooth nautilus-sendto plugin.
- girparser, from gobject-introspection, got support for an introspectable=no attribute, to replace the hackish pre-filter for varargs with a much more generic mechanism . (GNOME bug 621570)
- Robert Ancell made dconf-editor understand and display configuration schemas.
- Jonh Wendell added the possibility to specifiy an alternative ssh port when doing tunnels in Vinagre . (GNOME bug 621809)
- Matthias Clasen ported accounts-dialog to be a control-center panel, this is done in the control-center-panel branch.
- Maxim Ermilov added animated display of startup notifications to GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 598349)
- Totem has been ported to the new libpeas for plugin handling . (GNOME bug 604830)
- Garrett Regier added support for gobject introspection to gedit (GNOME bug 621549)
- F-Spot has been switched to use bilinear scaling for thumbnails . (GNOME bug 621881)
- Stef Walter fixed a deadlock on secure memory usage in gnome-keyring.
- Around the Summer of Code projects, Stéphane Maniaci added a basic flickr fetcher to ease, to grab pictures from flickr, Luca Invernizzi added a new two-way synchronization engine to Getting Things GNOME, Alexander Saprykin implemented GIO async read/write support to his totem chapter plugin, and other students also did much work…
May 2, 2010
This week… 2121 commits, in 206 projects, by 275 happy hackers (and 317 were translation commits).
- GLChess, from gnome-games, has been switched to use the GtkInfoBar widget . (GNOME bug 612660)
- Cosimo Cecchi added a button to restore selected files in the trash top bar in Nautilus . (GNOME bug 616304)
- Robert Carr worked hard on Glide, including some undo machinery, a new animation system, PDF export support; he blogged about this and more in Glide Update….
- Support for Tracker 0.8 has been added to Brasero . (GNOME bug 616831)
- Emerillon, the map browser using libchamplain, got bindings for the Vala language . (GNOME bug 616729)
- Dependency on libgnome has been removed from the invest applet . (GNOME bug 597842)
- Andreas Rottmann added gobject-introspection support to libsoup.
- Libchamplain build process has seen many changes, making it possible to build again without libmemphis support.
- Guido Günther added a simple PAM plugin to krb5-auth-dialog . (GNOME bug 347034)
- Dodji Seketeli made the find dialog of nemiver non-modal.
- And GNOME Color Manager has been updated to show much more details in the color picker UI, and allow the user to choose a RGB colorspace.
February 28, 2010
This week… 2327 commits, in 209 projects, by 299 happy hackers (and 739 were translation commits).
- libgda got initial support for GObject Introspection, thanks to Daniel Espinosa.
- Empathy conversation logger can now be run as a separate process (GNOME bug 518414)
- Zenity got a –color-selection switch, to display a color selection dialog . (GNOME bug 540169)
- GNOME Screensaver got a control center extension panel, but it got reverted, most likely for the next release.
- Brasero drive selection widget has been fixed to be usable from GtkBuilder (GNOME bug 608170)
- Some minimal support for checking certificates has been added to Epiphany (GNOME bug 600663)
- GNOME Shell got notifications to point to windows demanding attention (via the urgency hint ) (GNOME bug 610594)
- gnote has been changed to allow user to decide if links are updated when renaming a note . (GNOME bug 584789)
- gcalctool was chaned to allow hexadecimal numbers to be entered in lower-case.
- Carlos Garcia Campos pushed a bonobo-less branch of the GNOME Panel, porting both gnome-panel and libpanel-applet to D-Bus . (GNOME bug 572131)
December 6, 2009
This week… 1756 commits, in 187 projects, by 230 happy hackers (and 277 were translation commits).
- Brasero got a way to switch between different project types, for example converting from an audio project to a data project . (GNOME bug 558440)
- The Evolution contact map plugin by Cédric Bosdonnat has been commited, Cédric announced the plugin in Maps for Evolution . (GNOME bug 361156)
- An iPhone port of Dasher has been pushed.
- Cheese saw ports from HAL to gudev (GNOME bug 594966), from EphySpinner to GtkSnipper (GNOME bug 598445), and from straight GStreamer to libcanberra (GNOME bug 603152).
- Support for callback functions has been pushed into gjs . (GNOME bug 563025)
- Paolo Bacchilega updated file roller to use an EggFileFormatChooser widget for file format selection.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo worked hard updating the API docs of Epiphany . (GNOME bug 503852)
- Support for compression has been added to the TIFF pixbuf loader . (GNOME bug 584700)
- Matt Kraai made the totem-pl-parser library thread-safe . (GNOME bug 572705)
- Jonathon Jongsma refactored error reporting in Evolution to separate error from dialogs . (GNOME bug 602963)