September 9, 2012
This week… 2896 commits, in 281 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 1186 were translation commits).
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb to allow scaling images before uploading to FlickR or PicasaWeb.
- Marek Kašík landed the redesign of the “new printer” dialog of gnome-control-center.
- Jean Bréfort fixed the import of multiple paths shape elements in gnumeric ODF plugin.
- In clutter Emmanuele Bassi added interpolation for matrices, making it possible for :transform and :child-transform to be animated.
- In pygobject Simon Feltman added a Signal class for adding and connecting custom signals . (GNOME bug 434924)
- Phillip Wood contributed support for composer tags to sound-juicer, particularly useful for classical music . (GNOME bug 661646)
- Sébastien Wilmet switched latexila from CMake to autotools.
- Alexander Larsson updated gnome-contacts to use libcheese rather than direct calls to gstreamer to take avatar photo.
- Giovanni Campagna fixed idle blank and sleep timeouts in the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin . (GNOME bug 668703)
- Thiago Santos updated Cheese to the GStreamer 1.0 API.
- William Jon McCann landed a new design for the “Connect to Server” dialog of Nautilus . (GNOME bug 682637)
- Jean-François Fortin Tam implemented a Media Library toolbar into Pitivi.
- Carlos Garnacho added GtkTextHandle to GTK+, a helper object to allow text widgets to implement text selection on touch devices.
April 1, 2012
This week… 2870 commits, in 255 projects, by 310 happy hackers (and 635 were translation commits).
- Jasper St. Pierre imported mustache into extensions-web, to get new template system that will allow to sanely translate the website.
- In pygobject John Palmieri added a ccallback type which is used to invoke callbacks passed to a vfunc . (GNOME bug 644926)
- In tomboy Alex Tereschenko added the possibility to work on search results in addition to just one note.
- Ray Strode dropped the numlock warning from gnome-screensaver unlock dialog . (GNOME bug 662093)
- Jean Bréfort improved goffice to use a fallback image when the actual image type is not supported.
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew commited a new more compact header layout, now it has the playback controls, the current track information (including album art), the time display, the position slider, and the volume control on the same line.
- Christopher Baines fixed gcalctool to stop entering thousands seperators when using a base other than 10.
- Xan Lopez changed epiphany to always save the session state on Quit.
- In gnome-documents Florian Müllner made search queries cancellable; to avoid congesting the connection queue, cancel ongoing queries before starting a new one . (GNOME bug 672733)
- Debarshi Ray added Microsoft Exchange support (using EWS) to gnome-online-accounts.
- In Cheese Patricia Santana Cruz added a timer when recording a video . (GNOME bug 599729)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added webcam support to set new avators in gnome-contacts.
- Bastien Nocera changed Totem to pass proxy informations to GStreamer elements . (GNOME bug 395429)
February 5, 2012
This week… 1611 commits, in 183 projects, by 205 happy hackers (and 216 were translation commits).
- In gnome-themes-standard Lapo Calamandrei started using PNGs as assets where possible, instead of SVG files.
- Many introspection improvements landed in gjs (support for interfaces, signals, glib properties…), Jasper St. Pierre blogged about GJS Improvements.
- Matthias Clasen added a systemd implementation of the session tracking part of gnome-session . (GNOME bug 666891)
- David King added an horizontal flip effect to gnome-video-effects . (GNOME bug 666930)
- Jasper St. Pierre added back a “popularity” field to extensions.gnome.org.
- Empathy was updated by Will Thompson to present confirmation dialogs when closing windows containing chat rooms . (GNOME bug 591756)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed rich text import from xslx files . (GNOME bug 669083)
- Faghmie Davids contributed many improvements to the Firebird provider of libgda.
- In gnome-shell Owen Taylor improved the default screencast pipeline, decreasing the quality setting for the vp8 codec from 10 to 8, and increasing the speed setting from 2 to 6 . (GNOME bug 669066)
- Stefano Palazzo contributed a Python 3 language file for gtksourceview . (GNOME bug 668136)
- Alexander Larsson updated gnome-contacts to use a dialog for avatar changing.
- Patricia Santana Cruz changed cheese to use PackageKit to install nautilus-sendto when needed; she wrote about this: PackageKit in Cheese . (GNOME bug 668072)
- Damien Sandras reimplemented call control functions into the new Ekiga call window.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell ported uadrapassel from C++ to Vala.
- Claudio Saavedra updated eog to hide the titlebar when maximized . (GNOME bug 668652)
- In gedit Jesse van den Kieboom added an option to ensure that documents always end with a trailing newline.
January 29, 2012
This week… 1871 commits, in 231 projects, by 217 happy hackers (and 219 were translation commits).
- In librsvg Christian Persch improved the decoding of data: URIs.
- Cosimo Cecchi changed gnome-screenshot to make non interactive mode headless, making it just save the image to the saved screenshots directory.
- Aurimas Černius added core synchronization support to gnote.
- Carlos Garcia Campos pushed some initial work porting devhelp to WebKit2; he later posted details about the port and the process (porting devhelp to WebKit2).
- Milan Crha added support for setting user’s folder permissions into evolution-mapi . (GNOME bug 667714)
- Oleksij Rempel switched Cheese from theora/ogg to vp8/webm.
- In gparted Rogier Goossens added the ability to set a new random UUID on file systems that provide the appropriate tools to perform this action . (GNOME bug 667278)
- Will Thompson added support for functions which return GError into pygobject . (GNOME bug 666098)
- Alexander Larsson added a first run dialog to gnome-contacts.
- Matthias Clasen added a resource tool to glib, this lets the developer poke at resources in elf files and standalone resource bundles.
- James Le Cuirot contributed the possibility to align text vertically into glabels.
- In gthumb Paolo Bacchilega added High quality zoom for SVG images.
- Adel Gadllah moved filesystem I/O to a thread when taking a screenshot in gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 652952)
- Florian Brosch contributed support for comments to the GIR parser in Vala.
- Pascal de Bruijn made gnome-color-manager use smaller/faster display calibration target sets.
January 22, 2012
This week… 1964 commits, in 174 projects, by 203 happy hackers (and 247 were translation commits).
- Maciej Piechotka added a ArrayQueue data structure to libgee.
- Patches from Christophe Fergeau to port sound-juicer to musicbrainz4 have landed at last.
- In Banshee Andrés Aragoneses split RockBox support co into its own class.
- Krzesimir Nowak changed rygel to append extensions to served files.
- Bastien Nocera added support for pairing the iCade into gnome-bluetooth.
- Shaun McCance improved Yelp by making Mallard documents auto-reload on changes.
- In Tomboy Aaron Borden fixed template syncing . (GNOME bug 665679)
- In gnome-contacts Alexander Larsson added support for changing the primary address book.
- Zeeshan Ali changed gnome-boxes to add devices based on what is supported by the OS; the information about device support comes from libosinfo . (GNOME bug 666739)
- Matthias Clasen added optional systemd support to gnome-packagekit, to make it use systemd instead of ConsoleKit for rebooting . (GNOME bug 666788)
- Joseph Scheuhammer contributed a dialog for zoom options into the universal access control center panel . (GNOME bug 643086)
- David Zeuthen merged his udisks2 port of gnome-disk-utility.
- In GLib Dan Winship added multicast-related functions to GSocket . (GNOME bug 626589)
- Alexia Death added axis labels to dynamics curves and curveview in Gimp.
- Patricia Santana Cruz added videos and picture sharing support, via nautilus-sendto, to Cheese . (GNOME bug 522210)
November 27, 2011
This week… 2089 commits, in 181 projects, by 226 happy hackers (and 320 were translation commits).
- Richard Hughes added a progress bar on the calibration action page of gnome-color-manager.
- Morten Welinder improved the precision of range functions in goffice.
- Joanmarie Diggs removed the legacy magnification code from orca . (GNOME bug 664651)
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen updated the ATA smart dialog.
- Erik Hartenian improved the Cantarell font, adding “extrema” to all glyphs, and making slight adjustments on a few letters.
- In the gnome-control-center wacom panel Bastien Nocera split out the tablet page, so it can be reused for separate tablet configurations.
- In seahorse Stef Walter added support for creating creating certificate requests as well as support for PKCS#11 key generation.
- Guillaume Desmottes added a “wrong password” dialog to Empathy, used for failing GOA accounts . (GNOME bug 661640)
- Milan Crha implemented fast-transfer for the address book backend of evolution-mapi.
- For gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi made a first version of GdTaggedEntry, a GtkEntry subclass to which tags can be added (and styled with CSS).
- Anthony Granger updated Cheese preferences dialog to be more netbook-friendly . (GNOME bug 663146)
- Jason Baron added cgroup support in the process view of gnome-system-monitor.
- John Stowers updated gnome-tweak-tool to support the new GNOME Shell 3.3.x DBus interface.
November 6, 2011
This week… 1522 commits, in 143 projects, by 202 happy hackers (and 179 were translation commits).
- Dan Winship added API to handle redirections in libsoup.
- Chris Kühl modified gnome-system-monitor to include the process name in the end and kill process dialogs . (GNOME bug 560162)
- Will Thompson changed pinpoint to inhibit screensaver while fullscreened.
- In seahorse Stef Walter implemented locking and unlocking of tokens.
- Zeeshan Ali added basic support for creating a VM to gnome-boxes.
- In cogl Robert Bragg started reducing the dependency to glib.
- David Zeuthen changed gnome-disk-utility to default to formatting removable media as NTFS, noting that ideally we’d have a good filesystem for removable media but that’s not the way things work right now.
- Ekaterina Gerasimova rewrote the gnome-system-log help in Mallard . (GNOME bug 658455)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved text and hyperlinks import/export from and to ODF . (GNOME bug 663135 and GNOME bug 603533)
- In gparted Curtis Gedak fixed the display of ext2/3/4 and NTFS unicode volume labels . (GNOME bug 662537)
- Jean Bréfort added some optional support for EPS images into libgoffice.
- Cosimo Cecchi made a first implementation of a search dropdown filter in gnome-documents.
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew reworked the search UI and added a source toolbar.
- Carlos Garcia Campos added a serie of tools to manipulate xps files into libgxps.
- Jasper St. Pierre added tab-completion to gnome-shell looking glass . (GNOME bug 661054)
- Patricia Santana Cruz added camera hotplug support to the preferences dialog of Cheese . (GNOME bug 603612)
October 23, 2011
This week… 2348 commits, in 213 projects, by 251 happy hackers (and 434 were translation commits).
- Damien Lespiau updated pinpoint to support 3gp files as video files.
- In gparted Curtis Gedak added detection of exfat file systems (GNOME bug 639760) and the ability to resize btrfs file systems (GNOME bug 661715).
- Marc-André Lureau started implemented the assistant pages to create machines in gnome-boxes.
- Dan Winship fixed SoupMessage https status information to be set more reliably.
- Now that GTK+ supports it, Cosimo Cecchi enabled transparency and rounded corners of tooltips in gnome-themes-standard.
- Morten Welinder added a new resource manager into goffice.
- In gnome-screensaver Martin Schmölzer fixed background scaling on multi-monitor setups . (GNOME bug 648193)
- Philip Withnall added support for caching vCard parameters for contacts in folks telepathy backend.
- Zeeshan Ali refactored rygel to more easily support client hacks, and added some for Panasonic TV.
- Vincent Untz changed gnome-session to use whitelist/blacklist regexps when evaluating the active renderer . (GNOME bug 644325)
- In yelp Shaun McCance added a share button to send a link to a help page.
- Florian Müllner added context menus (with copy/paste actions) to some entries of gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 659275)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow added optional markers to indicate that cell content has been truncated . (GNOME bug 662149)
- David King changed cheese to prefer the dark GTK+ theme variant . (GNOME bug 660628)
September 11, 2011
This week… 2865 commits, in 205 projects, by 275 happy hackers (and 896 were translation commits).
- Hans Breuer updated dia so that plugins can now deliver change information for the undo mechanism.
- Emmanuele Bassi made the json-glib reader perform a stricter validation of data . (GNOME bug 658632)
- Rhythmbox got a new grilo plugin, to replace the coherence and jamendo plugins, by Jonathan Matthew.
- Dieter Verfaillie made a serie of fixes for the Microsoft Windows port of gobject-introspection.
- Lapo Calamandrei pushed a set of refreshed icons for Cheese . (GNOME bug 646770)
- Christian Persch fixed librsvg to store node type separately in RsvgNode, as the previous code could lead to a (potentially exploitable) crash . (GNOME bug 658014)
- Guido Günther turned the control center panel of krb5-auth-dialog into a standalone preferences window . (GNOME bug 657292)
- Matthias Clasen changed Mutter to not show a title on its alert dialogs.
- David Zeuthen updated his udisks2 branch of gnome-disk-utility to show disk names in red if its SMART status indicates that it’s failing.
- Jean Bréfort made goffice sheet widgets scalable . (GNOME bug 605434)
- Milan Crha updated evolution-data-server to read proxy settings from GSettings . (GNOME bug 655728)
- In Nemiver Dodji Seketeli added support for multiple breakpoints . (GNOME bug 658143)
- Cosimo Cecchi implemented listening to create/delete events from the tracker DB to refresh gnome-documents view.
- GNOME Shell got new APIs to add and remove search providers, contributed by Philippe Normand . (GNOME bug 658113)
- Vincent Untz added NTP support for SUSE variants to the datetime gnome-settings-daemon plugin . (GNOME bug 654970)
- Jim Campbell refactored the web and net sections of gnome-user-docs,combining the different pages under the net section.
- In glib Ryan Lortie improved support for alternative digits (such as Arabic numerals) in date/time formatting . (GNOME bug 658107)
- Alexander Larsson added support for contact unlinking in gnome-contacts.
- Bruno Coudoin added new animals to the erase activity of gcompris; they were taken from pictures of the Antarctic trip of Adrien Grellier and Claire Gégout.
- And keeping the subject on animals, Xavier Claessens added two new (whale and babywhale) commands to Empathy.
July 17, 2011
This week… 2446 commits, in 159 projects, by 280 happy hackers (and 451 were translation commits).
- Raluca Elena Podiuc made the effect previews of Cheese scale with the window.
- Pedro Castro updated gnome-subtitles to show the character count in the margin . (GNOME bug 625485)
- A new extension for the shell has been contributed by Erick Pérez Castellanos, workspace-indicator shows a menu in the status area that indicates current workspace and allows for quick switching, similar to the workspace-indicator applet in GNOME 2.
- Raul Gutierrez Segales added an evolution-data-server backend to folks . (GNOME bug 638281)
- Support for libgdata 0.9 has been added to the postasa eog plugin by Felix Riemann . (GNOME bug 654302)
- Jakub Steiner improved the appearance of menu and window default shadows . (GNOME bug 649374)
- Enrico Minack introduced index value expansion and tree organization of quotes in the invest applet.
- Andreas J. Guelzow improved the conditional formatting dialog of Gnumeric.
- Matthias Clasen added new g_unichar_compose() and g_unichar_decompose() functions to glib . (GNOME bug 654195)
- Cosimo Cecchi turned the automout plugin of gnome-settings-daemon into a separate binary . (GNOME bug 653521)
- Stef Walter updated gcr to display the first photo uid as icon for GnuPG keys . (GNOME bug 650433)