October 14, 2012
This week… 1540 commits, in 234 projects, by 207 happy hackers (and 365 were translation commits).
- Alexander Larsson imported the gvfs-test test frameworks from Martin Pitt into the gvfs source tree.
- In gxml Richard Schwarting added examples in C, Vala, JS, and Python on how to create and save documents.
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added a new widget to handle 24-hour format time in gnome-calendar.
- Richard Hughes changed gnome-color-manager to have a ‘Show details’ button for already-installed profiles.
- In folks Jeremy Whiting contributed a new Ofono backend to read contacts from SIM cards.
- Ondrej Holy added trackball detection to gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 685941)
- Paolo Bacchilega fixed the creation of hard links in file-roller . (GNOME bug 686061)
- In glib, Dan Winship landed GTask, this is a replacement for GSimpleAsyncResult and GIOScheduler, that also allows for making cancellable wrappers around non-cancellable functions . (GNOME bug 661767)
- Morten Welinder fixed the performance of gnumeric when writing a xslx file.
- Aurimas Černius added an application menu to gnote.
- Daniel Stone ported clutter to the new Wayland and xkbcommon APIs.
- Jasper St. Pierre included a new code style/hacking guide into gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 661241)
- Xan Lopez removed support for extensions in Epiphany, see bug report for rationale . (GNOME bug 685630)
- David Zeuthen started reworking the “Create RAID Array” dialog of gnome-disk-utility.
September 9, 2012
This week… 2896 commits, in 281 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 1186 were translation commits).
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb to allow scaling images before uploading to FlickR or PicasaWeb.
- Marek Kašík landed the redesign of the “new printer” dialog of gnome-control-center.
- Jean Bréfort fixed the import of multiple paths shape elements in gnumeric ODF plugin.
- In clutter Emmanuele Bassi added interpolation for matrices, making it possible for :transform and :child-transform to be animated.
- In pygobject Simon Feltman added a Signal class for adding and connecting custom signals . (GNOME bug 434924)
- Phillip Wood contributed support for composer tags to sound-juicer, particularly useful for classical music . (GNOME bug 661646)
- Sébastien Wilmet switched latexila from CMake to autotools.
- Alexander Larsson updated gnome-contacts to use libcheese rather than direct calls to gstreamer to take avatar photo.
- Giovanni Campagna fixed idle blank and sleep timeouts in the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin . (GNOME bug 668703)
- Thiago Santos updated Cheese to the GStreamer 1.0 API.
- William Jon McCann landed a new design for the “Connect to Server” dialog of Nautilus . (GNOME bug 682637)
- Jean-François Fortin Tam implemented a Media Library toolbar into Pitivi.
- Carlos Garnacho added GtkTextHandle to GTK+, a helper object to allow text widgets to implement text selection on touch devices.
August 26, 2012
This week… 2517 commits, in 248 projects, by 246 happy hackers (and 522 were translation commits).
- Tim-Philipp Müller ported brasero to GStreamer 1.0.
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added an overlay for the creation of events in gnome-calendar.
- Kalev Lember ported ghex to GtkApplication.
- Paolo Bacchilega fixed file-roller to restore file attributes after extraction . (GNOME bug 682513)
- Xavier Claessens changed Empathy to not show offline contacts by default.
- In pango Behdad Esfahbod fixed bidi implementation with regards to Unicode 5.2.0 . (GNOME bug 590183)
- Clément Coudoin contributed a new Asia map level to gcompris geography activity.
- In libsoup Gustavo Noronha Silva added SoupMultipartInputStream, for handling multipart responses . (GNOME bug 656684)
- Steffen Macke improved shape export in dia, allowing to draw connection points with special shapes.
- In GTK+ Lars Uebernickel added support for action namespaces to GtkModelMenu.
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon to apply XKB options . (GNOME bug 679075)
- Lionel Landwerlin added a zoom action to clutter . (GNOME bug 678427)
- Paolo Bacchilega added a new custom high quality scale function to gthumb.
- In gnome-clocks Seif Lotfy added support for storing edited alarms.
- The restyling of gnome-shell message tray has landed, Ana Risteska wrote about that in GNOME Summer Lovin’.
- Cosimo Cecchi changed gnome-font-viewer to load font names asynchronously.
July 22, 2012
This week… 1965 commits, in 176 projects, by 239 happy hackers (and 372 were translation commits).
- Aleksander Morgado ported devhelp to GtkApplication, and got it an application menu . (GNOME bug 677927)
- In libgdata Philip Withnall added support for downloading thumbnails of Google Documents documents . (GNOME bug 656970)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added a week view to gnome-calendar.
- Dan Winship made glib-networking handle simultaneous operations, doing the handshake in a thread . (GNOME bug 656343, GNOME bug 660252)
- Jesse van den Kieboom merged the vala rewrite of gitg, it includes a nice diff view based on webkit.
- Jasper St. Pierre ported sushi to GtkApplication and gdbus . (GNOME bug 680221)
- In gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi added ‘find as you type’ while Anna Zacchi added a menu to the Preview toolbar.
- Marek Kasik added an “Options” dialog to the gnome-control-center printer panel, it allows users to set more options based on the printer PPD file.
- Emmanuele Bassi added step() and cubic-bezier() progress functions to clutter timeline object.
- In gnome-shell Giovanni Campagna landed the new screen shield, to replace gnome-screensaver when using the shell . (GNOME bug 619955)
- Also in gnome-shell Allan Day improved the calendar layout and legibitily.
- The advanced layer management functions that are being worked on by Paul Lange have been merged in pitivi . (GNOME bug 632319)
June 24, 2012
This week… 1377 commits, in 160 projects, by 197 happy hackers (and 247 were translation commits).
- Christian Hergert changed gnome-desktop to draw monitor labels with rounded corners . (GNOME bug 591025)
- In gcr Stef Walter reworked how DER pasing works.
- Alexander Larsson added fast approximations of x2.4 and x(1/2.4) to speed up gamma conversion in babl . (GNOME bug 678318)
- Lionel Landwerlin added touch events support in Clutter . (GNOME bug 678278)
- In dia Hans Breuer fixed some SVG import error.
- Seif Lotfy changed Empathy to show popular contacts in the “Top Contacts” group . (GNOME bug 678083)
- Giovanni Campagna updated gnome-shell to sort wifi networks by strength . (GNOME bug 658946)
- Carlos Garcia Campos landed the WebKit2 port of Epiphany.
- Aurimas Černius added a WebDav sync addin to gnote.
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen added a settings dialog for power management and acoustic levels.
- In gnome-control-center Thomas Bechtold contributed the possibility to find connections for a specific MAC address . (GNOME bug 677899)
- Giovanni Campagna ported the clock from gnome-panel to modern GNOME technologies (gsettings, new libgweather, GDateTime ). (GNOME bug 677512)
- Paolo Bacchilega changed file-roller to be able to run as a D-Bus service as well (org.gnome.ArchiveManager1).
June 3, 2012
This week… 1236 commits, in 206 projects, by 193 happy hackers (and 270 were translation commits).
- Andy Spencer added a compass rose to the grits virtual globe library.
- Bastian Winkler contributed support for optional transformation functions to pygobject . (GNOME bug 676169)
- Rui Matos changed gnome-settings-daemon to apply XKB layouts by itself, and stop relying on libgnomekbd . (GNOME bug 676102)
- Giovanni Campagna modified gnome-shell to show notifications for failed VPN connections . (GNOME bug 676330)
- In glib Christian Persch added D-Bus register and unregister hooks to GApplication . (GNOME bug 675509)
- Jonathan Matthew fixed the –set-rating command of rhythmbox-client . (GNOME bug 677318)
- Paolo Bacchilega added an application menu to file-roller.
- Bastien Nocera added a new menu button widget to GTK+, as used in Totem and gnome-contacts . (GNOME bug 668013)
- Emmanuele Bassi added a new “stopped” signal to Clutter timeline object . (GNOME bug 676854)
April 29, 2012
This week… 1687 commits, in 161 projects, by 204 happy hackers (and 250 were translation commits).
- Juan Pablo Ugarte redid the Glade UI, in Glade, and using GtkBuilder, GResources, and GtkAction.
- Florian Müllner ported gcalctool to GtkApplication, and replaced the existing menu bar with an app menu . (GNOME bug 674529)
- Michael Wood added an “in-seek” property to clutter-gst, this can be used when we need to keep external controllers in sync with the current progress without having to poll for the progress.
- In Gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved again support for ODF spreadsheets, this time by importing the page headers.
- Jasper St. Pierre improved the notification part of gnome-shell to match applications on WM_CLASS . (GNOME bug 673761)
- In Clutter Emmanuele Bassi added basic geometric types (point, size, rect) so they can used in properties and accessors.
- Raul Gutierrez Segales contributed a port of folks to gsettings . (GNOME bug 647909)
- Cosimo Cecchi added an application menu to Nautilus . (GNOME bug 674532)
- In gvfs David Zeuthen added support for getting/storing LUKS encryption passphrase from the keyring . (GNOME bug 674161)
- Dan Winship reorganised the proxy resolution code of libsoup, and added support for SOCKS and other proxy types . (GNOME bug 553269)
- In GTK+ Matthias Clasen added a ‘fine adjustment’ mode to ranges, Shift-click in the slider now starts a drag in ‘fine adjustment’ mode, where the slider is moved 10-times slower than the mouse.
March 25, 2012
This week… 2834 commits, in 290 projects, by 299 happy hackers (and 1050 were translation commits).
- As 3.4 draw nears much work has been going in the release notes, both from writers and translators.
- Philip Withnall modified Hitori to use two passes to draw the cells, this ensures that the borders of the painted cells are always drawn on top of the borders of the unpainted cells.
- In meld Nguyễn Hồng Quân fixed the overly-tall commit dialogs by making the list of files scrollable.
- Paolo Bacchilega added a scale on the map view of gthumb.
- In gnome-session Jasper St. Pierre removed the toggle switches for extensions from the fail whale screen . (GNOME bug 671693)
- Victor Oliveira added OpenCL headers, and much code, to gegl.
- Curtis Gedak fixed gparted to ensure the necessary space for EBR when resizing Extended partition . (GNOME bug 664050)
- Felix Riemann reverted the “Do not show the titlebar when eog is maximized” change that was made to eog, as it caused accidental triggers of gnome-shell’s activities menu . (GNOME bug 671643)
- In network-manager-applet Dan Williams added code to track GNOME Shell version, not just whether it’s running.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro modified gtranslator to use an inline toolbar for the profiles settings in the preferences dialog.
- Debarshi Ray fixed gnome-online-accounts to remove the credentials from the keyring when an account is removed . (GNOME bug 654168)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved import/export of ODF documents. (part of GNOME bug 671461)
- Emmanuele Bassi added support for touch events to Clutter, for the time being, it just relays everything it gets, from the X server to the Clutter application.
January 1, 2012
This week… 803 commits, in 123 projects, by 135 happy hackers (and 178 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added a special diagnostic mode to Clutter, to be used to mark deprecated virtual functions and other run-time constructs.
- John Ralls pushed the conversion of gtk-mac-integration to the gobject-introspectable structure.
- In libchamplain Jiří Techet added a Python champlain-gtk demo with markers, thanks to Nicolas Évrard.
- Vivien Malerba improved the timestamp entry widget of libgda.
- Zeeshan Ali added a sound card device to VMs of gnome-boxes.
- In Orca Joanmarie Diggs had various event manager improvements.
- Murray Cumming improved the “Related Choices” Glom field to allow the user to specify a sort order.
- Sergey V. Udaltsov fixed rendering of the layout list in the “add layout” popup of gnome-control-center region panel.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell ported iagno from C to Vala.
- Dov Grobgeld introduced initial remote control of giv through jsonrpc.
- In goffice Andreas J. Guelzow fixed chinese number rendering.
- Morten Welinder updated gnumeric to handle unicode signs better.
- In glib Ravi Sankar Guntur fixed the handling of ‘\v’ (vertical tab) in g_strescape() and g_strcompress (). (GNOME bug 664830)