August 12, 2012
This week… 2287 commits, in 213 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 508 were translation commits).
- Tim-Philipp Müller ported sushi to GStreamer 1.0 . (GNOME bug 680425)
- Ryan Lortie enabled i18n support for dconf-editor . (GNOME bug 642217)
- Marc-André Lureau added a search bar to gnome-boxes, it will search as you type and filter the boxes . (GNOME bug 681089)
- Giovanni Campagna updated the gnome-shell screen shield to tween from the top when explicitly locking . (GNOME bug 681143)
- Fabiana Simões reviewed and updated eog user documentation, also added pages for the picasa and fullscreen background plugins.
- William Jon McCann updated nautilus to select the first item in search results by default.
- Marek Kašík ported gnome-search-tool to GSettings . (GNOME bug 632429)
- More work on AFP support in gvfs has been pushed by Carl-Anton Ingmarsson, it now has a worker thread in GVfsAfpConnection and log out from the server on umount.
- Lennart Poettering changed gdm to always run on VT1 (while adding a –with-initial-vt=… configure switch for other values ). (GNOME bug 511168)
- Aurimas Černius migrated gnote to depend on libsecret instead of libgnome-keyring.
- Paolo Bacchilega merged a new ‘Add Files’ dialog to file-roller, that allows the user to select both files and folders.
- Ville Sokk did some small optimisation the the file backends of gegl.
- Carlos Garcia Campos updated epiphany to show information about the SSL errors when clicking on lock icon . (GNOME bug 681506)
- In gnome-control-center Matthias Clasen updated the hotspot dialog from the network panel to match the mockups more closely.
- Christian Persch ported evince to GApplication and GtkApplication, and used the later to inhibit the screensaver.
March 11, 2012
This week… 2499 commits, in 192 projects, by 263 happy hackers (and 793 were translation commits).
- Jean Bréfort added gobject introspection support to goffice . (GNOME bug 670161)
- Morten Welinder improved the Excel export support in gnumeric in various ways.
- Giovanni Campagna ported libgweather to GSettings . (GNOME bug 646854)
- In empathy Guillaume Desmottes added some sanity cleaning process to fix XMPP accounts priority . (GNOME bug 671452)
- Peter Hurley contributed to gnome-panel to get the panel separators sized by CSS styling . (GNOME bug 671329)
- Bertrand Lorentz updated banshee to handle UPnP device removal.
- The port of swell-foop to Vala that Sophia Yu worked on landed in gnome-games.
- Alejandro Piñeiro got various fixes to accessibility support commited into gnome-shell.
- Bastien Nocera updated gnome-settings-daemon wacom plugin so that the LED changes depending on the mode of operation . (GNOME bug 670905)
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew made magnatune download accounts work again.
- Ryan Lortie updated dconf engine to allow multiple user databases . (GNOME bug 662438)
- The history rewrite branch of Epiphany landed, thanks to Xan Lopez, Martin Robinson, and Claudio Saavedra.
July 24, 2011
This week… 1607 commits, in 160 projects, by 208 happy hackers (and 269 were translation commits).
- Damien Lespiau added a “camera” background type to pinpoint, “It’s awesome, it lets you put pull your webcam into your presentation.”
- Gtkhtml was fixed by Matthew Barnes to get font settings from gsettings, not gconf. (GONME bug 655002)
- Richard Schwarting added much documentation to the gxml library.
- Ryan Lortie added new keyfile-based “dump” and “load” commands to the dconf cli tool.
- Felix Riemann modified the map eog plugin to parse coordinate tags directly from the EXIF data . (GNOME bug 654650)
- Some more Chinese poetry has been added to Pango test suite.
- Cosimo Cecchi implemented a first iteration of an inline preview into gnome-documents.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated gitg to show “gravatar” when changing the revision.
- Nohemi Fernandez added a fullscale keyboard to Caribou, extending the US touch layout by including keys from the hardware keyboard (ie. Ctrl/Alt, etc).
- Workarounds for Microsoft Excel ODF bugs were made in Gnumeric by Andreas J. Guelzow.
- Robert Bragg added ColorMask support to Cogl, a color mask being a bit mask defining which color channels should be written to the current framebuffer.
- Support for new org.gtk.GDBus.C.UnixFD annotation has been added into gdbus-codegen by David Zeuthen.
- Paolo Bacchilega improved gthumb interaction with file-roller, now allowing to drop files from file-roller and get them extracted into the gthumb file list.
- Jonathan Matthew replaced the metadata and encoder backends in Rhythmbox by GstDiscover, a decodebin2-based pipeline, and encodebin, fixing too many bugs to list in the process.
- Arx Cruz added HTML support (via webkitgtk) into the –text-info option of zenity . (GNOME bug 598655)
May 8, 2011
This week… 2114 commits, in 197 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 355 were translation commits).
- Dodji Seketeli added initial support for “jump to” in Nemiver . (GNOME bug 560235)
- Ryan Lortie added support for lockdown to dconf.
- Colin Walters updated gjs to support compilcation with the standalone mozjs185 release . (GNOME bug 646369)
- Rupert Swarbrick rewrote the way info files are read in yelp, fixing bugs and making the logic much simpler in the process.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro ported gdl to use GtkStyleContext . (GNOME bug 649258)
- Richard Hugues added a new notify_notification_set_app_name() function to libnotify, to set the application name for a single notification, this makes it possible for a daemon like gnome-settings-daemon to produce persistent messages with the correct application name . (GNOME bug 648947)
- Eitan Isaacson merged the “geometry” branch of Caribou, bringing some major changes such as coupling keyboard layout with xkb state, simplifying layout format, a new introspectable libcaribou library, and a D-Bus UI, to have the main caribou app activate the keyboard via D-Bus.
- Elad Alfassa added support for globally installed gnome shell themes in the “user-theme” extension.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a progressbar-pattern style property to the Adwaita engin.
- In clutter Robert Bragg removed the last dependency on the GdkPixbuf API.
- Xavier Claessens added a chat theme preview to Empathy preferences window . (GNOME bug 541438)
- Bastien Nocera changed the media keys gnome-settings-daemon plugin to use a symbolic icon for Eject.
- Stefano Pettini added proper support for alpha channel in the rotate tool of gthumb.
- Torsten Schönfeld wrapped more parts of the Cairo API to Perl.
- Andreas J. Guelzow made Gnumeric handle MS Works formula . (GNOME bug 649406)
- Mattias Clasen added a new “lock button” widget to GTK + (GNOME bug 626457) as well as a new style for assistants.
March 13, 2011
This week… 2634 commits, in 197 projects, by 272 happy hackers (and 670 were translation commits).
- Andrew McGrath added support for plain text exportation in ocrfeeder.
- Robert Ancell updated dconf-editor to show the key range in key descriptions.
- Based on a patch from Mark Starovoytov Dan Winship fixed libsoup to catch overflows when parsing very distant expiration dates in cookies . (GNOME bug 643462)
- John Stowers added a user-theme extension to the gnome-shell-extensions repository . (GNOME bug 644271)
- Ray Strode made it so that gdm runs the gnome-session acceleration helper script, to preload the GL stack and figure out ahead of time whether or not gnome shell can run on the system.
- Marek Kasik updated the printers plugin of gnome-settings-daemon to show notifications for selected printer state changes (things liek “tuner low”).
- Jakub Steiner worked on the Cantarell font, fixing all ~ accented glyphs . (GNOME bug 642396)
- Steve Frécinaux enabled Python support for eog plugins . (GNOME bug 639597)
- Martin Robinson made the serif font the default web font of Epiphany, to match the behaviour of other browsers . (GNOME bug 644523)
- GObject Introspection support as been added to libcheese by Luciana Fujii Pontello.
- Dan Winship changed gnome-shell to use the new libmutter-wm library, to build a real gnome-shell binary (GNOME bug 641724)
- Bastien Nocera added some code to reorder date widgets in the date/time panel, to be based on the locale’s date format, rather than only supporting the US-centric version . (GNOME bug 636896)
- And William Jon McCann ripped GNOME Screensaver of its theme and job support.
January 16, 2011
This week… 2282 commits, in 191 projects, by 251 happy hackers (and 480 were translation commits).
- Giovanni Campagni created a gnome-shell-extensions repository, to host extensions modifying and extending GNOME Shell functionality and behavior, at the moment there are two extensions: alternate-tab (a replacement for Alt-Tab, allows to cycle between windows and does not group by application), and xandr-indicator (a systems status menu for rotating monitors)
- Andreas J. Guelzow fixed locale specific sotring in Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 638874)
- Philip Withnall had to limit Totem to displaying videos in the formats authorized by YouTube’s terms of service, Bastien Nocera had a blog post about this, YouTube playback will suck again.
- Paolo Bacchilega modified file-roller to use the new GTK+ app chooser dialog for the “Open With” command.
- Robert Ancell added a “set to default” button to dconf-editor.
- The Vala rewrite of glchess has been merged in gnome-games.
- In gnome-utils Cosimo Cecchi ported both the screenshot tool and the log viewer to GSettings.
- A keyboard layout selector has been added to the Shell, the indicator is shown when more than one group is loaded in X and it is not disabled in GSettings . (GNOME bug 600771)
- Jon McCann added some real informations to the new system info panel of gnome-control-center.
- Lucas Rocha added the ability to move multiple things at once in the board.
- The gedit-collaboration plugin has been updated to use the new asynchronous SASL API for authentication, by Jesse van den Kieboom.
- Luciana Fujii changed Cheese to use camerabin as pipeline base, in the “camerabin” branch.
- In Yelp Rupert Swarbrick added code to make links from strings of the form “blah(2)” in man pages.
- Philip Withnall improved the Google backend for contacts in evolution-data-server, to support categorising contacts in groups . (GNOME bug 566441)
- Tiffany Antopolski continued adding and filling pages for the new GNOME documentation, with a serie of pages about window managements in the Shell.
June 20, 2010
This week… 2299 commits, in 199 projects, by 257 happy hackers (and 362 were translation commits).
- This week again a few modules were ported to gsettings, this is the case for GNOME Shell, Brasero, Empathy and the GNOME Bluetooth nautilus-sendto plugin.
- girparser, from gobject-introspection, got support for an introspectable=no attribute, to replace the hackish pre-filter for varargs with a much more generic mechanism . (GNOME bug 621570)
- Robert Ancell made dconf-editor understand and display configuration schemas.
- Jonh Wendell added the possibility to specifiy an alternative ssh port when doing tunnels in Vinagre . (GNOME bug 621809)
- Matthias Clasen ported accounts-dialog to be a control-center panel, this is done in the control-center-panel branch.
- Maxim Ermilov added animated display of startup notifications to GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 598349)
- Totem has been ported to the new libpeas for plugin handling . (GNOME bug 604830)
- Garrett Regier added support for gobject introspection to gedit (GNOME bug 621549)
- F-Spot has been switched to use bilinear scaling for thumbnails . (GNOME bug 621881)
- Stef Walter fixed a deadlock on secure memory usage in gnome-keyring.
- Around the Summer of Code projects, Stéphane Maniaci added a basic flickr fetcher to ease, to grab pictures from flickr, Luca Invernizzi added a new two-way synchronization engine to Getting Things GNOME, Alexander Saprykin implemented GIO async read/write support to his totem chapter plugin, and other students also did much work…
June 13, 2010
This week… 2432 commits, in 191 projects, by 260 happy hackers (and 292 were translation commits).
- Many modules started adopting GTK+ 3 (GNOME Desktop, GNOME Settings Daemon, GNOME Color Manager, GNOME Power Manager, GNOME Control Center, Goocanvas, Totem), sometimes keeping compatibility with GTK+ 2.x, (like VTE, gucharmap, GNOME Games, librsvg and GNOME Terminal).
- Shaun McCance added “Copy Code Block” and “Save Code Black As” to code snippets in Yelp, he wrote about the feature in Yelp and the DOM.
- The volume control “applet” has been changed to use symbolic icons (GNOME bug 614212), to complete this Jakub Steiner added such icons for microphone levels . (GNOME bug 621175)
- Johan Dahlin added a “promise” module to gjs, to provide a better API for supporting asynchronous code . (GNOME bug 608450)
- Grilo got a gravatar plugin, it is used to distribute an artist-avatar/author-avater attribute if either “artist” or “author” fields contain a valid email.
- Totem has been updated to use a dark theme and symbolic icons . (GNOME bug 617921)
- Ryan Lortie added dconf-editor to the dconf module.
- Jonathan Matthew implemented the MPRIS D-Bus specification in Rhythmbox (GNOME bug 618520), MPRIS defines a common D-Bus interface for media players.
- Harold Schreckengost contributed a new F-Spot topic based help.
- Felix Kaser added a new “EmpathyLiveSearch” widget in Empathy, used to dynamically filter the main window contact list.
- In GNOME Control Center Thomas Wood converted the display capplet to a settings panel.
- Andreas J. Guelzow added a search function to the function selector of Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 495776)
- In the GNOME Shell Florian Müllner added a fade effect when overing over items of the dash . (GNOME bug 620782)
- Abderrahim Kitouni added a plugin to support Vala to Anjuta . (GNOME bug 620757)
- William Jon McCann improved the performance of the GDM greeter (GNOME bug 621045)
- In Summer of Code land, Alexander Saprykin wrote a tiny parser for CMML files, so libcmml won’t be necessary for chapter support in Totem; Yuvi Panda made photo, video and burst modes of Cheese work in his Vala port; Michal Hruby wrote a Rhythmbox plugin using Zeitgeist; and more.
May 30, 2010
This week… 2346 commits, in 184 projects, by 266 happy hackers (and 405 were translation commits).
- Vincent Untz improved and merged Carlos Garcia Campos branch of gnome-panel that moves applets off Bonobo, to D-Bus . (GNOME bug 572131)
- Shaun McCance landed a bookmarks editor in Yelp.
- A Kupfer plugin that adds a quick access to tasks from Getting Things GNOME! has been contributed by Karol Będkowski.
- The “Default Applications” capplet has been converted to a settings panel.
- Support for devices with sector sizes of more than 512 bytes have been enabled in gparted (GNOME bug 607165)
- Adel Gadllah contributed to GNOME Shell, with a patch to make sure the app switcher would always be displayed on the primary monitor.
- XInput2 support has been merged in GTK+, enabling the use of multiple keyboards and pointer pairs . (GNOME bug 596725)
- Both GNOME Color Manager and Evince have been ported to use GDBus.
- Alexander Larsson added some initial support for dtrace and systemtap to GLib, the current set of probes is on allocation and free using g_malloc & friends, and g_slice, and gquark name tracking . (GNOME bug 606044)
- Edgar Luna added a new lyrics parser, using darklyrics.com, to Rhythmbox (GNOME bug 525094)
- Support for gobject introspection has been added to gtksourceview by Tomeu Vizoso, and to dconf by Ryan Lortie.
- Morten Welinder added a non-linear solver to Gnumeric (GNOME bug 614865)
- In their GSOC Yuvi Panda pushed the work he started to rewrite Cheese in Vala, Jamie Nicol updated the Last.fm plugin of rhythmbox to support the new authentication API, and Salomon Sickert has written the first part of a support library for his “TaskView” project.