October 11, 2009
This week… 1940 commits, in 179 projects, by 246 happy hackers (and 367 were translation commits).
- Nautilus gained a “copy anyway” option in the error dialog it displays when there is not enough space on the destination . (GNOME bug 324361)
- Richard Hugues probably added Super Cow Powers to gnome-packagekit, carefully hiding this fact in 50 commits with “Moo”, or a slight variation, as commit message.
- Ryan Lortie merged the various dconf* utilities in a single “dconf” tool, also he added API documentation.
- The gtk-2.90 branch was created and saw the removal of many deprecated widgets and functions.
- Devhelp got a new fullscreen mode, mostly thanks to code from gedit.
- In Evolution Matthew Barnes finally got pane size restoration to play nicely with maximised windows . (GNOME bug 593612)
- gok has been migrated to use GtkBuilder instead of libglade . (GNOME bug 582504)
- gvfs has been fixed to display the overwrite dialog when restoring already existing files from trash . (GNOME bug 596618)
- Rhythmbox has been ported to use gnome-session for inhibition support, inhibiting the session to go idle (thus preventing gnome-power-manager from suspending the computer due to inactivity ). (GNOME bug 596573)
- Marina Zhurakhinskaya extented GNOME Shell application search to match on menu categories . (GNOME bug 597153)
September 27, 2009
This week… 2610 commits, in 209 projects, by 286 happy hackers (and 539 were translation commits).
- The Perl bindings written by Emmanuel Rodriguez have been merged into libchamplain.
- A branch by Alexander Sack reworking NetworkManager menu has been uploaded (it is named “menu-rework”).
- Mark Kasik added support for the ‘auth-info’ attribute to the CUPS print backend of GTK + (GNOME bug 566522).
- Deprecated GTK+ symbols have been removed from gok (GNOME bug 572686).
- Ryan Lortie published a gsettings branch of Devhelp, demonstrating the conversion from GConf to GSettings.
- GNOME Shell has been updated to not treat 1024×600 as widescreen (GNOME bug 596375).
- The GNOME Volume Control has been changed to allow going up to 150% for output volume (GNOME bug 591285).
- Brasero has been fixed to not leak the CD drive device file descriptor, that kept the drive locked . (GNOME bug 596241)
- Evolution has been changed to use Message-ID instead of Message-Id, for increased compatibility with other applications (GNOME bug 596157).
- Ross Burton switched evolution-data-server calendar to D-Bus instead of Bonobo, in the “dbus-calendar” branch.
August 30, 2009
This week… 3183 commits, in 208 projects, by 294 happy hackers (and 1032 were translation commits).
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen landed the new ATA SMART user interface.
- Rhythmbox gained support for downloading cover art from discogs.com and MusicBrainz (GNOME bug 410684).
- The libchamplain map widget gained support for keyboard shortcuts, to navigate and zoom the map . (GNOME bug 582872)
- Ekiga switched to boost for both smart pointers and signals (GNOME bug 575005)
- The “kill-bonobo” branch of Evolution is now the “master” git branch, this marked 45 old bugs as fixed.
- gconf-editor has been ported to PolicyKit 1.0 . (GNOME bug 585596)
- A shutter sound will now be played when taking a screenshot (GNOME bug 592372).
- Gnome Shell improved the way it displays search results, it now has bigger fonts and brighter colour for the headings, and more padding.
- Daniel Elstner worked on the C++ bindings so they could get their API references published on library.gnome.org.
- Jean Bréfort moved gnumeric to use GooCanvas instead of FooCanvas.
- Finally devhelp has been ported to make use of libunique.
October 5, 2008
This week… 1537 commits, in 172 projects, by 188 happy hackers (and 321 were translation commits).
Gimp 2.6 and Banshee 1.3.2 were released (and activity continued at full pace afterward). Richard Hult cleaned up devhelp code, optimised it at places, and improved the advanced search enough as to get it enabled by default. Evolution continued its switch to LGPL, and memos and tasks in the kill-bonobo branch are now (mostly) working. Murray Cumming cleaned up obsolete documents off developer.gnome.org.