February 13, 2011
This week… 2038 commits, in 188 projects, by 238 happy hackers (and 359 were translation commits).
- Saleem Abdulrasool added support for magic-based identification of files in file-roller.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro changed gtksourceview to use a different draw for narrowed non breaking spaces . (GNOME bug 626126)
- Also in gtksourceview the M4 syntax highlighting was updated for all current Autoconf-and-friends macros, by Philip Chimento.
- Xan Lopez ported Epiphany floating statusbar to use the new overlay widget from gedit.
- Shaun McCance removed the bookmarks editor dialog from Yelp, instead it’s now possible to mark and unmark bookmarked pages with an icon in the location entry.
- In pygobject Martin Pitt made Gio.Settings behave like a dictionary, with transparent conversion from and to GVariants, this makes it more comfortable to use . (GNOME bug 640838)
- Chris Kühl continued on his port of GNOME System Monitor to GTK+ 3, switching libraries after a lot of cleanup work.
- Giovanni Campagna made GNOME Shell extensions translatable.
- Christian Persch made possible to postpone Dr Wright break immediately . (GNOME bug 621640)
- Michal Hruby added a zeitgeist dataprovider plugin to Totem.
- Paolo Bacchilega added the ability to search and filter files with a single tag in gthumb . (GNOME bug 633884)
- Several rhythmbox plugins were ported to use GObject Introspection by Jonathan Matthew.
- In the region control center panel Sergey V. Udaltsov made layout filtering much faster.
- Florian Müllner updated the shell app view to use larger icons, to match the mockups . (GNOME bug 639428)