December 18, 2011
This week… 1782 commits, in 171 projects, by 230 happy hackers (and 189 were translation commits).
- Philip Chimento converted Devhelp from IgeMacIntegration to GtkOSXApplication, a change necessary to build on 64-bit Macs . (GNOME bug 663789)
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew used some special cow powers to made password prompts work properly . (GNOME bug 666338)
- In gnome-themes-standard Lapo Calamandrei continued working on unfocused window appearance, styling radio, checks, sliders, progressbars and scrollbars.
- Juan A. Suarez Romero updated the shoutcast plugin in grilo-plugins to the SHOUTCast 2.0 API.
- Zeeshan Ali added some UI to gnome-boxes for specifying product key (Windows XP & 2003 ). (GNOME bug 666030)
- Alexander Larsson added support for unlinking contacts to gnome-contacts.
- Jakub Steiner updated gnome-color-manager colorimeter artwork.
- Alex Murray added automatic dimming / toggling to keyboard backlight to gnome-settings-daemon power plugin.
- Work on the Firebird provider, by Faghmie Davids, was pushed into libgda.
- In Evince Cyril Soldani added an option to show odd pages on the left in dual mode.
- Andreas J. Guelzow fixed LaTeX export of cyrillic in Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 666340)
- In Rygel Jens Georg added hacks for XBMC to recognize DLNA mime-types as AAC for AAC files.
- Robert Roth contributed to gnome-system-monitor a patch to summarize the processor cores to be able to display sysinfo for multi-core systems with more than 13 cores . (GNOME bug 664926)
- Christian Persch added a lock button the the drwright break window . (GNOME bug 128381)
February 27, 2011
This week… 2424 commits, in 223 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 516 were translation commits).
- Jiří Techet ported thje eog map plugin to use libchamplain 0.10 . (GNOME bug 642802)
- Matthew Barnes ported gnome-video-arcade from GConf to Gsettings.
- Chris Kühl added back basic mdns functionality in Vino.
- In libgnomekbd Sergey V. Udaltsov improved rendering of keysyms. No ISO_, underscores->spaces . (GNOME bug 642903)
- Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the import in Gnumeric of LibreOffice created xlsx files using shared formulas . (GNOME bug 642850)
- Marc-André Lureau added a spice plugin to Vinagre . (GNOME bug 642844)
- Sergio Villar Senin added DNS prefetching into Epiphany, this will proactively perform DNS lookups when the user sets the cursor over an autocompleted entry in the location bar . (GNOME bug 606087)
- Guillaume Desmottes updated Empathy to use the same tab close button as in gedit . (GNOME bug 642865)
- In DrWright Christopher Aillon added accounting for idle time when starting a typing break . (GNOME bug 642788)
- Alexander Larsson changed GNOME Shell to have a hot corner on each monitor . (GNOME bug 642881)
- Also in GNOME Shell David Zeuthen added a native PolicyKit authentication agent. He presented this work in GNOME 3 Authorization . (GNOME bug 642886)
- Stefano Teso changed the list view of Nautilus to create folders in subdirectories when possible . (GNOME bug 330644)
- Marek Kašík changed the print notifcation plugin of gnome-settings-daemon to use the new D-Bus API for communication with CUPS.
- And Cosimo Cecchi updated the housekeeping plugin to use the Nautilus D-Bus API to empty the trash . (GNOME bug 632154)
November 21, 2010
This week… 1927 commits, in 202 projects, by 209 happy hackers (and 400 were translation commits).
- Christian Persch moved back the typing-break code from gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-control-center to its own drwright module.
- Owen Taylor added a new frame type to mutter for modal dialogs . (GNOME bug 592382)
- Much work happened around the gtk-style-context branch of GTK+, with many modules tentatively ported, including a transformation of the ClearLooks into a GtkThemingEngine.
- Vinagre was adapted to the new G[tk]Application API by Jonh Wendell.
- Colin Walters added support for gunichar as a new fundamental type tag to gjs . (GNOME bug 633199)
- GNOME Power Manager has been cleaned of all its UPS specific UI, to just use the battery critical action for the UPS critical state.
- Andoni Morales Alastruey updated Longomatch to only show players that are actually plaging, and to sort them on their numbers, not names.
- A new Battery & Power indicator has been added to GNOME Shell by Giovanni Campagna . (GNOME bug 622451)
- The GNOME Control Center got a new ‘Power’ panel, with appropriate power management settings.
- Libsoup has been changed to make URI username/password override cached info; this allows a page to, eg, force a logout by sending an XMLHttpRequest using a bad password . (GNOME bug 631679)
- Peter Hutterer added a wacom gnome-settings-daemon plugin.
- Also Tomas Bzatek started porting Nautilus aurorun code as a new automount gnome-settings-daemon plugin.
- Cosimo Cecchi started implementing a “open with” dialog right in GTK+, it is currently in the open-with-dialog branch.
- Last but not least Arx Cruz added a new quite featured –form option to Zenity, making it possible to build more complex dialogs from a simple command line . (GNOME bug 412493)