November 4, 2012
This week… 1548 commits, in 157 projects, by 197 happy hackers (and 275 were translation commits).
- Jakub Steiner made sure the digits of cantarell Bold were monospaced . (GNOME bug 643871)
- In pinpoint Christoph Fischer repositioned speaker notes box to better use the available height.
- Cosimo Cecchi added simple extractor for DVI and XPS files to tracker . (GNOME bug 687162 and GNOME bug 687160)
- César García Tapia added the beginning of a search bar into gnome-music.
- In grilo-plugins Juan A. Suarez Romero changed the flickr plugin to deal with photos only, not videos.
- Emmanuel Pacaud added a zoom option to the lasem renderer.
- Richard Hughes changed gnome-settings-daemon power plugin to avoid suspending, dimming or blanking the screen when running as a virtual machine . (GNOME bug 684801)
- Alexander Larsson updated gnome-boxes to use the notification widget from libgd . (GNOME bug 679106)
- In empathy Giovanni Campagna implemented Google OAUTH2 authentication for GOA accounts . (GNOME bug 652546)
- Jens Georg added an API for Rygel plugins to tell their capabilities . (GNOME bug 676024)
- Jesse van den Kieboom merged the webkit2 branch of gitg.
- Jean Bréfort added new color maps for color and pseudo-3d axes in goffice.
- Aurimas Černius added a special notebook for pinned notes in gnote.
- Darcy Bras da Silva contributed repeat, no-repeat, shuffle, no-shuffle commands to rhythmbox-client.
August 26, 2012
This week… 2517 commits, in 248 projects, by 246 happy hackers (and 522 were translation commits).
- Tim-Philipp Müller ported brasero to GStreamer 1.0.
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added an overlay for the creation of events in gnome-calendar.
- Kalev Lember ported ghex to GtkApplication.
- Paolo Bacchilega fixed file-roller to restore file attributes after extraction . (GNOME bug 682513)
- Xavier Claessens changed Empathy to not show offline contacts by default.
- In pango Behdad Esfahbod fixed bidi implementation with regards to Unicode 5.2.0 . (GNOME bug 590183)
- Clément Coudoin contributed a new Asia map level to gcompris geography activity.
- In libsoup Gustavo Noronha Silva added SoupMultipartInputStream, for handling multipart responses . (GNOME bug 656684)
- Steffen Macke improved shape export in dia, allowing to draw connection points with special shapes.
- In GTK+ Lars Uebernickel added support for action namespaces to GtkModelMenu.
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon to apply XKB options . (GNOME bug 679075)
- Lionel Landwerlin added a zoom action to clutter . (GNOME bug 678427)
- Paolo Bacchilega added a new custom high quality scale function to gthumb.
- In gnome-clocks Seif Lotfy added support for storing edited alarms.
- The restyling of gnome-shell message tray has landed, Ana Risteska wrote about that in GNOME Summer Lovin’.
- Cosimo Cecchi changed gnome-font-viewer to load font names asynchronously.
July 29, 2012
This week… 1100 commits, in 198 projects, by 176 happy hackers (and 232 were translation commits).
- In Clocks Eslam Mostafa added support for reading and writing alarms to a ICS file.
- Marta Maria Casetti added comboboxes and toolbars pages and samples to gnome-devel-docs python tutorials.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a filter entry to the language page of gnome-initial-setup.
- Maxime Nicco implemented conversion between RVBA and HSVBA float to babl.
- In libsoup Dan Winship fixed the handling of timed-out SoupRequests in SoupSessionAsync.
- Sebastian Dröge ported sound-juicer to GStreamer 1.0 and changed the CD playback feature to use the playbin element.
- In evolution Dan Vrátil added a ‘Format as’ submenu to the preview pane context menu, that can be used to highlight source code . (GNOME bug 680026)
- Matas Brazdeikis added UI testing to Pitivi, using Dogtail.
- Xavier Claessens added optional support for Ubuntu Online Accounts to Empathy.
- Felix Riemann added an application menu to eog (GNOME bug 674938).
- Matthias Clasen added an example for handling app menu fallback to the set of GTK+ examples.
- In gnome-control-center Richard Hughes merged his rework of the WiFi part of the network panel.
- Paolo Borelli added ‘recent files’ support to baobab, making scanned directories are now listed on the “home page”.
July 15, 2012
This week… 1778 commits, in 207 projects, by 207 happy hackers (and 225 were translation commits).
- Edward Hervey ported clutter-gst to GStreamer 1.0, and Florian Müllner did the same for gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 679445)
- Juan Pablo Ugarte fixed important memory leaks in glade . (GNOME bug 679487)
- In epiphany Carlos Garcia Campos continued his port to WebKit2, this time with support for persistent cookies . (GNOME bug 679369)
- David Henningsson and Conor Curran added the necessary backend work to get the gnome-control-center sound panel use the new port introspection capability of PulseAudio 2.0 . (GNOME bug 674831)
- Martin Pieuchot contributed support for allocating PTYs through openpty on BSD to gvfs sftp backend . (GNOME bug 679790)
- David Zeuthen updated gnome-disk-utility to rescan device when it’s done restoring a disk image onto it, so no physical replug is necessary.
- In Nautilus William Jon McCann added a “recent files” place . (GNOME bug 325824)
- In gtk-vnc Daniel P. Berrange added support for connecting to GSocketAddress instances.
- Robert Bragg added support for resizable windows to cogl.
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon keyboard plugin to set IBus engines from input sources . (GNOME bug 676102)
- Paolo Bacchilega changed file-roller to be able to extract rar archives with ‘The Unarchiver’ (unar ). (GNOME bug 646606)
- Guillaume Desmottes added a dialpad button widget to Empathy, to improve the dialpad functionalities . (GNOME bug 679396)
- Milan Crha fixed evolution-data-server to make it possible to cancel search in search folders . (GNOME bug 578240)
- Jean Bréfort added support for gobject introspection to gnumeric . (GNOME bug 670271)
- In libsecret Stefan Walter added some documentation for how to migrate from libgnome-keyring.
- Rob Bradford landed several wayland changes in GTK+, including a port to the new input protocol mechanism.
July 8, 2012
This week… 1234 commits, in 151 projects, by 174 happy hackers (and 190 were translation commits).
- Oleksij Rempel created a branch porting gnome-media to the GStreamer 1.0 APIs . (GNOME bug 679381)
- In latexila Sébastien Wilmet made a new UI for the Build Tools Preferences.
- In pyatspi2 Mike Gorse wrapped all interfaces of at-spi . (GNOME bug 679044)
- Seif Lotfy changed the layout of single clock views in gnome-clocks . (GNOME bug 678862)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos started coding the event view part of gnome-calendar.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a switch to globally enable the dark theme preference to gnome-tweak-tool . (GNOME bug 677803)
- Philip Withnall added anti-linking support to folks, to prevent some contacts to be automatically linked . (GNOME bug 629537)
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen added support for ATA secure erase and non-cancelable jobs.
- Danielle Madeley removed ported the old Empathy themes to be proper Adium themes, this allowed the removal of a good chunk of code.
- Morten Welinder updated the non-linear solver in Gnumeric so it knows about constraints . (GNOME bug 620368)
- In gnome-devel-docs Marta Maria Casetti wrote new Python tutorials for treeview widgets.
- William Jon McCann migrated the Nautilus menu bar to a view menu button . (GNOME bug 676531)
- In rygel Jens Georg added a simple standalone player as an example; it’s a stand-alone UPnP renderer that renders any visual content in ASCII-art.
- Ana Risteska updated gnome-shell telepathy integration to not add log messages on presence changes . (GNOME bug 669508)
July 1, 2012
This week… 1816 commits, in 178 projects, by 214 happy hackers (and 243 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added a JsonValue type to json-glib, lighter than GValue.
- Brian Cameron updated gdm to reload config on SIGHUP.
- Emmanuel Pacaud added rotate and flip buttons to aravis viewer.
- Bertrand Lorentz switched Banshee to use Last.fm 2.0 API for scrobbling.
- Cosimo Cecchi added support for Google Drawings to libgdata . (GNOME bug 633548)
- In atk Alejandro Piñeiro added a default implementation of implementation for atk_util_[add/remove]_global_event_listener, a first step towards a multi-toolkit environment.
- In gnome-clocks Eslam Mostafa contributed the required bits for deleting clocks.
- Matthias Clasen added manual pages for all gvfs utilities.
- In gnome-contacts Florian Müllner added a search provider for GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 679002)
- Milan Crha fixed kerberos authentication in evolution-mapi.
- Guillaume Desmottes updated empathy new roster view to allow to send files using DnD . (GNOME bug 678524)
- Carlos Garcia Campos continued porting many parts of Epiphany to WebKit2, Claudio Saavedra helped too.
- Dan Winship added an explicit iterator for GMainContext sources to GLib, named GSourceIter . (GNOME bug 619329)
- Bastien Nocera removed the screenshot UI of Totem, making it flash the video instead, like GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 674640)
- Debarshi Ray updated gnome-online-accounts to enable Microsoft Exchange support by default.
June 24, 2012
This week… 1377 commits, in 160 projects, by 197 happy hackers (and 247 were translation commits).
- Christian Hergert changed gnome-desktop to draw monitor labels with rounded corners . (GNOME bug 591025)
- In gcr Stef Walter reworked how DER pasing works.
- Alexander Larsson added fast approximations of x2.4 and x(1/2.4) to speed up gamma conversion in babl . (GNOME bug 678318)
- Lionel Landwerlin added touch events support in Clutter . (GNOME bug 678278)
- In dia Hans Breuer fixed some SVG import error.
- Seif Lotfy changed Empathy to show popular contacts in the “Top Contacts” group . (GNOME bug 678083)
- Giovanni Campagna updated gnome-shell to sort wifi networks by strength . (GNOME bug 658946)
- Carlos Garcia Campos landed the WebKit2 port of Epiphany.
- Aurimas Černius added a WebDav sync addin to gnote.
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen added a settings dialog for power management and acoustic levels.
- In gnome-control-center Thomas Bechtold contributed the possibility to find connections for a specific MAC address . (GNOME bug 677899)
- Giovanni Campagna ported the clock from gnome-panel to modern GNOME technologies (gsettings, new libgweather, GDateTime ). (GNOME bug 677512)
- Paolo Bacchilega changed file-roller to be able to run as a D-Bus service as well (org.gnome.ArchiveManager1).
June 17, 2012
This week… 1400 commits, in 146 projects, by 190 happy hackers (and 191 were translation commits).
- Jon Dowland updated sound-juicer to use musicbrainz 5 . (GNOME bug 676749)
- Jeffrey Stedfast fixed decoding of some RFC 2184 parameters in gmime.
- David Zeuthen updated gnome-disk-utility to show sample size and number of samples for benchmarks.
- Sergio Villar Senin fixed libsoup to not accept cookies for well known public domains . (GNOME bug 673802)
- Jeremy Whiting made libzeitgeist a hard dependency of folks . (GNOME bug 677428)
- Guillaume Desmottes landed a new roster view into Empathy.
- Christophe Fergeau added the possibility to disable SSL checks in librest . (GNOME bug 663786)
- In gnome control center Stef Walter implemented enterprise logins in add dialog . (GNOME bug 677548)
- Bastien Nocera changed gnome shell to always enable accessibility . (GNOME bug 678095)
- Eslam Mostafa updated gnome-clocks to respect the 12/24h global settings.
- In Meld Kai Willadsen added support for opening new tabs from D-Bus . (GNOME bug 616466)
- Cosimo Cecchi updated Nautilus to allow dropping of files to bookmarks . (GNOME bug 645353)
May 20, 2012
This week… 1593 commits, in 201 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 319 were translation commits).
- In Pitivi Jean-François Fortin Tam merged the ges (GStreamer Editing Services) branch.
- Xan Lopez added support for Do Not Track into Epiphany.
- William Jon McCann redesigned gnome-control-center universal access panel for consistency and smallness . (GNOME bug 665588)
- Florian Müllner added a simple application menu to gucharmap . (GNOME bug 674952)
- Fabrice Bellet contributed a fix to Vino to use XFixes to provide the correct cursor image . (GNOME bug 492033)
- Sébastien Wilmet changed gtksourceview to use a GResource for the XML description of its completion UI . (GNOME bug 674643)
- Joseph Scheuhammer contributed brightness and contrast functionality to gnome-shell magnifier . (GNOME bug 639851)
- Debarshi Ray updated gnome-online-accounts to set the Accept-Language header, so the Facebook login page appears in the correct language.
- Danielle Madeley revamped empathy roster window menu, converting it into an application menu.
- Chenthill Palanisamy added the possibility to send mails through groupwise SOAP protocol to evolution-groupwise.
- David Zeuthen did various improvements to the gnome-disk-utility SMART dialog.
- In Evolution Milan Crha added year scrolling to the date picker . (GNOME bug 206484)
- Craig Keogh added support for a systemmodule tag to JHBuild . (GNOME bug 669554)
- Alexandre Prokoudine replaced various GIMP filters by GEGL operations.
May 13, 2012
This week… 1323 commits, in 145 projects, by 199 happy hackers (and 221 were translation commits).
- Florian Müllner added a minimal application menu to gnome-dictionary.
- Jakub Steiner incorporated redesigned glyphs by Valek Filippov into cantarell-fonts.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed read and write of rich-text graph titles to/from ODF (GNOME bug 675821)
- Steven Garcia added support for PHP in Dia code generation tool.
- Cosimo Cecchi added an application menu for the interactive window of gnome-screenshot . (GNOME bug 674947)
- The gnome-control-center gained an animated notebook, thanks to Bastien Nocera and gtk-clutter.
- In Empathy Xavier Claessens added a pointer to a fallback server for Windows Live Messenger accounts.
- Milan Crha made the subject field in Evolution composer window support spellchecking . (GNOME bug 200683)
- Tiffany Antopolski contributed comments to many of the vala examples in gnome-devel-docs.
- In gnome-boxes Zeeshan Ali improved the naming of new virtual machines . (GNOME bug 674328)
- In GTK+ Benjamin Otte reduced the complexity of the icon view sizing code, and redid its layouting.
- Richard Hughes changed gnome-packagekit to use a prettier, smaller, info panel.
- In gdm Ray Strode enabled smooth transition between plymouth and X . (GNOME bug 572173)