January 30, 2011
This week… 2386 commits, in 214 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 474 were translation commits).
- The translation support for the future gnome.org, by Lincoln de Sousa and Vinicius Depizzol, have been merged.
- Chris Kühl started working on a GTK+ 3 port for gnome-system-monitor.
- Guido Günther added a control center panel into krb5-auth-dialog.
- Support for temperature conversion has been added to gcalctool by Robert Ancell.
- Jonny Lamb started backporting fixes and features of Empathy in a new 2.34 branch.
- Peter Bloomfield worked on migrating Balsa from GConf to GSettings.
- Detection of a stalemate position has been added to glchess.
- Bastien Nocera added handling of new multimedia keys (FastForward, Rewind, Repeat, and Shuffle) to Totem . (GNOME bug 634184)
- Carlos Garcia Campos added support for external links into Evince . (GNOME bug 628711)
- James Liggett implemented the Aply Mailbox Files pane in the git plugin of Anjuta.
- Jens Georg made item creation asynchronous in the mediathek plugin of Rygel . (GNOME bug 638269)
- Marek Kasik added a new plugin for print notifications in gnome-settings-daemon.
- Ray Strode changed gnome-session to use the shell for presenting the logout and shutdown dialogs . (GNOME bug 637188)
- Owen Taylor started pushing his work on the new “Thumbnails” workspace management of GNOME Shell.
January 23, 2011
This week… 2604 commits, in 181 projects, by 266 happy hackers (and 446 were translation commits).
- The screensaver dialog screen has been made a bit more like the mockups by Jon McCann.
- Also the work he did to make gdm more like the plans for GNOME 3 has been merged by Ray Strode.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo started pushing his work for a new Epiphany download manager, in the downloads branch.
- Chandni Verma patched Empathy to display a typing icon alongside contacts in the MUC contact lists . (GNOME bug 609419)
- Jeff Schroeder added support for hiding notes, and notebook template notes, in Snowy.
- Matthias Clasen updated gnome-settings-daemon to use symbolic icons for its On Screen Display . (GNOME bug 639772)
- Paolo Bacchilega added focus stealing prevention code to file-roller . (GNOME bug 318108)
- The Adwaita theme engine has been moved from gtk-theme-engine-clearlooks to gnome-themes-standard.
- A “Generate Patch Series” pane has been added to the git plugin of Anjuta, by James Liggett.
- Marek Kašík added an initial implementation of a Printers panel to the control center.
- Pierre Wieser migrated nautilus-actions from GConf to GSettings.
- A new histogram view has been added to the sidebar of gthumb.
- David Zeuthen finished the port of gnome-disk-utility to GTK+ 3.
- The screencast recorded built in GNOME Shell has been switched to webm by Adel Gadllah . (GNOME bug 632595)
- Also in GNOME Shell Maxim Ermilov added the ability to extend a search to the web, using OpenSearch to define the search engines . (GNOME bug 623708)
December 19, 2010
This week… 1798 commits, in 165 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 271 were translation commits).
- Shaun McCance added support for the Mallard Facets extension to both yelp and yelp-xsl.
- Robert Carr ported ease from autotools to the Wav build system.
- James Liggett implemented the Revert pane in the Git plugin of Anjuta.
- Handling of GeoRSS for YouTube videos has been added to libgdata.
- Laura Lucas Alday added command line options for starting cheese in wide and fullscreen modes . (GNOME bug 597820)
- Milan Bouchet-Valat switched the GNOME System Tools to GTK+ 3.
- A rewrite of the documentation for Orca has been started by Joanmarie Diggs.
- In gnome-settings-daemon Colin Walters changed the default behaviour when closing a laptop lid, from hibernate to suspend . (GNOME bug 637473)
- The sasl-gui branch has been merged into Empathy, meaning it is now possible to setup accounts without saving the passwords.
- Maxim Ermilov implemented filtering applications by category to GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 631537)
- Tristan Van Berkom merged his treeview refactoring in GTK+, he has a number of posts on the subject in his blog.
- Richard Hughes added a first version of a network panel to the control center.
November 7, 2010
This week… 1795 commits, in 177 projects, by 252 happy hackers (and 317 were translation commits).
- Robert Ancell updated gnome-nettool to use gsettings (GNOME bug 625900), he also fixed autocompletion and dropdown history.
- Roberto Majadas pushed his win32 branch of nanny, the GNOME parental control application.
- A simple distribution upgrade tool using PackageKit has been started by Richard Hughes, he blogged about it in Preupgrade, meet PackageKit.
- Empathy has been fixed to to support multiple telephone fields . (GNOME bug 630421)
- Sandy Armstrong started an HTML5 offline note application built on jQuery Mobile, for snowy.
- The media-keys gnome-settings-daemon plugin has been ported to GDBus by Bastien Nocera . (GNOME bug 634104)
- Also in gnome-settings-daemon Rodrigo Moya added a settings key to disable boot time configuration of XRandR configuration . (GNOME bug 631388)
- Paolo Bacchilega added Windows Imaging Format (.wim, .swm) support to file-roller.
- Holger Berndt added the possibility to register an external bulk rename tool in Nautilus . (GNOME bug 306489)
- Jim Evins refined the barcode objects in glables, drawing a outline and using a more sophisticated test to determine if the cursor is on a barcode object.
- Johannes Shmid ported Anjuta to GTK+ 3, and started the work to port Glade, on the “offscreen-gtk3″ branch. Also in the GTK+ 3 port serie, Thomas H.P. Andersen ported gnotski (from gnome games) and Ignacio Casal Quinteiro ported gtranslator.
- In GTK+ 3 itself Alexander Larsson added GtkRadioGroup, a group of object having radiobutton like behaviour, and Bastien Nocera added support for a custom GtkAssistant page type . (GNOME bug 576498)
October 24, 2010
This week… 2246 commits, in 200 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 297 were translation commits).
- Colin Walters worked on porting gjs to xulrunner 2, including a port to use fast constructors.
- Rodrigo Moya migrated many control center settings (accessibility, mouse and touchpad) to GSettings.
- A “Remove attachments” command has been added to Evolution by Rex Tsai (GNOME bug 534453)
- Brtfs has been made a normal part of gparted, it is no longer necessary to use the –enable-brtfs option.
- A volume indicator has been added to GNOME Shell by Giovanni Campagna . (GNOME bug 629455)
- Vitaly Minko added a new popup menu item in the Empathy chat window allowing to add words to dictionaries . (GNOME bug 550775).
- Felix Riemann made “best fit” a toggle action in Eog, making it clear from the toolbar when the image will be rescaled with the window and when not . (GNOME bug 616890)
- Tadej Borovšak added a GtkScollable interface to GTK+, and several modules (Nautilus, GNOME Control Center, gtksourceview, and gedit) have already been adapted to use it.
- Also in GTK+ Matthias Clasen added a new GtkGrid widget, similar to GtkTable but without the legacy properties and unncessary restrictions.
- GNOME Settings Daemon got a bridge plugin, listening to GSettings changes and propagating them to GConf.
October 17, 2010
This week… 1906 commits, in 198 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 330 were translation commits).
- Once again this week many modules are being ported to GTK+ 3, a notable exemple is the port of the Murrine GTK+ Engine.
- Jon McCann dropped support for non-PAM authentication methods from gnome-screensaver.
- A new GApplication implementation by Ryan Lortie landed in glib.
- John Palmieri added compatibility functions for the deprecated PyCObject API to pygobject, also updating it to use the new PyCapsule PAI for Python versions above 3 . (GNOME bug 630844)
- Jonh Wendell made the Avahi browser in Vinagre work with its new plugin system.
- Vitaly Minko updated Empathy to divide spelling suggestions in one sub-menu per language . (GNOME bug 532832)
- Many parts of gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-control-center have been migrated to use GSettings.
- Robin Sonefors added a GUI for unit conversions to gcalctool . (GNOME bug 539830)
- Dodji Seketeli made it possible to start remote debugging in Nemiver from the command line, it is no longer necessary to fill necessary parameters in the GUI . (GNOME bug 624630)
- The colour temperature has been added to the profile viewer details of gnome-color-manager.
- Jonathan Matthew added children to the podcast rhythmbox item, to have access to both new episodes and recent downloads.
- David Zeuthen started implementing the Date and Time GNOME Shell mockups, in the datetime branch.
- And Christian Dywan added a GtkComboBoxText class to GTK+, subclassing GtkComboBox and replaceing the old gtk_combo_box_*_text() convenience API . (GNOME bug 612396)
September 19, 2010
This week… 2375 commits, in 198 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 599 were translation commits).
- Rupert Swarbrick added paragraph support in the parsing of .info files in Yelp.
- Florian Müllner implemented side-by-side tiling in Mutter; when dragging a window over a screen edge and dropping it there, maximize it vertically and scale it horizontally to cover the corresponding half of the current monitor; this has been enabled by default in GNOME Shell (GNOME bug 606260)
- Eog has been modified to ask the user whether to reload externally modified images . (GNOME bug 534348)
- Alexey Fisher added two optional video filters to Empathy for video chat support, for both limiting the maximal framerate of webcams, and reducing video noise . (GNOME bug 628789, GNOME bug 628786)
- Pdfmod gained zoom slider/buttons, by Gabriel Burt (GNOME bug 614378, GNOME bug 628437)
- Hans Breuer improved UML objects in Dia, allowing them all to have their line width, font, and font size changed by the user . (GNOME bug 86238)
- Image loading performances in GThumb have been optimized.
- The Evolution calendar got some new neat (and meaningful) animations, in the clutter-calendar-v2 branch.
- Giovanni Campagna added an Universal Access status indicator to GNOME Shell; it allows the user to change rapidly the keyboard and mouse behaviour (sticky keys, slow keys, bounce keys, mouse keys), as well as the enabled ATs (magnifier, screen reader, screen keyboard) and the HighContrast Gtk theme.
- The “wcf” branch of Blam has been merged, adding usage of System.ServiceModel.Syndication instead of the RSSFeed and AtomFeed libraries . (GNOME bug 550803)
- In GTK+ Havoc Pennington added margin and alignment properties to GtkWidget.
August 29, 2010
This week… 2512 commits, in 181 projects, by 248 happy hackers (and 596 were translation commits).
- The synctex plugin, to synchronize TeX files and PDF output, has been merged into gedit-plugins.
- Both Lapo Calamandrei and Jakub Steiner worked on the metacity/mutter theme for GNOME 3.
- Nate Stedman added alpha support to backgrounds in Ease.
- A “save as PDF” plugin has been added to Gimp, thanks to Barak Itkin . (GNOME bug 382688)
- Andreas J. Guelzow added progress info support to the ODF export feature of Gnumeric.
- Batch operation support for both Calendar and Documents services has been added to libgdata . (GNOME bug 624141, GNOME bug 624142)
- Christopher Roy Bratusek made the applications menu of Sawfish honour NotShowIn and OnlyShowIn.
- Interactive TLS certification verification has been merged into Empathy . (GNOME bug 626848)
- Jonh Wendell split the reverse VNC feature of Vinagre into its own plugin, and ported it to GSocket, making reverse connections work with both IPv4 and IPv6 . (GNOME bug 626981)
- Cosimo Cecchi updated the design of the Nautilus sidebar, categorizing items with headings, a screnshot is available . (GNOME bug 508404)
- f-spot completed its port to GtkBuilder . (GNOME bug 589702)
- Thomas Wood implemented a new UI design for the background preference panel.
- Thomas Hindoe Paaboel Andersen ported both gnotravex and gnotski to cairo . (GNOME bug 625444)
- Gustavo Noronha Silva wrapped the geolocation support provided by WebKitGTK+ in Epiphany, using info bars to present policy requests to the user . (GNOME bug 626687)
- GDateTime, an opaque data type containing a date and time representation, has been added to GLib . (GNOME bug 50076)
- Benjamin Otte completed the second part of his GTK+ 3 rendering cleanup work, and posted a status report to the gtk-devel-list.
August 22, 2010
This week… 2759 commits, in 181 projects, by 258 happy hackers (and 486 were translation commits).
- Peter Tyser added to Meld the ability to check if version control repository are valid.
- Christian Persch ported libgconf-2 to GDbus, this makes libgconf-2 not link to libdbus anymore, which means libgconf-2 is LGPL2+ again . (GNOME bug 618039)
- Tor-björn Claesson made it possible to register new search providers for the GNOME Shell dash.
- Paul Cutler added Mallard snippets to the gedit snippets plugin.
- Also in the Mallard vicinity Claude Paroz updated Damned Lies to display a special icon next to documentation in the Mallard format.
- Håkon Enger added support for Mac OS VNC authentifcation to gtk-vnc.
- The Murrine engine got support for theming new widgets: GtkIconView and GtkInfoBar.
- Jiří Techet changed the double click behaviour of libchamplain, it will now zoom and center to the clicked area . (GNOME bug 605784)
- Support for importing ODF graphs into Gnumeric continues to improve thanks to Andreas J. Guelzow . (GNOME bug 626961 for example)
- Carlos Garcia Campos merged his port of gnome-applets to the new libpanel-applet API.
- Nicolas Dufresne work on proxy support in GLib has been merged.
- Empathy new “linking contacts” dialog continues to be improved; also it is now possible to disable logging . (GNOME bug 567858)
- Nate Stedman added support for embedding PDF documents in Ease.
- Summer of Code has ended, there is a summary of all projects, the snippets manager plugin written by Dragos Dena has been merged in Anjuta, and a few last updates were posted, Salomon Sicket on TaskView, Pēteris Krišjānis on recording VoIP in Jokosher, and Matt Novenstern who worked on the Message Tray.
August 15, 2010
This week… 2933 commits, in 162 projects, by 257 happy hackers (and 368 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added JsonReader, a simple, cursor-based API for parsing a JSON DOM, to json-glib.
- Christian Persch created a gdbus branch of gconf, porting it to gdbus; in the same vein David Zeuthen ported PolicyKit-gnome from dbus-glib to gdbus.
- As for GDK changes, Thomas Hindoe Paaboel Andersen started porting gnome-games, Benjamin Otte pushed a cairo-port branch onto gnome-mag, and ported parts of Nautilus, and The Gimp continued being ported to Cairo by Michael Natterer.
- Empathy has been changed by Bilal Akhtar to use GimpNet as default IRC network . (GNOME bug 625675)
- Martin Pitt ported gdm to UPower . (GNOME bug 626176)
- An initial implementation of the “background” panel has been pushed to gnome-control-center.
- Andreas J. Guelzow added exporting of images to ODF in Gnumeric.
- Preview comments have been added to most of the effects provided by gnome-video-effects (now used by Cheese).
- A new “Shuffle” action has been added on the Banshee play queue.
- Ryan Lortie added signals to GApplication, they are: startup, activate, open, action, and command-line.
- Support for common licenses has been added to GTK+, this introduces a :license-type property . (GNOME bug 336225)
- Also in GTK+ Matthias Clasen beefed up the GTK 2 -> 3 migration guide, including a first cut at documenting the rendering cleanup changes and the region removal.
- For their last week of Summer of Code, Dena Dragos added a basic import/export feature to Anjuta snippets, Adrien Bustany added a function to load resources filtering on their attributes to his tracker ORM, Alexander Saprykin got his chapters plugin merged in Totem (GNOME bug 622779), and more.