February 15, 2009
This week… 1783 commits, in 177 projects, by 180 happy hackers (and 753 were translation commits).
- GNOME is now approaching 2.26 fast, and translators started, or doubled, their efforts to get it available in their languages, Daniel Nylander, Jorge Gonzalez Gonzalez, Gil Forcada Codinachs, Gabor Keleman, Jani Monoses, Alexander Alexandrov Shopov, Chao-Hsiung Liao, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan (and others) all commited many updates from their teams (Swedish (at 99%), Spanish (at 99%), Catalan (at 97%), Hungarian (at 99%), Romanian (at 71%), Bulgarian (at 91%), Chinese (Taiwan and Hong Kong, at 93%) and Thai (at 84%)).
- The new volume control switched from D-Bus to libunique to insure it has a single instance running. Anjuta did the same, removing old crufty bacon-message code.
- Rygel now has a gio-based/like asynchronous plugin API. That and
proper use of Tracker’s APIs makes browsing of media very much faster than before; there was also lots of refactoring, clean-up and
bugfixes. (thanks Zeeshan for the report)
- evolution-webcal has removed its lignomeui dependency.
- Support for incoming room invitation has been merged in Empathy . (GNOME bug 525559).
- The visual bell settings that were previously in the sound preferences have been moved into the accessibility tab of the keyboard preferences.
- Metacity will now use libcanberra to play system bell and workspace switch sounds; and sound-juicer will use it to play a sound when the rip is complete (GNOME bug 469258).
- Also in Metacity, Windows demanding attention should never appear in the alt-tab list unless they’re of a type which might have appeared there anyway.
- Brasero won’t allow Joliet (so called “Windows compatibility”) when there are symlinks in the tree as Joliet doesn’t support them.