April 1, 2012
This week… 2870 commits, in 255 projects, by 310 happy hackers (and 635 were translation commits).
- Jasper St. Pierre imported mustache into extensions-web, to get new template system that will allow to sanely translate the website.
- In pygobject John Palmieri added a ccallback type which is used to invoke callbacks passed to a vfunc . (GNOME bug 644926)
- In tomboy Alex Tereschenko added the possibility to work on search results in addition to just one note.
- Ray Strode dropped the numlock warning from gnome-screensaver unlock dialog . (GNOME bug 662093)
- Jean Bréfort improved goffice to use a fallback image when the actual image type is not supported.
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew commited a new more compact header layout, now it has the playback controls, the current track information (including album art), the time display, the position slider, and the volume control on the same line.
- Christopher Baines fixed gcalctool to stop entering thousands seperators when using a base other than 10.
- Xan Lopez changed epiphany to always save the session state on Quit.
- In gnome-documents Florian Müllner made search queries cancellable; to avoid congesting the connection queue, cancel ongoing queries before starting a new one . (GNOME bug 672733)
- Debarshi Ray added Microsoft Exchange support (using EWS) to gnome-online-accounts.
- In Cheese Patricia Santana Cruz added a timer when recording a video . (GNOME bug 599729)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added webcam support to set new avators in gnome-contacts.
- Bastien Nocera changed Totem to pass proxy informations to GStreamer elements . (GNOME bug 395429)
February 5, 2012
This week… 1611 commits, in 183 projects, by 205 happy hackers (and 216 were translation commits).
- In gnome-themes-standard Lapo Calamandrei started using PNGs as assets where possible, instead of SVG files.
- Many introspection improvements landed in gjs (support for interfaces, signals, glib properties…), Jasper St. Pierre blogged about GJS Improvements.
- Matthias Clasen added a systemd implementation of the session tracking part of gnome-session . (GNOME bug 666891)
- David King added an horizontal flip effect to gnome-video-effects . (GNOME bug 666930)
- Jasper St. Pierre added back a “popularity” field to extensions.gnome.org.
- Empathy was updated by Will Thompson to present confirmation dialogs when closing windows containing chat rooms . (GNOME bug 591756)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed rich text import from xslx files . (GNOME bug 669083)
- Faghmie Davids contributed many improvements to the Firebird provider of libgda.
- In gnome-shell Owen Taylor improved the default screencast pipeline, decreasing the quality setting for the vp8 codec from 10 to 8, and increasing the speed setting from 2 to 6 . (GNOME bug 669066)
- Stefano Palazzo contributed a Python 3 language file for gtksourceview . (GNOME bug 668136)
- Alexander Larsson updated gnome-contacts to use a dialog for avatar changing.
- Patricia Santana Cruz changed cheese to use PackageKit to install nautilus-sendto when needed; she wrote about this: PackageKit in Cheese . (GNOME bug 668072)
- Damien Sandras reimplemented call control functions into the new Ekiga call window.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell ported uadrapassel from C++ to Vala.
- Claudio Saavedra updated eog to hide the titlebar when maximized . (GNOME bug 668652)
- In gedit Jesse van den Kieboom added an option to ensure that documents always end with a trailing newline.
December 11, 2011
This week… 1703 commits, in 159 projects, by 210 happy hackers (and 183 were translation commits).
- Steven Carr introduced support for the VNC audio tunnel extension to gtk-vnc.
- Bastien Nocera updated gnome-settings-daemon to use libwacom to get tablets metadata.
- A new “Change Passphrase” dialog was added to gnome-disk-utility by David Zeuthen.
- Lapo Calamandrei did work on the unfocused windows appearance in gnome-themes-standard.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a RSS feed to the extensions.gnome.org website.
- Various client side wayland support updates by Robert Bragg made their way into cogl.
- Paolo Bacchilega modified gthumb “edit metadata” dialog to allow saving the metadata without closing the dialog.
- In gnome-boxes Zeeshan Ali made various improvements to the express installation of Fedora and Windows VM . (GNOME bug 665803)
- In Orca Joanmarie Diggs began work on label inference (aka “label guess”) functionality for WebKitGtk content.
- Zan Dobersek contributed a fix to gnome-shell to make sure the window labels are visible at all times . (GNOME bug 644861)
- GMenu* support has landed into GLib.
- In GTK+ Cosimo Cecchi ported GtkStatusIcon to use GtkIconHelper . (GNOME bug 665409)
November 20, 2011
This week… 1898 commits, in 205 projects, by 226 happy hackers (and 253 were translation commits).
- In libpeas Garrett Regier made it possible for all extensions to have multiple interfaces . (GNOME bug 626644)
- Pedro Ferreira contributed a new chapter on keyboard events to the gtkmm documentation . (GNOME bug 661857)
- In libgxps Carlos Garcia Campos added manpages for the xps manipulation command-line tools.
- David Zeuthen added a new “Format Disk” dialog to gnome-disk-utility.
- In gnome-boxes Marc-André Lureau added various stats (disk, network, CPU) to the machines.
- Jasper St. Pierre added an “update” view to extensions.gnome.org that the Shell can check on a cron job.
- Jens Georg changed rygel to batch URIs for thumbnail requests . (GNOME bug 661334)
- Sjoerd Simons changed empathy to let the hardware (pulseaudio) audio source control the volume, instead of amplifying in software.
- Dan Winship added support for unencrypted PKCS#8 keys to glib-networking . (GNOME bug 664321)
- Cosimo Cecchi pushed a first implementation of an “Organize” dialog into gnome-documents.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell ported gnomine from C to Vala.
- Hubert Figuière implemented undo for properties in Niepce.
- Shaun McCance simplified docbook bibliography handling in yelp-xsl.
- Nicolas Dufresne fixed glib to clear the proxy address upon retry . (GNOME bug 664141)
- Mike Fleetwood added labelling of brtfs filesystems into gparted.
October 30, 2011
This week… 1840 commits, in 177 projects, by 198 happy hackers (and 254 were translation commits).
- In gtk-osx John Ralls created a separate build chain for gtk3.
- In libgdata Philip Withnall added support for the “file as” property of contacts, specifying their sort order if they have non-Western-style names or names which are otherwise incorrectly sorted in the contact list . (GNOME bug 661033)
- Marc-André Lureau added vapi bindings generation to gtk-vnc . (GNOME bug 662708)
- He then used it to add support for VNC displays into gnome-boxes.
- Dov Grobgeld added support for pixel grid to the giv image viewer.
- Damien Lespiau changed pinpoint to render the speaker notes in a separate page.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a simple view to query for extensions on extensions.gnome.org.
- Jason Siefken added prettier drawing operations and CSS colors to the system monitor gnome-shell extension.
- David King replaced the glom progress dialog with an infobar . (GNOME bug 661051)
- Marta Bogdanowicz started rewriting file-roller documentation in Mallard.
- In goffice Jean Bréfort added support for SVG images, using librsvg.
- Robert Ancell made a port of the mahjongg game from C to Vala.
- Cosimo Cecchi had a first pass at implementing a “selection” mode for gnome-documents.
- Paolo Bacchilega refactored the code of the image viewer widget of gthumb.
- Milan Crha made initial preparations for a Fast Transfer implementation in evolution-mapi.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the zooming on text superscripts and subscripts . (GNOME bug 425685)
October 2, 2011
This week… 2810 commits, in 216 projects, by 325 happy hackers (and 767 were translation commits).
- In gdk-pixbuf Keith Moyer fixed gif animation delays between frames . (GNOME bug 655755)
- Jonathan Matthew converted Rhythmbox to be based on GtkApplication.
- Emmanuele Bassi added support for run-time backend detection in clutter-gtk.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a better, more contextual review list UI for extensions.gnome.org.
- Dan Winship updated libsoup to use GTlsDatabase, and added new SoupSession properties for it.
- In clutter-gst Damien Lespiau changed how audio and subtitles tracks are reported.
- Cosimo Cecchi updated gnome-screenshot to use GNOME Shell DBus screenshot interface if available . (GNOME bug 657330)
- Sébastien Wilmet changed latexila to use theme icons, instead of relying of icons copied from Kile.
- Murray Cumming updated glom to use CSS3 formatting for colors.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added a snippets manager to gedit-latex.
- Copy and paste from gnumeric to other programs has been fixed by Andreas J. Guelzow . (GNOME bug 660242)
- In goffice Morten Welinder improved the precision of range functions when the input vector is (near-)constant.
- Jens Georg added some delay before handling SoupMessage signals in rygel, to avoid getting stray signals when one of the precondition checks fails.
- Support for DVD playing has been added to Banshee, this includes menu navitation and is the work of Alex Launi, Olivier Dufour, and Bertrand Lorenz.
- Richard Hugues added an ICC profile metadata blacklist to gnome-color-manager.
- Jonny Lamb removed workarounds for Butterfly bugs from Empathy . (GNOME bug 612555)
- Christophe Dumez optimised the parsing of vcards in evolution-data-server.