June 5, 2011
This week… 1760 commits, in 183 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 306 were translation commits).
- Torsten Schönfeld unified the index handling in argument marshalling in perl-Glib-Object-Introspection.
- Vamsi Krishna Brahmajosyula contributed a new gnome shell extension, to add a GNOME2-like menu on the panel.
- Vincent Povirk added a new game, eliminator, to Aisleriot, discussion on code and rules happened in GNOME bug 637030.
- Vincent Untz fixed a security issue in gdm, nullifying URI scheme handlers.
- In Epiphany Sergio Villar Senin added a about:plugins page, to show the list of installed plugins . (GNOME bug 575498)
- Paolo Bacchilega added code to disable the screensaver when playing videos or slideshows in GThumb.
- Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller added video only encoding in Transmageddon.
- Support for an orientation lock has been added the gnome-settings-daemon orientation plugin.
- Florian Müllner simplified handling of removed workspaces in GNOME Shell.
- Iain Lane switched Tomboy from NDesk Dbus to dbus-sharp.
- Ryan Lortie implemented pointer sized bitlocks in glib, including an hand-coded assembly version for x86 . (GNOME bug 651467)
March 13, 2011
This week… 2634 commits, in 197 projects, by 272 happy hackers (and 670 were translation commits).
- Andrew McGrath added support for plain text exportation in ocrfeeder.
- Robert Ancell updated dconf-editor to show the key range in key descriptions.
- Based on a patch from Mark Starovoytov Dan Winship fixed libsoup to catch overflows when parsing very distant expiration dates in cookies . (GNOME bug 643462)
- John Stowers added a user-theme extension to the gnome-shell-extensions repository . (GNOME bug 644271)
- Ray Strode made it so that gdm runs the gnome-session acceleration helper script, to preload the GL stack and figure out ahead of time whether or not gnome shell can run on the system.
- Marek Kasik updated the printers plugin of gnome-settings-daemon to show notifications for selected printer state changes (things liek “tuner low”).
- Jakub Steiner worked on the Cantarell font, fixing all ~ accented glyphs . (GNOME bug 642396)
- Steve Frécinaux enabled Python support for eog plugins . (GNOME bug 639597)
- Martin Robinson made the serif font the default web font of Epiphany, to match the behaviour of other browsers . (GNOME bug 644523)
- GObject Introspection support as been added to libcheese by Luciana Fujii Pontello.
- Dan Winship changed gnome-shell to use the new libmutter-wm library, to build a real gnome-shell binary (GNOME bug 641724)
- Bastien Nocera added some code to reorder date widgets in the date/time panel, to be based on the locale’s date format, rather than only supporting the US-centric version . (GNOME bug 636896)
- And William Jon McCann ripped GNOME Screensaver of its theme and job support.
February 6, 2011
This week… 2281 commits, in 185 projects, by 262 happy hackers (and 364 were translation commits).
- Felix Riemann converted postr to use libpeas as plugin system.
- Francesco Marella migrated phonemgr from libglade to GtkBuilder . (GNOME bug 590816)
- Sergey V. Udaltsov added a gkbd-keyboard-display utility to libgnomekbd, to be used by gnome-shell and gnome-control-center to display keyboard layouts.
- Jonathan Matthew ported the Python plugins of Rhythmbox to gobject introspection.
- GDM was switched by Ray Strode to use accounts service for language and session.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a notification to Nautilus, when all transfer are completed.
- Unlock buttons have been added to both datetime and printers control center panels.
- David Zeuthen landed his work implementing the new calendar menu of GNOME Shell; he showed the result in GNOME 3 Calendar . (GNOME bug 632109)
- In Meld Kai Willadsen reworked directory-level file comparison, the new version features somewhat simpler logic, progressive file reading, binary file filter handling and provides earlier exit in no-filter cases . (GNOME bug 586656)
- The port of GNOME Panel to GTK+ 3 has been merged.
- Benjamin Otte rewrote the event handling of the area selection of gnome-screenshot.
- Christian Schaller changed the UI of Transmageddon to a combobox bases setup instead of radiobuttons, this to both shrink UI and allow for support of multiple audio streams; this makes a new look for Transmageddon.
January 23, 2011
This week… 2604 commits, in 181 projects, by 266 happy hackers (and 446 were translation commits).
- The screensaver dialog screen has been made a bit more like the mockups by Jon McCann.
- Also the work he did to make gdm more like the plans for GNOME 3 has been merged by Ray Strode.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo started pushing his work for a new Epiphany download manager, in the downloads branch.
- Chandni Verma patched Empathy to display a typing icon alongside contacts in the MUC contact lists . (GNOME bug 609419)
- Jeff Schroeder added support for hiding notes, and notebook template notes, in Snowy.
- Matthias Clasen updated gnome-settings-daemon to use symbolic icons for its On Screen Display . (GNOME bug 639772)
- Paolo Bacchilega added focus stealing prevention code to file-roller . (GNOME bug 318108)
- The Adwaita theme engine has been moved from gtk-theme-engine-clearlooks to gnome-themes-standard.
- A “Generate Patch Series” pane has been added to the git plugin of Anjuta, by James Liggett.
- Marek Kašík added an initial implementation of a Printers panel to the control center.
- Pierre Wieser migrated nautilus-actions from GConf to GSettings.
- A new histogram view has been added to the sidebar of gthumb.
- David Zeuthen finished the port of gnome-disk-utility to GTK+ 3.
- The screencast recorded built in GNOME Shell has been switched to webm by Adel Gadllah . (GNOME bug 632595)
- Also in GNOME Shell Maxim Ermilov added the ability to extend a search to the web, using OpenSearch to define the search engines . (GNOME bug 623708)
August 15, 2010
This week… 2933 commits, in 162 projects, by 257 happy hackers (and 368 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added JsonReader, a simple, cursor-based API for parsing a JSON DOM, to json-glib.
- Christian Persch created a gdbus branch of gconf, porting it to gdbus; in the same vein David Zeuthen ported PolicyKit-gnome from dbus-glib to gdbus.
- As for GDK changes, Thomas Hindoe Paaboel Andersen started porting gnome-games, Benjamin Otte pushed a cairo-port branch onto gnome-mag, and ported parts of Nautilus, and The Gimp continued being ported to Cairo by Michael Natterer.
- Empathy has been changed by Bilal Akhtar to use GimpNet as default IRC network . (GNOME bug 625675)
- Martin Pitt ported gdm to UPower . (GNOME bug 626176)
- An initial implementation of the “background” panel has been pushed to gnome-control-center.
- Andreas J. Guelzow added exporting of images to ODF in Gnumeric.
- Preview comments have been added to most of the effects provided by gnome-video-effects (now used by Cheese).
- A new “Shuffle” action has been added on the Banshee play queue.
- Ryan Lortie added signals to GApplication, they are: startup, activate, open, action, and command-line.
- Support for common licenses has been added to GTK+, this introduces a :license-type property . (GNOME bug 336225)
- Also in GTK+ Matthias Clasen beefed up the GTK 2 -> 3 migration guide, including a first cut at documenting the rendering cleanup changes and the region removal.
- For their last week of Summer of Code, Dena Dragos added a basic import/export feature to Anjuta snippets, Adrien Bustany added a function to load resources filtering on their attributes to his tracker ORM, Alexander Saprykin got his chapters plugin merged in Totem (GNOME bug 622779), and more.
June 13, 2010
This week… 2432 commits, in 191 projects, by 260 happy hackers (and 292 were translation commits).
- Many modules started adopting GTK+ 3 (GNOME Desktop, GNOME Settings Daemon, GNOME Color Manager, GNOME Power Manager, GNOME Control Center, Goocanvas, Totem), sometimes keeping compatibility with GTK+ 2.x, (like VTE, gucharmap, GNOME Games, librsvg and GNOME Terminal).
- Shaun McCance added “Copy Code Block” and “Save Code Black As” to code snippets in Yelp, he wrote about the feature in Yelp and the DOM.
- The volume control “applet” has been changed to use symbolic icons (GNOME bug 614212), to complete this Jakub Steiner added such icons for microphone levels . (GNOME bug 621175)
- Johan Dahlin added a “promise” module to gjs, to provide a better API for supporting asynchronous code . (GNOME bug 608450)
- Grilo got a gravatar plugin, it is used to distribute an artist-avatar/author-avater attribute if either “artist” or “author” fields contain a valid email.
- Totem has been updated to use a dark theme and symbolic icons . (GNOME bug 617921)
- Ryan Lortie added dconf-editor to the dconf module.
- Jonathan Matthew implemented the MPRIS D-Bus specification in Rhythmbox (GNOME bug 618520), MPRIS defines a common D-Bus interface for media players.
- Harold Schreckengost contributed a new F-Spot topic based help.
- Felix Kaser added a new “EmpathyLiveSearch” widget in Empathy, used to dynamically filter the main window contact list.
- In GNOME Control Center Thomas Wood converted the display capplet to a settings panel.
- Andreas J. Guelzow added a search function to the function selector of Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 495776)
- In the GNOME Shell Florian Müllner added a fade effect when overing over items of the dash . (GNOME bug 620782)
- Abderrahim Kitouni added a plugin to support Vala to Anjuta . (GNOME bug 620757)
- William Jon McCann improved the performance of the GDM greeter (GNOME bug 621045)
- In Summer of Code land, Alexander Saprykin wrote a tiny parser for CMML files, so libcmml won’t be necessary for chapter support in Totem; Yuvi Panda made photo, video and burst modes of Cheese work in his Vala port; Michal Hruby wrote a Rhythmbox plugin using Zeitgeist; and more.
January 31, 2010
This week… 2086 commits, in 199 projects, by 268 happy hackers (and 433 were translation commits).
- Anjuta got support to install required packages when creating a new project via PackageKit (GNOME bug 558856).
- Jason Woofenden modified libchamplain so that tiles are now loaded near the middle first; while Simon Wenner work on a local renderer was being merged.
- In GNOME System Tools Milan Bouchet-Valat added encrypted home folder support when creating new users.
- In glib Ryan Lortie added support for a mutex lock that consumes only one bit of storage inside of an integer on systems that support futexes . (GNOME bug 548967)
- Jamie Nicol modified rhythmbox to use artist and album sortnames in query model sorting functions . (GNOME bug 133444)
- Yelp was fixed to work with API changes introduced in latest xulrunner.
- Evolution was changed to not auto-sign when replying to a signed message . (GNOME bug 607595)
- Jean Bréfort added import/export support for transparent objects in Excel files to Gnumeric.
- GDM has been modified to have the “Switch User” item hidden when VT switching is disabled.
January 17, 2010
This week… 2106 commits, in 195 projects, by 235 happy hackers (and 348 were translation commits).
- Behdad Esfahbod added the possibility to save the content of a terminal . (GNOME bug 24457)
- Vinagre feature to share a desktop over Telepathy has been ported to the latest Telepathy API, removing the requirement on Empathy to dispatch tubes.
- A new accounts-dialog module has been imported, talking to a new accountsservice service to manage accounts; Matthias Clasen announced it on his weblog: Old Promises.
- Parallel to those developments Milan Bouchet-Vala continued hacking on the accounts management in system-tools-backend and GNOME system tools, improving both backends and user interface.
- XChat-GNOME got rid of libgnome and libgnomeui (GNOME bug 584887); the GNOME Panel also got rid of them.
- gdm has been fixed to not display a different message for user unknown versus a failed password for a valid user, to avoid revealing which user names are valid without authenticating . (GNOME bug 606703)
- Andrea Cimitan speed up the Murrine engine in RGBA mode, fixing the way webkit windows were handled along the way.
- Alexander Larsson added support for lazy loading of giomodules to GLib.
- Thomas Wood worked on the evolution of the control center, moving to a single window approach, in the single-window-shell branch, read his weblog for more info.
- GNOME Disk Utility got a first cut at LVM2 support, with support for creating Logical Volumes; support for setting up striping and mirroring will come later.
- Bastien Nocera added cropping capability to the chooser widget of Cheese . (GNOME bug 606730)
- Toms Baugis improved the hamster applet so it will now adapt automatically to theme colours.
- Epiphany “find on page” feature has been improved to wait a little bit before searching for one or two character strings, which slowed down things . (GNOME bug 598322)
December 27, 2009
This week… 1152 commits, in 137 projects, by 191 happy hackers (and 128 were translation commits).
- Thanks to a patch by Philip Chimento gtk-doc got a much improved support for parsing unions . (GNOME bug 165425)
- Francisco Rojas added tag autocompletion to Postr . (GNOME bug 507242)
- Support for BibTeX syntax highlighting has bee pushed to gtksourceview . (GNOME bug 605071)
- Takao Fujiwara updated gdm to reload the i18n file automatically . (GNOME bug 599263)
- Sergey V. Udaltsov updated the gnome-settings-daemon keyboard plugin to use the new GkbdStatus status icon.
- The GNOME Color Manager gained an experimental user-calibrate wizard, which the user can use when there is no calibration hardward available.
- Empathy has been updated with support for inviting to multi user chats.
- The IM status plugin of Rhythmbox got support for Pidgin, a contribution by Mohamad Elrashidin Sajeli . (GNOME bug 605023)
- Xan Lopez brought back window.close() to Epiphany.