September 23, 2012
This week… 2841 commits, in 211 projects, by 260 happy hackers (and 1448 were translation commits).
- Giovanni Campagna’s port of gnome-applets to the new libgweather landed . (GNOME bug 678977)
- Øyvind Kolås updated gegl color-reduction operation to do the quantization and dithering in gamma space.
- In Gimp Michael Natterer ported the print and animation-play plugins to GEGL.
- Jens Georg added the possibility to set arbitrary HTTP headers to grilo . (GNOME bug 680436)
- In gedit-plugins Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated the colorpicker plugin to show overlayed an colorbutton when selecting an hex color.
- In gnome-shell Rui Matos added menu items for IBus Anthy’s InputMode and TypingMode . (GNOME bug 682314)
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb to save and restore the viewer sidebar state.
- Benjamin Otte landed CSS animation support into GTK+.
- Florian Müllner changed mutter to add a sad face in the force-quit dialog . (GNOME bug 684306)
- Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller ported Transmageddon to Python 3.
- Paolo Borelli made a first cut of an implementation of “Laps” support in gnome-clocks.
- Matthias Clasen fixed gnome-control-center to make Enterprise WPA work again.
May 20, 2012
This week… 1593 commits, in 201 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 319 were translation commits).
- In Pitivi Jean-François Fortin Tam merged the ges (GStreamer Editing Services) branch.
- Xan Lopez added support for Do Not Track into Epiphany.
- William Jon McCann redesigned gnome-control-center universal access panel for consistency and smallness . (GNOME bug 665588)
- Florian Müllner added a simple application menu to gucharmap . (GNOME bug 674952)
- Fabrice Bellet contributed a fix to Vino to use XFixes to provide the correct cursor image . (GNOME bug 492033)
- Sébastien Wilmet changed gtksourceview to use a GResource for the XML description of its completion UI . (GNOME bug 674643)
- Joseph Scheuhammer contributed brightness and contrast functionality to gnome-shell magnifier . (GNOME bug 639851)
- Debarshi Ray updated gnome-online-accounts to set the Accept-Language header, so the Facebook login page appears in the correct language.
- Danielle Madeley revamped empathy roster window menu, converting it into an application menu.
- Chenthill Palanisamy added the possibility to send mails through groupwise SOAP protocol to evolution-groupwise.
- David Zeuthen did various improvements to the gnome-disk-utility SMART dialog.
- In Evolution Milan Crha added year scrolling to the date picker . (GNOME bug 206484)
- Craig Keogh added support for a systemmodule tag to JHBuild . (GNOME bug 669554)
- Alexandre Prokoudine replaced various GIMP filters by GEGL operations.
February 19, 2012
This week… 2128 commits, in 175 projects, by 238 happy hackers (and 428 were translation commits).
- Andy Spencer added a Tile Map Service to Grits, a “virtual globe” library, that downloads tiles directly from openstreetmap.org.
- Christian Persch updated vte to use a GResource for its default termcap.
- Shaun McCance merged the new Mallard Conditional code into yelp-xsl.
- Alexander Larsson added a “Add to My Contacts” button to gnome-contacts.
- Lennart Poettering ported the automount support provided by gnome-shell from ConsoleKit to system-logind.
- In gnome-screenshot Cosimo Cecchi added support for the new Shell API that allows including the pointer.
- Sergio Villar Senin fixed several issues in libsoup cache support.
- Giovanni Campagna made use of the new configuration system in the alternate-tab and auto-move-windows gnome-shell extensions.
- Massimo Valentini ported the Gimp gfig plugin to use Cairo for its drawing operations (GNOME bug 642728).
- Richard Hughes added a new CcStrengthBar widget to gnome-control-center, to display a smaller and neater progress bar, to be used in the power and user-accounts panels.
- Johannes Schmid worked on a “Find in files” dialog for Anjuta document manager, giving it quite a lot of features.
- Chandni Verma work on having the Empathy debug window display all sources of message by default has finally been merged . (GNOME bug 592994)
January 22, 2012
This week… 1964 commits, in 174 projects, by 203 happy hackers (and 247 were translation commits).
- Maciej Piechotka added a ArrayQueue data structure to libgee.
- Patches from Christophe Fergeau to port sound-juicer to musicbrainz4 have landed at last.
- In Banshee Andrés Aragoneses split RockBox support co into its own class.
- Krzesimir Nowak changed rygel to append extensions to served files.
- Bastien Nocera added support for pairing the iCade into gnome-bluetooth.
- Shaun McCance improved Yelp by making Mallard documents auto-reload on changes.
- In Tomboy Aaron Borden fixed template syncing . (GNOME bug 665679)
- In gnome-contacts Alexander Larsson added support for changing the primary address book.
- Zeeshan Ali changed gnome-boxes to add devices based on what is supported by the OS; the information about device support comes from libosinfo . (GNOME bug 666739)
- Matthias Clasen added optional systemd support to gnome-packagekit, to make it use systemd instead of ConsoleKit for rebooting . (GNOME bug 666788)
- Joseph Scheuhammer contributed a dialog for zoom options into the universal access control center panel . (GNOME bug 643086)
- David Zeuthen merged his udisks2 port of gnome-disk-utility.
- In GLib Dan Winship added multicast-related functions to GSocket . (GNOME bug 626589)
- Alexia Death added axis labels to dynamics curves and curveview in Gimp.
- Patricia Santana Cruz added videos and picture sharing support, via nautilus-sendto, to Cheese . (GNOME bug 522210)
February 20, 2011
This week… 2119 commits, in 179 projects, by 231 happy hackers (and 387 were translation commits).
- Tor-björn Claesson contributed a dock extension for GNOME Shell.
- Vincent Untz started rewriting gnome-web-photo to use WebKit instead of xulrunner.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added a GeditAnimatedOverlay class to gedit, this provides a widget with slide/in/out animation for the widget added on the container.
- Michal Hruby added a Zeitgeist dataprovider plugin to gedit.
- Shaun McCance merged the search & indexing branch of Yelp.
- Richard Hughes added a updates plugin in gnome-settings-daemon, to notify user of available package updates.
- D-Bus applets in GNOME Panel were fixed to work in multiscreen environments . (GNOME bug 632369)
- Bastien Nocera added a ‘Add’ button to the control center background panel.
- Guillaume Desmottes updated Empathy to set the same program class in all binaries, to make all empathy apps windows appear as the same application in GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 642440)
- Cosimo Cecchi added a floating bar to Nautilus.
- Garrett Regier made the libpeas plugin manager show a dialog when disabling a plugin which is depended on.
- In gimp Michael Natterer added a GimpTileBackendTileManager which does nothing so far but will help GEGL migration a lot.
- Eugenia Gabrielova updated inline search in Anjuta to support replace and highlighting . (GNOME bug 638134)
- Jasper St. Pierrer added a history manager, to be used by runDialog and lookingGlass, into GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 642237)
- Also in GNOME Shell Guillaume Desmottes ported the Telepathy bits to use telepathy-glib . (GNOME bug 620416)
September 5, 2010
This week… 2545 commits, in 212 projects, by 256 happy hackers (and 731 were translation commits).
- Eitan Isaacson added a checkbox to use the default colour theme when highlighring keys in Caribou . (GNOME bug 622246)
- Joanmarie Diggs added support for object toolkis in Orca, this allows Orco to handle cases where multiple toolkits are used in an application . (GNOME bug 628410)
- Philip Withnall merged his port of Totem to GSettings . (GNOME bug 625896)
- Gabriel Burt pushed a first pass at Bookmarks support for pdfmod, this adds a sidebar treeview that shows the existing bookmarks, and it’s possible to edit or remove them, as well as adding new bookmarks.
- Colin Walters merged his major rewrite of girscanner, and more, in gobject-introspection.
- Support for multi-coloured text layers has been added to Gimp by Michael Natterer, on top of an initial patch by Barak Itkin . (GNOME bug 620674)
- Florian Müllner added support for the text-shadow property in GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 624384)
- Support for the MPRIS v2 API has been added to Banshee, this will allow external applications to interact with Banshee through a standard D-Bus API . (GNOME bug 570841)
- Jonh Wendell added an instant messaging status plugin to Vinagre, that changes the status to busy when the application is switched to full screen mode.
- A backend using the Windows Registry has been added by Sam Thursfield to GSettings.
- Benjamin Otte updated the screenshot tool from gnome-utils to not draw directly to the root window anymore, updating the look of area selection along the way . (GNOME bug 628499)
August 29, 2010
This week… 2512 commits, in 181 projects, by 248 happy hackers (and 596 were translation commits).
- The synctex plugin, to synchronize TeX files and PDF output, has been merged into gedit-plugins.
- Both Lapo Calamandrei and Jakub Steiner worked on the metacity/mutter theme for GNOME 3.
- Nate Stedman added alpha support to backgrounds in Ease.
- A “save as PDF” plugin has been added to Gimp, thanks to Barak Itkin . (GNOME bug 382688)
- Andreas J. Guelzow added progress info support to the ODF export feature of Gnumeric.
- Batch operation support for both Calendar and Documents services has been added to libgdata . (GNOME bug 624141, GNOME bug 624142)
- Christopher Roy Bratusek made the applications menu of Sawfish honour NotShowIn and OnlyShowIn.
- Interactive TLS certification verification has been merged into Empathy . (GNOME bug 626848)
- Jonh Wendell split the reverse VNC feature of Vinagre into its own plugin, and ported it to GSocket, making reverse connections work with both IPv4 and IPv6 . (GNOME bug 626981)
- Cosimo Cecchi updated the design of the Nautilus sidebar, categorizing items with headings, a screnshot is available . (GNOME bug 508404)
- f-spot completed its port to GtkBuilder . (GNOME bug 589702)
- Thomas Wood implemented a new UI design for the background preference panel.
- Thomas Hindoe Paaboel Andersen ported both gnotravex and gnotski to cairo . (GNOME bug 625444)
- Gustavo Noronha Silva wrapped the geolocation support provided by WebKitGTK+ in Epiphany, using info bars to present policy requests to the user . (GNOME bug 626687)
- GDateTime, an opaque data type containing a date and time representation, has been added to GLib . (GNOME bug 50076)
- Benjamin Otte completed the second part of his GTK+ 3 rendering cleanup work, and posted a status report to the gtk-devel-list.
August 15, 2010
This week… 2933 commits, in 162 projects, by 257 happy hackers (and 368 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added JsonReader, a simple, cursor-based API for parsing a JSON DOM, to json-glib.
- Christian Persch created a gdbus branch of gconf, porting it to gdbus; in the same vein David Zeuthen ported PolicyKit-gnome from dbus-glib to gdbus.
- As for GDK changes, Thomas Hindoe Paaboel Andersen started porting gnome-games, Benjamin Otte pushed a cairo-port branch onto gnome-mag, and ported parts of Nautilus, and The Gimp continued being ported to Cairo by Michael Natterer.
- Empathy has been changed by Bilal Akhtar to use GimpNet as default IRC network . (GNOME bug 625675)
- Martin Pitt ported gdm to UPower . (GNOME bug 626176)
- An initial implementation of the “background” panel has been pushed to gnome-control-center.
- Andreas J. Guelzow added exporting of images to ODF in Gnumeric.
- Preview comments have been added to most of the effects provided by gnome-video-effects (now used by Cheese).
- A new “Shuffle” action has been added on the Banshee play queue.
- Ryan Lortie added signals to GApplication, they are: startup, activate, open, action, and command-line.
- Support for common licenses has been added to GTK+, this introduces a :license-type property . (GNOME bug 336225)
- Also in GTK+ Matthias Clasen beefed up the GTK 2 -> 3 migration guide, including a first cut at documenting the rendering cleanup changes and the region removal.
- For their last week of Summer of Code, Dena Dragos added a basic import/export feature to Anjuta snippets, Adrien Bustany added a function to load resources filtering on their attributes to his tracker ORM, Alexander Saprykin got his chapters plugin merged in Totem (GNOME bug 622779), and more.
August 1, 2010
This week… 1817 commits, in 202 projects, by 221 happy hackers (and 396 were translation commits).
- In the ongoing transitions emerillon has been ported to GSettings, while evolution, evolution-data-server, and brasero have been ported to GDBus (GNOME bug 622884 and others).
- Also glibmm gained a wrapper for GApplication, and gtkmm another one for GtkApplication.
- Mike Gorse added thread safety around main loop invocations in PyGTK.
- Eye of GNOME got a settings conversion file, to migrate configuration from GConf to GSettings.
- Jonh Wendell ported Vinagre to use libpeas for its plugins.
- And a basic support for plugin dependencies has been added to libpeas.
- Cheese effect preview elements have been changed to be constructed on-demand, rather than at startup, which has a great effect on startup performance.
- Matthias Clasen improved a lot the coverage of unit tests in GLib.
- Michael Natterer started porting various bits of Gimp from drawing with GDK to drawing with Cairo.
- Paolo Borelli made a first cut at a fonts panel for gnome control center 3.0, at the moment a straight port of the fonts tab of the current appearance preferences dialog.
- In Gnumeric Jean Brefort added support for importing old Guppi graphs from gnumeric 1.0 files.
- Nate Stedman added support for shapes and backgrounds to Ease.
- In Vala Michael Terry added support for the new bytestring GVariant (GNOME bug 624986)
- Last but not least Cosimo Cecchi removed the backgrounds/emblems feature in Nautilus.
- As for GSoC students, many were at GUADEC and you should really watch the recorded GSoC lightning talks session once it’s made available…