July 15, 2012
This week… 1778 commits, in 207 projects, by 207 happy hackers (and 225 were translation commits).
- Edward Hervey ported clutter-gst to GStreamer 1.0, and Florian Müllner did the same for gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 679445)
- Juan Pablo Ugarte fixed important memory leaks in glade . (GNOME bug 679487)
- In epiphany Carlos Garcia Campos continued his port to WebKit2, this time with support for persistent cookies . (GNOME bug 679369)
- David Henningsson and Conor Curran added the necessary backend work to get the gnome-control-center sound panel use the new port introspection capability of PulseAudio 2.0 . (GNOME bug 674831)
- Martin Pieuchot contributed support for allocating PTYs through openpty on BSD to gvfs sftp backend . (GNOME bug 679790)
- David Zeuthen updated gnome-disk-utility to rescan device when it’s done restoring a disk image onto it, so no physical replug is necessary.
- In Nautilus William Jon McCann added a “recent files” place . (GNOME bug 325824)
- In gtk-vnc Daniel P. Berrange added support for connecting to GSocketAddress instances.
- Robert Bragg added support for resizable windows to cogl.
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon keyboard plugin to set IBus engines from input sources . (GNOME bug 676102)
- Paolo Bacchilega changed file-roller to be able to extract rar archives with ‘The Unarchiver’ (unar ). (GNOME bug 646606)
- Guillaume Desmottes added a dialpad button widget to Empathy, to improve the dialpad functionalities . (GNOME bug 679396)
- Milan Crha fixed evolution-data-server to make it possible to cancel search in search folders . (GNOME bug 578240)
- Jean Bréfort added support for gobject introspection to gnumeric . (GNOME bug 670271)
- In libsecret Stefan Walter added some documentation for how to migrate from libgnome-keyring.
- Rob Bradford landed several wayland changes in GTK+, including a port to the new input protocol mechanism.
April 29, 2012
This week… 1687 commits, in 161 projects, by 204 happy hackers (and 250 were translation commits).
- Juan Pablo Ugarte redid the Glade UI, in Glade, and using GtkBuilder, GResources, and GtkAction.
- Florian Müllner ported gcalctool to GtkApplication, and replaced the existing menu bar with an app menu . (GNOME bug 674529)
- Michael Wood added an “in-seek” property to clutter-gst, this can be used when we need to keep external controllers in sync with the current progress without having to poll for the progress.
- In Gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved again support for ODF spreadsheets, this time by importing the page headers.
- Jasper St. Pierre improved the notification part of gnome-shell to match applications on WM_CLASS . (GNOME bug 673761)
- In Clutter Emmanuele Bassi added basic geometric types (point, size, rect) so they can used in properties and accessors.
- Raul Gutierrez Segales contributed a port of folks to gsettings . (GNOME bug 647909)
- Cosimo Cecchi added an application menu to Nautilus . (GNOME bug 674532)
- In gvfs David Zeuthen added support for getting/storing LUKS encryption passphrase from the keyring . (GNOME bug 674161)
- Dan Winship reorganised the proxy resolution code of libsoup, and added support for SOCKS and other proxy types . (GNOME bug 553269)
- In GTK+ Matthias Clasen added a ‘fine adjustment’ mode to ranges, Shift-click in the slider now starts a drag in ‘fine adjustment’ mode, where the slider is moved 10-times slower than the mouse.
October 9, 2011
This week… 1979 commits, in 218 projects, by 220 happy hackers (and 405 were translation commits).
- Carlos Garcia Campos added API docs and introspection support to libgxps.
- In gnome-keyring Stef Walter completed the PKCS#11 import dialog.
- The “margins” branch landed in Glade, it’s now posible to change widget margins using the mouse, thanks to Juan Pablo Ugarte.
- Jakub Steiner contributed a gorgeous icon for Boxes.
- Torsten Schönfeld added support for implementing interfaces and object vfuncs into perl-Glib-Object-Introspection.
- Debarshi Ray optimized note creation, renaming and deletion in gnote, updating the note tree instead of reconstructing it anew every time . (GNOME bug 660663)
- Christophe Dumez improved the bulk contact removal code in evolution-data-server addressbook component.
- Christian Schaller added an HTML5 preset to Transmageddon.
- Ming Han Teh contributed drag’n'drop support for adding wallpapers into the gnome-control-center background panel . (GNOME bug 655375)
- In GNOME Shell Matthias Clasen updated contact search to match on more fields, making it closer to the way it works in gnome-contacts . (GNOME bug 660580)
- Andreas J. Guelzow added some extra code to gnumeric xls import to fix border consistency in 1C generated files.
- Matthew Barnes used new GtkApplication features to trim off redundancies in Evolution EShell.
- Murray Cumming changed Glom to generated a standard print layout instead of an HTML file, when printing the details view.
November 7, 2010
This week… 1795 commits, in 177 projects, by 252 happy hackers (and 317 were translation commits).
- Robert Ancell updated gnome-nettool to use gsettings (GNOME bug 625900), he also fixed autocompletion and dropdown history.
- Roberto Majadas pushed his win32 branch of nanny, the GNOME parental control application.
- A simple distribution upgrade tool using PackageKit has been started by Richard Hughes, he blogged about it in Preupgrade, meet PackageKit.
- Empathy has been fixed to to support multiple telephone fields . (GNOME bug 630421)
- Sandy Armstrong started an HTML5 offline note application built on jQuery Mobile, for snowy.
- The media-keys gnome-settings-daemon plugin has been ported to GDBus by Bastien Nocera . (GNOME bug 634104)
- Also in gnome-settings-daemon Rodrigo Moya added a settings key to disable boot time configuration of XRandR configuration . (GNOME bug 631388)
- Paolo Bacchilega added Windows Imaging Format (.wim, .swm) support to file-roller.
- Holger Berndt added the possibility to register an external bulk rename tool in Nautilus . (GNOME bug 306489)
- Jim Evins refined the barcode objects in glables, drawing a outline and using a more sophisticated test to determine if the cursor is on a barcode object.
- Johannes Shmid ported Anjuta to GTK+ 3, and started the work to port Glade, on the “offscreen-gtk3″ branch. Also in the GTK+ 3 port serie, Thomas H.P. Andersen ported gnotski (from gnome games) and Ignacio Casal Quinteiro ported gtranslator.
- In GTK+ 3 itself Alexander Larsson added GtkRadioGroup, a group of object having radiobutton like behaviour, and Bastien Nocera added support for a custom GtkAssistant page type . (GNOME bug 576498)
November 23, 2008
This week… 1470 commits, in 149 projects, by 183 happy hackers (and 126 were translation commits).
- Support for file transfer has been merged in Empathy; it is currently only available for Link-Local XMPP, support for Jabber should now be implemented in telepathy-gabble; Guillaume Desmottes posted about this.
- gnome-shell is progressing nicely and Owen Taylor gave a status update.
- f-spot moved from gnome-vfs to gio.
- Behdad Esfahbod continued his work on vte and its pangocairo backend, he also removed obsolete backends.
- Josselin Mouette merged Debian patches into esound, which prompted the release of 0.2.41.
- Rhythmbox can now deal with uninitialized iPods.
- Benjamin Otte improved the gvfs FTP backend to work with more FTP servers.
- evolution-mapi, a connector to Microsoft Exchange 2007, gained its own subversion module and has been proposed for 2.26.
- tracker got its indexer module API GObject oriented, this will allow easier bindings development and more flexible behaviour for modules.
- Glade gained a new editor for cell renderers.