October 28, 2012
This week… 1733 commits, in 182 projects, by 192 happy hackers (and 228 were translation commits).
- Shaun McCance implemented side-by-side link tiles in yelp-xsl.
- Emmanuele Bassi added typed initializers to json-glib.
- Bastien Nocera changed Totem to use scaletempo instead of soundpitch plugin.
- In gnome-shell-extensions Giovanni Campagna updated the alternative-status-menu extension.
- Matthias Clasen made zeitgeist optional again in folks.
- Jordi Mas added two new calculation games to gbrainy.
- In gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi added a notification when indexing remote documents takes a long time . (GNOME bug 660507)
- In gnome-boxes Alexander Larsson moved the “force shutdown” from the app menu to the properties view.
- Dan Winship ported glib-networking and libsoup to use GTask.
- Stefano Facchini added support for styling the dragged header in GTK+ tree view . (GNOME bug 684980)
- In pygobject Martin Pitt removed static MainLoop, MainContext, and some GSource bindings as they are now properly introspectable . (GNOME bug 686443)
- Emmanuel Pacaud added support for viewport-fill, viewport-opacity, and enable-background properties to lasem.
- In glib Colin Walters made g_variant_new_from_bytes() public . (GNOME bug 677062)
July 22, 2012
This week… 1965 commits, in 176 projects, by 239 happy hackers (and 372 were translation commits).
- Aleksander Morgado ported devhelp to GtkApplication, and got it an application menu . (GNOME bug 677927)
- In libgdata Philip Withnall added support for downloading thumbnails of Google Documents documents . (GNOME bug 656970)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added a week view to gnome-calendar.
- Dan Winship made glib-networking handle simultaneous operations, doing the handshake in a thread . (GNOME bug 656343, GNOME bug 660252)
- Jesse van den Kieboom merged the vala rewrite of gitg, it includes a nice diff view based on webkit.
- Jasper St. Pierre ported sushi to GtkApplication and gdbus . (GNOME bug 680221)
- In gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi added ‘find as you type’ while Anna Zacchi added a menu to the Preview toolbar.
- Marek Kasik added an “Options” dialog to the gnome-control-center printer panel, it allows users to set more options based on the printer PPD file.
- Emmanuele Bassi added step() and cubic-bezier() progress functions to clutter timeline object.
- In gnome-shell Giovanni Campagna landed the new screen shield, to replace gnome-screensaver when using the shell . (GNOME bug 619955)
- Also in gnome-shell Allan Day improved the calendar layout and legibitily.
- The advanced layer management functions that are being worked on by Paul Lange have been merged in pitivi . (GNOME bug 632319)
December 4, 2011
This week… 2239 commits, in 150 projects, by 214 happy hackers (and 137 were translation commits).
- Heinrich Müller added flagging of individual articles in Pan . (GNOME bug 651307)
- Mario Sanchez Prada replaced the adblock epiphany extension by a port of Midori adblocker, which is compatible with the EasyList subscriptions for “AdBlock Plus” ;. (GNOME bug 660154)
- Dan Winship added server-side session cache support to glib-networking gnutls backend . (GNOME bug 636574)
- Colin Walters updated gnome-settings-daemon to monitor for gnome-shell presence, and update the Gtk/ShellShowsAppMenu property accordingly.
- Vibha Yadav contributed support for delegation in evolution-ews . (GNOME bug 656376)
- In gnome-screensaver Antoine Jacoutot implemented OpenBSD authentication using bsd_auth (instead of PAM ). (GNOME bug 651554)
- Seif Lotfy added a new dashboard plugin to gedit, it displays a grid of recently/most used files upon opening a new tab . (GNOME bug 663466)
- Tom Tryfonidis contributed a redesign of the about: pages of Epiphany . (GNOME bug 665136)
- Alan Knowles added an (experimental) xorg extension to seed.
- In Orca Joanmarie Diggs added support for speech presentation of embedded object characters in WebKitGtk content.
- Milan Crha added “Listen for server notifications” option to mail, address book, and calendar parts of evolution-mapi.
- Rob Bradford added a first version of a “baremetal” backend for EGL on KMS to cogl.
- Takeshi Kurosawa contributed support for basic vertical writing to librsvg . (GNOME bug 664533)
November 20, 2011
This week… 1898 commits, in 205 projects, by 226 happy hackers (and 253 were translation commits).
- In libpeas Garrett Regier made it possible for all extensions to have multiple interfaces . (GNOME bug 626644)
- Pedro Ferreira contributed a new chapter on keyboard events to the gtkmm documentation . (GNOME bug 661857)
- In libgxps Carlos Garcia Campos added manpages for the xps manipulation command-line tools.
- David Zeuthen added a new “Format Disk” dialog to gnome-disk-utility.
- In gnome-boxes Marc-André Lureau added various stats (disk, network, CPU) to the machines.
- Jasper St. Pierre added an “update” view to extensions.gnome.org that the Shell can check on a cron job.
- Jens Georg changed rygel to batch URIs for thumbnail requests . (GNOME bug 661334)
- Sjoerd Simons changed empathy to let the hardware (pulseaudio) audio source control the volume, instead of amplifying in software.
- Dan Winship added support for unencrypted PKCS#8 keys to glib-networking . (GNOME bug 664321)
- Cosimo Cecchi pushed a first implementation of an “Organize” dialog into gnome-documents.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell ported gnomine from C to Vala.
- Hubert Figuière implemented undo for properties in Niepce.
- Shaun McCance simplified docbook bibliography handling in yelp-xsl.
- Nicolas Dufresne fixed glib to clear the proxy address upon retry . (GNOME bug 664141)
- Mike Fleetwood added labelling of brtfs filesystems into gparted.
August 28, 2011
This week… 2092 commits, in 192 projects, by 236 happy hackers (and 376 were translation commits).
- Jasper St. Pierre added a UI to the fail whale of gnome-session, for enabling and disabling Shell Extensions . (GNOME bug 656747)
- Philip Chimento migrated conglomerate away off deprecated GNOME libraries.
- Stef Walter added async initialization functions to gnome-keyring gck library.
- Dan Winship fixed handling of rehandshake requests in glib-networking.
- Richard Hughes contributed some initial documentation and figures for color management to gnome-user-docs.
- Aurimas Černius ported gnote to use gdbus.
- Cosimo Cecchi made a first cut at implementing the source selector page in gnome-documents.
- Shaun McCance added a MallardFormatter class to gobject-introspection and an experimental extension for API references to yelp-xsl.
- Vivien Malerba greatly improved the code and documentation of the web provider part of libgda.
- Alex Anthony ported alacarte to GTK+ 3 and PyGI.
- A wacom control panel has been added to gnome-control-center by Peter Hutterer.
- Giovanni Campagna made an easier API for GNOME Shell extensions that want to add items to the system status area . (GNOME bug 653205)
- Adel Gadllah added a screenshot d-bus interface to GNOME Shell, to be used by tools like gnome-screenshot . (GNOME bug 652952)
- In goffice Andreas J. Guelzow made various improvements to the handling of fractions of π.
- Aaron Borden updated tomboy to allow renaming of template notes . (GNOME bug 509147).
- The gvfs AFP (Apple Filing Protocol) that is Carl-Anton Ingmarsson GSOC work has landed.
- Alexander Larsson added an avatar picker to gnome-contacts.
August 7, 2011
This week… 1642 commits, in 165 projects, by 217 happy hackers (and 223 were translation commits).
- Jesse van den Kieboom added pre-commit and post-commit hook execution to gitg.
- Stef Walter implemented GTlsDatabase into glib-networking, an abstract object implemented by the various TLS backends, which is used by GTlsConnection to lookup certificates and keys, as well as verify certificate chains . (GNOME bug 636572)
- Stef Walter also ported libcryptui to use GSettings.
- In Rygel Luis de Bethencourt made the AVC_MP4 and AAC_ISO_320 transcoders configurable.
- Guillaume Desmottes changed Vinagre to default to 8 bit color depth for Telepathy tubes, as those connections are often slower than local connections . (GNOME bug 655415)
- Vincent Untz ported gnome-panel to use the new gnome-menus API . (GNOME bug 649327)
- Fabien Parent contributed support for user defined assembly syntax in Nemiver.
- Richard Hughes added a backlight helper to the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin, as xbacklight isn’t always present.
- Jasper St. Pierre made looking glass recognize new extensions as they are added to gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 654770)
- The new Evolution documentation, in Mallard and written and assembled by Andre Klapper has landed.
- Shaun McCance added support for a “button” style on link, in yelp-xsl.
- Support for rich text in legends has been added to goffice by Jean Bréfort.
- Cosimo Cecchi removed the built-in hover audio previewer from Nautilus, as there is now sushi.
- Joaquim Rocha added support for exporting to PDF in ocrfeeder.
- Bastien Nocera added a plugin to rotate videos to Totem . (GNOME bug 589399)
- Morten Welinder excised usage of libgnome* and bonobo from Gnumeric.
- In evolution-data-server Philip Withnall added support for getting and setting photos on contacts from Google Contacts, including caching support . (GNOME bug 619135)
November 28, 2010
This week… 2827 commits, in 163 projects, by 220 happy hackers (and 223 were translation commits).
- Cosimo Cecchi started porting the “removable media” preferences tab of Nautilus to be a new control center panel.
- A limit to the number of times gnome-session will try to restart an application has been added by Jon McCann; it’s still missing the display of en error dialog when such a situation happens . (GNOME bug 634762)
- Johannes Schmid added a new code analyser plugin to Anjuta, it uses clang and the results are displayed in the message pane like compiler errors.
- Pedro Castro improved the support for FAB Subtitler files in gnome-subtitles.
- Gabriel Burt added back a podcast browser to Banshee.
- After months of work TLS support has finally landed in glib, many thanks to Dan Winship, it adds an extension point into gio, and glib-networking provides a gnutls-based implementation . (GNOME bug 588189)
- Lucas Rocha started a nautilus extension for the-board; at the moment it allows adding photos to The Board.
- Alexander Larsson landed a “broadway” branch into GTK+, this adds a HTML backend to GTK+; he had written about this before in GTK+ 3 vs HTML 5.
- Maxim Ermilov made links in message banners of gnome shell clickable . (GNOME bug 610219)
- The “About GNOME” dialog has been removed, a new “System Information” panel should arrive to provide similar functionalities.
- Jon Drufresne added a “Show whitespace” preference for the comparison of files in meld . (GNOME bug 622342)
- A complete API break happened in libgrss as all object and function names have been moved to the “grss” namespace.
- Brandon Lewis maded it possible for the viewer widget in pitivi to be (un)docked.
- The gutters in GtkSourceView (typically used to draw line numbers on the side) have been improved by Jesse van den Kieboom, to remove some limitations in sizing and accurate user control.