May 10, 2009
This week… 1980 commits, in 184 projects, by 244 happy hackers (and 281 were translation commits).
- Alacarte switched from libglade to gtkbuilder (GNOME bug 577911) and Trevor Watkins published his work on a vala rewrite in the vala+gdesktopmenu branch.
- Anjuta git plugin now features a “amend” option in its commit dialog . (GNOME bug 580340)
- Eog gained a “set as background” command in its image context menu . (GNOME bug 581180)
- Tomas Bzatek fixed the gvfs FTP backend to parse file sizes over 4 gigabytes correctly.
- Robert Carr added a D-Bus module to Seed, he wrote about it in DBus, sandboxes, REPLs, Life.
- Alexander Larsson went through the lowlevel part of gnio, fixing all the issues he pointed out in his initial review, making it work fully on win32, writing docs, plus fixing lots of other things he found. He posted a status report, with some open questions.
- Jonh Wendell started refactoring Vinagre to make it a generic viewer, not just for VNC anymore.
- Vino, XChat-GNOME, deskbar-applet, gnome-system-monitor and Evolution changed to use g_timeout_add_seconds instead of g_timeout_add where appropriate . (GNOME bug 581204, GNOME bug 581094, GNOME bug 581207, GNOME bug 591099, GNOME bug 573830)