September 23, 2012
This week… 2841 commits, in 211 projects, by 260 happy hackers (and 1448 were translation commits).
- Giovanni Campagna’s port of gnome-applets to the new libgweather landed . (GNOME bug 678977)
- Øyvind Kolås updated gegl color-reduction operation to do the quantization and dithering in gamma space.
- In Gimp Michael Natterer ported the print and animation-play plugins to GEGL.
- Jens Georg added the possibility to set arbitrary HTTP headers to grilo . (GNOME bug 680436)
- In gedit-plugins Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated the colorpicker plugin to show overlayed an colorbutton when selecting an hex color.
- In gnome-shell Rui Matos added menu items for IBus Anthy’s InputMode and TypingMode . (GNOME bug 682314)
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb to save and restore the viewer sidebar state.
- Benjamin Otte landed CSS animation support into GTK+.
- Florian Müllner changed mutter to add a sad face in the force-quit dialog . (GNOME bug 684306)
- Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller ported Transmageddon to Python 3.
- Paolo Borelli made a first cut of an implementation of “Laps” support in gnome-clocks.
- Matthias Clasen fixed gnome-control-center to make Enterprise WPA work again.
September 2, 2012
This week… 2224 commits, in 227 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 608 were translation commits).
- Lucian Langa added parser and formatter modules to handle feed articles in evolution-rss.
- Mike Fleetwood contributed LVM2 Physical Volumes read and write support to gparted . (GNOME bug 670171)
- Florian Müllner added an application menu to sound juicer . (GNOME bug 675245)
- In gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi added a notification while tracker is indexing the file system . (GNOME bug 670995)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos reworked the toolbar of gnome-calendar to match the mockups.
- In gnome-clocks Paolo Borelli added stop and snooze buttons when an alarm is ringing.
- The port of GIMP filters to gegl operations, done as a Google Summer of Code project by Maxime Nicco and Hans Lo, has landed.
- Milan Crha fixed evolution-data-server to correctly use cached contacts first . (GNOME bug 682706)
- Philip Withnall added support for lazy initialisation of properties into folks.
- Pascal de Bruijn contributed support for the Arduino wifi shield to gnoduino.
- In clutter Emanuele Aina added support for panning in scrollable actors . (GNOME bug 681648)
- Sebastian Geiger improved the ‘print to file’ options in the print dialog of GTK +. (GNOME bug 682129)
- Paolo Bacchilega added the ability to load WebP images in gthumb.
- In gnome-shell Giovanni Campagna added a new lock screen menu to combine volume network and power . (GNOME bug 682540)
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon to not use IBus when running in fallback mode . (GNOME bug 679819)
- Claudio Saavedra ‘in-tab-overview’ branch of Epiphany has landed, it implements a replacement for the default page that shows a grid with the most visited pages.
August 26, 2012
This week… 2517 commits, in 248 projects, by 246 happy hackers (and 522 were translation commits).
- Tim-Philipp Müller ported brasero to GStreamer 1.0.
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added an overlay for the creation of events in gnome-calendar.
- Kalev Lember ported ghex to GtkApplication.
- Paolo Bacchilega fixed file-roller to restore file attributes after extraction . (GNOME bug 682513)
- Xavier Claessens changed Empathy to not show offline contacts by default.
- In pango Behdad Esfahbod fixed bidi implementation with regards to Unicode 5.2.0 . (GNOME bug 590183)
- Clément Coudoin contributed a new Asia map level to gcompris geography activity.
- In libsoup Gustavo Noronha Silva added SoupMultipartInputStream, for handling multipart responses . (GNOME bug 656684)
- Steffen Macke improved shape export in dia, allowing to draw connection points with special shapes.
- In GTK+ Lars Uebernickel added support for action namespaces to GtkModelMenu.
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon to apply XKB options . (GNOME bug 679075)
- Lionel Landwerlin added a zoom action to clutter . (GNOME bug 678427)
- Paolo Bacchilega added a new custom high quality scale function to gthumb.
- In gnome-clocks Seif Lotfy added support for storing edited alarms.
- The restyling of gnome-shell message tray has landed, Ana Risteska wrote about that in GNOME Summer Lovin’.
- Cosimo Cecchi changed gnome-font-viewer to load font names asynchronously.
August 5, 2012
This week… 1689 commits, in 166 projects, by 220 happy hackers (and 350 were translation commits).
- Paolo Bacchilega added an application menu to gthumb.
- Milan Crha updated evolution-ews to be able to read/write folder permissions.
- In gnome-clocks Eslam Mostafa commited a new design for the alarms dialog.
- Carlos Garcia Campos continued porting Epiphany to webkit2, this week the inspector and the disk cache.
- Matthias Clasen deprecated thread functions in gdk . (GNOME bug 680754)
- Lucian Langa initiated the gsettings migration of evolution-rss.
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen made the Create/Restore Disk Image dialogs non-modal.
- William Jon McCann added a way to rank search results in Nautilus, it gives each search hit a relevance score computed from the sum of proximity, recent, and text match bonuses . (GNOME bug 680163)
- Matthew Barnes added D-Bus interfaces to evolution-data-server for remote resource management.
- Jasper St. Pierre integrated gnome-initial-setup into gdm . (GNOME bug 678057)
- Ville Sokk added both a memory mapped file backend and a threaded memory map file backend to gegl.
- Richard Hughes changed the gnome-control-center to show hotspot details in a new sub-frame.
- Florian Müllner updated gnome-shell login screen user list to indicate whether users are logged in . (GNOME bug 658185)
- Morten Welinder improved inter-workbook calculations in Gnumeric.
July 8, 2012
This week… 1234 commits, in 151 projects, by 174 happy hackers (and 190 were translation commits).
- Oleksij Rempel created a branch porting gnome-media to the GStreamer 1.0 APIs . (GNOME bug 679381)
- In latexila Sébastien Wilmet made a new UI for the Build Tools Preferences.
- In pyatspi2 Mike Gorse wrapped all interfaces of at-spi . (GNOME bug 679044)
- Seif Lotfy changed the layout of single clock views in gnome-clocks . (GNOME bug 678862)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos started coding the event view part of gnome-calendar.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a switch to globally enable the dark theme preference to gnome-tweak-tool . (GNOME bug 677803)
- Philip Withnall added anti-linking support to folks, to prevent some contacts to be automatically linked . (GNOME bug 629537)
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen added support for ATA secure erase and non-cancelable jobs.
- Danielle Madeley removed ported the old Empathy themes to be proper Adium themes, this allowed the removal of a good chunk of code.
- Morten Welinder updated the non-linear solver in Gnumeric so it knows about constraints . (GNOME bug 620368)
- In gnome-devel-docs Marta Maria Casetti wrote new Python tutorials for treeview widgets.
- William Jon McCann migrated the Nautilus menu bar to a view menu button . (GNOME bug 676531)
- In rygel Jens Georg added a simple standalone player as an example; it’s a stand-alone UPnP renderer that renders any visual content in ASCII-art.
- Ana Risteska updated gnome-shell telepathy integration to not add log messages on presence changes . (GNOME bug 669508)
July 1, 2012
This week… 1816 commits, in 178 projects, by 214 happy hackers (and 243 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added a JsonValue type to json-glib, lighter than GValue.
- Brian Cameron updated gdm to reload config on SIGHUP.
- Emmanuel Pacaud added rotate and flip buttons to aravis viewer.
- Bertrand Lorentz switched Banshee to use Last.fm 2.0 API for scrobbling.
- Cosimo Cecchi added support for Google Drawings to libgdata . (GNOME bug 633548)
- In atk Alejandro Piñeiro added a default implementation of implementation for atk_util_[add/remove]_global_event_listener, a first step towards a multi-toolkit environment.
- In gnome-clocks Eslam Mostafa contributed the required bits for deleting clocks.
- Matthias Clasen added manual pages for all gvfs utilities.
- In gnome-contacts Florian Müllner added a search provider for GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 679002)
- Milan Crha fixed kerberos authentication in evolution-mapi.
- Guillaume Desmottes updated empathy new roster view to allow to send files using DnD . (GNOME bug 678524)
- Carlos Garcia Campos continued porting many parts of Epiphany to WebKit2, Claudio Saavedra helped too.
- Dan Winship added an explicit iterator for GMainContext sources to GLib, named GSourceIter . (GNOME bug 619329)
- Bastien Nocera removed the screenshot UI of Totem, making it flash the video instead, like GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 674640)
- Debarshi Ray updated gnome-online-accounts to enable Microsoft Exchange support by default.
June 17, 2012
This week… 1400 commits, in 146 projects, by 190 happy hackers (and 191 were translation commits).
- Jon Dowland updated sound-juicer to use musicbrainz 5 . (GNOME bug 676749)
- Jeffrey Stedfast fixed decoding of some RFC 2184 parameters in gmime.
- David Zeuthen updated gnome-disk-utility to show sample size and number of samples for benchmarks.
- Sergio Villar Senin fixed libsoup to not accept cookies for well known public domains . (GNOME bug 673802)
- Jeremy Whiting made libzeitgeist a hard dependency of folks . (GNOME bug 677428)
- Guillaume Desmottes landed a new roster view into Empathy.
- Christophe Fergeau added the possibility to disable SSL checks in librest . (GNOME bug 663786)
- In gnome control center Stef Walter implemented enterprise logins in add dialog . (GNOME bug 677548)
- Bastien Nocera changed gnome shell to always enable accessibility . (GNOME bug 678095)
- Eslam Mostafa updated gnome-clocks to respect the 12/24h global settings.
- In Meld Kai Willadsen added support for opening new tabs from D-Bus . (GNOME bug 616466)
- Cosimo Cecchi updated Nautilus to allow dropping of files to bookmarks . (GNOME bug 645353)