August 28, 2011
This week… 2092 commits, in 192 projects, by 236 happy hackers (and 376 were translation commits).
- Jasper St. Pierre added a UI to the fail whale of gnome-session, for enabling and disabling Shell Extensions . (GNOME bug 656747)
- Philip Chimento migrated conglomerate away off deprecated GNOME libraries.
- Stef Walter added async initialization functions to gnome-keyring gck library.
- Dan Winship fixed handling of rehandshake requests in glib-networking.
- Richard Hughes contributed some initial documentation and figures for color management to gnome-user-docs.
- Aurimas Černius ported gnote to use gdbus.
- Cosimo Cecchi made a first cut at implementing the source selector page in gnome-documents.
- Shaun McCance added a MallardFormatter class to gobject-introspection and an experimental extension for API references to yelp-xsl.
- Vivien Malerba greatly improved the code and documentation of the web provider part of libgda.
- Alex Anthony ported alacarte to GTK+ 3 and PyGI.
- A wacom control panel has been added to gnome-control-center by Peter Hutterer.
- Giovanni Campagna made an easier API for GNOME Shell extensions that want to add items to the system status area . (GNOME bug 653205)
- Adel Gadllah added a screenshot d-bus interface to GNOME Shell, to be used by tools like gnome-screenshot . (GNOME bug 652952)
- In goffice Andreas J. Guelzow made various improvements to the handling of fractions of π.
- Aaron Borden updated tomboy to allow renaming of template notes . (GNOME bug 509147).
- The gvfs AFP (Apple Filing Protocol) that is Carl-Anton Ingmarsson GSOC work has landed.
- Alexander Larsson added an avatar picker to gnome-contacts.
August 21, 2011
This week… 2080 commits, in 168 projects, by 244 happy hackers (and 325 were translation commits).
- Stef Walter refactored the asynchronous operation code in seahorse.
- Carlos Martín Nieto changed blam to use the db4o database engine for storage.
- Torsten Schönfeld made major improvements to the introspection support in Perl.
- A new chat input style, with smaller meta messages, has been pushed into gnome-shell by Allan Day.
- GNOME Contacts got an initial, and crude, dialog for linking contacts.
- Jiří Techet made the zoom animation in libchamplain configurable.
- The Aunt Mary game has been added back to Aisleriot by Christian Persch . (GNOME bug 325039)
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated the search popup of gedit to use CSS for styling.
- Shaun McCance speeded up urlencode calls in cache generation in yelp-xsl.
- Rodrigo Moya migrated the smartcard gnome-settings-daemon plugin from dbus-glib to gdbus.
- John Stowers added per-document preferences to gedit-latex.
- The new log window of Empathy got landed by Danielle Madeley.
- Matthew Barnes added a “security-method” property to evolution port entry.
- In Gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow added support for the HPFILTER, a function calculating the Hodrick Prescott Filter.
- The new font chooser dialog, developed by Alberto Ruiz, was merged into GTK+.
June 26, 2011
This week… 1645 commits, in 151 projects, by 203 happy hackers (and 270 were translation commits).
- Tom Callaway ported Emerillon to GTK+ 3 . (GNOME bug 649403)
- Richard Hughes added methods to control the backlight on each output in libgnome-desktop, to be used by the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin.
- Jon Nordby added introspection support to gegl-gtk.
- In Caribou Eitan Isaacson converted layout files to XML and made use of XSLT to make keyboard definitions easier.
- Bastien Nocera added the Chat account type to gnome-online-accounts and implemented it in the Google backend.
- Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse contributed a patch to libgtop to make CPU load retrieval work on OpenBSD.
- Alexander Larsson had some initial work done on an edit mode for gnome-contacts.
- A prototype of integration with the GNOME Online Accounts service has been added to Evolution by Matthew Barnes.
- Claudio Saavedra replaced the custom dbus-glib activation and uniqueness code of Epiphany by the use of GtkApplication.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved import/export of repeating rows from/to ODF files.
- Kevin Kofler contributed support for looking up Plasma services in GNOME PackageKit.
- Ray Strode made the gdm daemon use gnome-session session files instead of autostart.
June 19, 2011
This week… 2058 commits, in 165 projects, by 243 happy hackers (and 160 were translation commits).
- Vinicius Depizzol adapted the website footer to support selection of languages when available.
- Rodrigo Moya made the calendar backend of evolution-couchdb work with latest evolution-data-server.
- Luiz Armesto added appindicator support to billreminder.
- In gnome-utils GNOME Screenshot was updated to flash the area of the screen that is captured.
- Giovanni Campagna added support for converting JS Arrays to C arrays of any type, not just integers as before in gjs . (GNOME bug 646632)
- In gdm Ray Strode exported a library for being a greeter, this will make it easier for people to write external greeters.
- Alexander Larsson made gnome-contacts track phone status on IM presence.
- In yelp-xsl Shaun McCance added accessible titles on notes in DocBook and Mallard . (GNOME bug 613267)
- Andreas J. Guelzow improved support for export to xslx in Gnumeric.
- Rodrigo Moya added a new ‘Formats’ tab in the region settings panel.
- Robert Nordan contributed the possibility of mass exporting to HTML of Tomboy notes . (GNOME bug 356871)
- In GTK+ Benjamin Otte implemented support for multiple border colors.
- Joanmarie Diggs removed magnification settings from Orca, as it’s now controlled by gnome-shell mag and the Universal Access tools . (GNOME bug 652241)
June 12, 2011
This week… 2184 commits, in 181 projects, by 241 happy hackers (and 323 were translation commits).
- In tomboy Alex Tereschenko added a new addin for removing broken links from notes.
- Alexander Larsson worked on various things in gnome-contacts, including an initial cut at new details field layout with buttons and some work on notes support.
- Eitan Isaacson introduced a GTK+ 3 input method module into Caribou.
- Support for long press detection has been added to Clutter by Emmanuele Bassi.
- In Planner Caolan McNamara added a display of the date in status bar for resource usage view as well as in the Gantt view.
- Cosimo Cecchi contributed various fixes and improvements to the dark variant of Adwaita.
- David King removed the bookmarks side panel of Vinagre.
- John Stowers added annotations for default values in theme combo boxes of the GNOME Tweak Tool.
- Xan Lopez added suggestions to correct misspellings to the context menu when right-clicking on a misspelled word in Epiphany.
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort merged the new log window into Empathy.
- In GNOME Subtitles Pedro Castro added initial support for splitting and merging subtitles.
- Philip Withnall removed the old authentication API of libgdata in favour of a new GDataAuthorizer API, and added an OAuth 1.0 authoriser . (GNOME bug 646285)
- Paolo Bacchilega ported goobox to GtkApplication.
- Guillaume Desmottes added a Telepathy Approver and Handler into GNOME Shell, this will make the Empathy tray icon stop blicking when receiving new channels.
- Richard Hughes added optional colord support to the CUPS print module of GTK+.