October 9, 2011
This week… 1979 commits, in 218 projects, by 220 happy hackers (and 405 were translation commits).
- Carlos Garcia Campos added API docs and introspection support to libgxps.
- In gnome-keyring Stef Walter completed the PKCS#11 import dialog.
- The “margins” branch landed in Glade, it’s now posible to change widget margins using the mouse, thanks to Juan Pablo Ugarte.
- Jakub Steiner contributed a gorgeous icon for Boxes.
- Torsten Schönfeld added support for implementing interfaces and object vfuncs into perl-Glib-Object-Introspection.
- Debarshi Ray optimized note creation, renaming and deletion in gnote, updating the note tree instead of reconstructing it anew every time . (GNOME bug 660663)
- Christophe Dumez improved the bulk contact removal code in evolution-data-server addressbook component.
- Christian Schaller added an HTML5 preset to Transmageddon.
- Ming Han Teh contributed drag’n'drop support for adding wallpapers into the gnome-control-center background panel . (GNOME bug 655375)
- In GNOME Shell Matthias Clasen updated contact search to match on more fields, making it closer to the way it works in gnome-contacts . (GNOME bug 660580)
- Andreas J. Guelzow added some extra code to gnumeric xls import to fix border consistency in 1C generated files.
- Matthew Barnes used new GtkApplication features to trim off redundancies in Evolution EShell.
- Murray Cumming changed Glom to generated a standard print layout instead of an HTML file, when printing the details view.
August 28, 2011
This week… 2092 commits, in 192 projects, by 236 happy hackers (and 376 were translation commits).
- Jasper St. Pierre added a UI to the fail whale of gnome-session, for enabling and disabling Shell Extensions . (GNOME bug 656747)
- Philip Chimento migrated conglomerate away off deprecated GNOME libraries.
- Stef Walter added async initialization functions to gnome-keyring gck library.
- Dan Winship fixed handling of rehandshake requests in glib-networking.
- Richard Hughes contributed some initial documentation and figures for color management to gnome-user-docs.
- Aurimas Černius ported gnote to use gdbus.
- Cosimo Cecchi made a first cut at implementing the source selector page in gnome-documents.
- Shaun McCance added a MallardFormatter class to gobject-introspection and an experimental extension for API references to yelp-xsl.
- Vivien Malerba greatly improved the code and documentation of the web provider part of libgda.
- Alex Anthony ported alacarte to GTK+ 3 and PyGI.
- A wacom control panel has been added to gnome-control-center by Peter Hutterer.
- Giovanni Campagna made an easier API for GNOME Shell extensions that want to add items to the system status area . (GNOME bug 653205)
- Adel Gadllah added a screenshot d-bus interface to GNOME Shell, to be used by tools like gnome-screenshot . (GNOME bug 652952)
- In goffice Andreas J. Guelzow made various improvements to the handling of fractions of π.
- Aaron Borden updated tomboy to allow renaming of template notes . (GNOME bug 509147).
- The gvfs AFP (Apple Filing Protocol) that is Carl-Anton Ingmarsson GSOC work has landed.
- Alexander Larsson added an avatar picker to gnome-contacts.
July 10, 2011
This week… 2403 commits, in 164 projects, by 215 happy hackers (and 278 were translation commits).
- For Giggle Sebastien Ponce implemented different ways to look at diffs: by hunks, by file or all at once.
- Toms Baugis made the first steps towards a gnome shell extension for Hamster.
- Stef Walter updated gnome-keyring to use p11-kit for module loading, messages, and URI parsing.
- Florian Müllner made it possible for a Mutter theme to use custom colors from the GTK+ theme.
- GNOME Shell was changed by Guillaume Desmottes to the number of unread messages in the notification icons.
- In Empathy Emilio Pozuelo Monfort flipped the video preview horizontally to match what is being done in other applications . (GNOME bug 639353)
- Richard Hughes moved power management functionalities into a new gnome-settings-daemon plugin.
- Øyvind Kolås added a performance tracking framework to Clutter.
- Rodrigo Moya added a System tab to the region system settings panel.
- Andreas J. Guelzow added an interface for conditional background formatting of Gnumeric cells.
- David Zeuthen added support for DeviceAutomountHint in gnome-disk-utility . (GNOME bug 653184)
October 10, 2010
This week… 1988 commits, in 187 projects, by 228 happy hackers (and 349 were translation commits).
- Too many modules to list were ported to use upstream gettext instead of the glib version, and to GTK+ 3, be it complete ports or updates to match recent changes.
- William Jon McCann added a “persistence” server capability to notification-daemon, and the corresponding support in libnotify; this will allow clients to determine if the server will only show transient notifications or has notification persistence. If the server supports persistence then the client should not perform its own message persistence (for example by showing a status icon).
- Hans Breuer fixed the saving of some display settings (antialiasing, snap-to-object…) in Dia . (GNOME bug 155929)
- Meld was modified to use Myers matcher for inline differences (part of GNOME bug 587410).
- An “Edit Image” toolbar button hs been added to eog, conditionnally enabled if a specific image editor is specified in GSettings . (GNOME bug 609958)
- Florian Müllner published an “overview-relayout” branch of GNOME Shell, inaugurating his blog with a From the land of Shell post.
- Sanford Armstrong ported the note XML to HTML transformation that happens in Snowy to the lxml library (GNOME bug 631189).
- In Brasero Philippe Rouquier added a new check for the volume free space when creating an image.
- The control panel of GNOME Color Manager has been split into four tabs to reduce the window height.
- Thomas Wood started implementing new UI designs from Jakup Steiner and Hylke Bons for the datetime configuration panel.
- The “ui-widgets” branch has been merged into gnome-keyring, Stef Walter posted about it in Certificate and Key Widgets.
- Luca Bruno started adding Brtfs-handling modules to gparted.
- In glib Ryan Lortie added GSettings APIs for range and choices . (GNOME bug 631263)
- And in GTK+ Cody Russell added resize grips to GtkWindow, and Matthias Clasen also posted about it in Getting a grip.
June 20, 2010
This week… 2299 commits, in 199 projects, by 257 happy hackers (and 362 were translation commits).
- This week again a few modules were ported to gsettings, this is the case for GNOME Shell, Brasero, Empathy and the GNOME Bluetooth nautilus-sendto plugin.
- girparser, from gobject-introspection, got support for an introspectable=no attribute, to replace the hackish pre-filter for varargs with a much more generic mechanism . (GNOME bug 621570)
- Robert Ancell made dconf-editor understand and display configuration schemas.
- Jonh Wendell added the possibility to specifiy an alternative ssh port when doing tunnels in Vinagre . (GNOME bug 621809)
- Matthias Clasen ported accounts-dialog to be a control-center panel, this is done in the control-center-panel branch.
- Maxim Ermilov added animated display of startup notifications to GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 598349)
- Totem has been ported to the new libpeas for plugin handling . (GNOME bug 604830)
- Garrett Regier added support for gobject introspection to gedit (GNOME bug 621549)
- F-Spot has been switched to use bilinear scaling for thumbnails . (GNOME bug 621881)
- Stef Walter fixed a deadlock on secure memory usage in gnome-keyring.
- Around the Summer of Code projects, Stéphane Maniaci added a basic flickr fetcher to ease, to grab pictures from flickr, Luca Invernizzi added a new two-way synchronization engine to Getting Things GNOME, Alexander Saprykin implemented GIO async read/write support to his totem chapter plugin, and other students also did much work…
March 21, 2010
This week… 2398 commits, in 234 projects, by 289 happy hackers (and 834 were translation commits).
- The 2.30 release is approaching fast and translators are hard at work, French and Russian are already totally translated, and 30 teams are over the 90% bar. The most impressive progress this week has been the Lithuanian team, coordinated by Gintautas Miliauskas, that improved from 84 to 89%.
- Banshee lyrics plugin got support for the lyricsplugin.com database . (GNOME bug 612958)
- The GNOME Keyring has been fixed not to store session keyring on disk . (GNOME bug 612977)
- Daniel P. Berrange worked hard on gtk-vnc, substanctally improving and modernising the code.
- GNOME Volume Control got a speaker testing UI, Bastien Nocera blogged about it in Speaker testing . (GNOME bug 519438)
- Yelp 3.0 branch got support for a basic “back” button.
- Thanks to a patch by Marc Deslauriers GNOME Power Manager got support to communicate with GNOME Screensaver running as a D-Bus service . (GNOME bug 609031)
- Andrea Cimitan added a new option to the Murrine theme engine to draw smooth separators.
- The GNOME Shell has been changed to use a single button to toggle between linear and grid view . (GNOME bug 610801)
- The VTE library got introspection support . (GNOME bug 604837)