June 28, 2009
This week… 1811 commits, in 183 projects, by 217 happy hackers (and 226 were translation commits).
- Evince was changed to output straight PDF for printers supporting PDF natively . (GNOME bug 585442)
- Evolution gained an inline view of application/mbox attachments . (GNOME bug 464131)
- A problem with RSA key size that were not a multiple of 8 has been fixed in gnome-keyring . (GNOME bug 576700)
- A new theme, Moblesse, has been added to the experimental GTK+ CSS theme engine.
- Milan Crha fixed several issues and improved the performance of the evolution-data-server CalDAV backend.
- Philippe Rouquier commited a new layout for the Brasero user interface: the medium selector is still inside the main window and on clicking burn a dialog appears to set the session burning options
- In both libgoffice and gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved Open Document Format support (number style output, scientific number output, time and date styles, import of currency symbols, and much more).
- F-Spot Adjust Time dialog, and gnome-session windows, have been ported from libglade to GtkBuilder.
- A Python binding for libbrasero-burn has been added to gnome-python-desktop.
- As explained in his Data about Data weblog post, Alexander Larsson added metadata support in gvfs, and already made Nautilus use it.
- Empathy has been updated to use gnome-session instead of gnome-screensaver to know when the session is idle.
- Benjamin Otte did some research on the GTK+ file chooser performance
(explained in a tale of waiting message in the
gtk-devel-list, be sure to also read the followup messages), and pushed a new “filesystemmodel” branch to publicize his work.
June 21, 2009
This week… 2062 commits, in 182 projects, by 247 happy hackers (and 281 were translation commits).
- In the “content-sniffing” branch, Gustavo Noronha Silva started to implement content sniffing in libsoup, including the HTML5 algorithm that sniffs content served as “text/plain” by web servers.
- Hubert Figuiere fixed a bug when printing date/tome values with 0 micro-second, making gnote timestamps compatible with tomboy . (GNOME bug 581844)
- File Roller gained support for lzip and xz compression formats (GNOME bug 579467, GNOME bug 582237).
- The “Palimpset” Disk Utility now uses the new GtkInfoBar to show job progress, there are two screenshots available ((1) and (2)).
- Stefan Walter started working on a DBus API to gnome-keyring secrets, it is currently developed in the “dbus-api” branch.
- Shaun McCance merged Mallard support into both Yelp and gnome-doc-utils.
- GTK+ gained support for special icons for XDG user dirs, this will allow themes to provide different icons for the Documents, Downloads, Music… folders . (GNOME bug 541276)
- Paul Cutler applied a serie of patches to GNOME User Docs (both User Guide and Accessibility Guide), fixing typos and updating them to match the current desktop reality.
- Rhythmbox command line control program (rhythmbox-client) got support for song rating . (GNOME bug 583108)
- Support for touchpad parameters has been added to gnome-settings-daemon (GNOME bug 578444), it still needs a matching patch to be applied in the control center to have a new Touchpad tab in the Mouse Preferences (GNOME bug 154029)
February 1, 2009
This week… 1687 commits, in 167 projects, by 184 happy hackers (and 391 were translation commits).
- In Conduit, John Stowers added a new dataprovider that changes the desktop wallpaper, and suggests connecting to a flickr RSS feed…
- Sound Juicer media support has been ported from libnautilusburn to libbrasero-media . (GNOME bug 567286)
- After much testing Behdad Esfahbod removed the ClassDef->Defined field in Pango, and the associated special-handling code; he wrote “The special-casing was consuming lots of memory. EIGHT MEGABYTES for loading DejaVu Sans! While this could be complete fixed, I decided to remove the special-handling code altogether. I don’t think it will make any real difference, and if it does, we’ll fix fonts.”; in another commit he also saved over 2000 alloc calls when loading DejaVu Sans.
- Deskbar got an OpenSearch module . (GNOME bug 528184)
- Cosimo Cecchi implemented write support for the ObexFTP gvfs backend . (GNOME bug 519071)
- Following libnotify acceptance as an external dependency, Empathy got support and will now show a popup notification when receiving a new message.
- Ryan Lortie added _async functions for GDataInputStream (async versions of read_line and read_until ). (GNOME bug 568575)
- file-roller got ported to use gtkbuilder instead of libglade.
- A good bunch of memory leaks were fixed in brasero.
- The Volume Control balance widget got updated to use the new GTK+ scale marks.
- Banshee got a basic clutter UI for rendering the video texture from the clutter sink in the media pipeline.
- Theppitak Karoonboonyanan went on building modules out of their source trees and filed bugs and patches against those failing, many of those issues are already fixed (in gnome-settings-daemon, Ekiga, Brasero and gnome-keyring).
- Callum McKenzie finally killed the last bit of libgnome in gnome-applets; and returned the mixer applet.
- Long standing GTK+ bug (lastly spotted in a post on Planet Gnome by Ruben Vermeersch) got nailed with a patch from Simos Xenitellis . (GNOME bug 162726)
- Rhythmbox improved its handling of transcoding format selection for MTP devices, now preferring MP3 over M4A/AAC . (GNOME bug 567524)
- Pavel Kostyuchenko work on Anjuta/Glade3 integration (part of GSoC, see project his proposal) finally got commited . (GNOME bug 542412)