May 13, 2012
This week… 1323 commits, in 145 projects, by 199 happy hackers (and 221 were translation commits).
- Florian Müllner added a minimal application menu to gnome-dictionary.
- Jakub Steiner incorporated redesigned glyphs by Valek Filippov into cantarell-fonts.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed read and write of rich-text graph titles to/from ODF (GNOME bug 675821)
- Steven Garcia added support for PHP in Dia code generation tool.
- Cosimo Cecchi added an application menu for the interactive window of gnome-screenshot . (GNOME bug 674947)
- The gnome-control-center gained an animated notebook, thanks to Bastien Nocera and gtk-clutter.
- In Empathy Xavier Claessens added a pointer to a fallback server for Windows Live Messenger accounts.
- Milan Crha made the subject field in Evolution composer window support spellchecking . (GNOME bug 200683)
- Tiffany Antopolski contributed comments to many of the vala examples in gnome-devel-docs.
- In gnome-boxes Zeeshan Ali improved the naming of new virtual machines . (GNOME bug 674328)
- In GTK+ Benjamin Otte reduced the complexity of the icon view sizing code, and redid its layouting.
- Richard Hughes changed gnome-packagekit to use a prettier, smaller, info panel.
- In gdm Ray Strode enabled smooth transition between plymouth and X . (GNOME bug 572173)
January 22, 2012
This week… 1964 commits, in 174 projects, by 203 happy hackers (and 247 were translation commits).
- Maciej Piechotka added a ArrayQueue data structure to libgee.
- Patches from Christophe Fergeau to port sound-juicer to musicbrainz4 have landed at last.
- In Banshee Andrés Aragoneses split RockBox support co into its own class.
- Krzesimir Nowak changed rygel to append extensions to served files.
- Bastien Nocera added support for pairing the iCade into gnome-bluetooth.
- Shaun McCance improved Yelp by making Mallard documents auto-reload on changes.
- In Tomboy Aaron Borden fixed template syncing . (GNOME bug 665679)
- In gnome-contacts Alexander Larsson added support for changing the primary address book.
- Zeeshan Ali changed gnome-boxes to add devices based on what is supported by the OS; the information about device support comes from libosinfo . (GNOME bug 666739)
- Matthias Clasen added optional systemd support to gnome-packagekit, to make it use systemd instead of ConsoleKit for rebooting . (GNOME bug 666788)
- Joseph Scheuhammer contributed a dialog for zoom options into the universal access control center panel . (GNOME bug 643086)
- David Zeuthen merged his udisks2 port of gnome-disk-utility.
- In GLib Dan Winship added multicast-related functions to GSocket . (GNOME bug 626589)
- Alexia Death added axis labels to dynamics curves and curveview in Gimp.
- Patricia Santana Cruz added videos and picture sharing support, via nautilus-sendto, to Cheese . (GNOME bug 522210)
June 26, 2011
This week… 1645 commits, in 151 projects, by 203 happy hackers (and 270 were translation commits).
- Tom Callaway ported Emerillon to GTK+ 3 . (GNOME bug 649403)
- Richard Hughes added methods to control the backlight on each output in libgnome-desktop, to be used by the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin.
- Jon Nordby added introspection support to gegl-gtk.
- In Caribou Eitan Isaacson converted layout files to XML and made use of XSLT to make keyboard definitions easier.
- Bastien Nocera added the Chat account type to gnome-online-accounts and implemented it in the Google backend.
- Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse contributed a patch to libgtop to make CPU load retrieval work on OpenBSD.
- Alexander Larsson had some initial work done on an edit mode for gnome-contacts.
- A prototype of integration with the GNOME Online Accounts service has been added to Evolution by Matthew Barnes.
- Claudio Saavedra replaced the custom dbus-glib activation and uniqueness code of Epiphany by the use of GtkApplication.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved import/export of repeating rows from/to ODF files.
- Kevin Kofler contributed support for looking up Plasma services in GNOME PackageKit.
- Ray Strode made the gdm daemon use gnome-session session files instead of autostart.
November 7, 2010
This week… 1795 commits, in 177 projects, by 252 happy hackers (and 317 were translation commits).
- Robert Ancell updated gnome-nettool to use gsettings (GNOME bug 625900), he also fixed autocompletion and dropdown history.
- Roberto Majadas pushed his win32 branch of nanny, the GNOME parental control application.
- A simple distribution upgrade tool using PackageKit has been started by Richard Hughes, he blogged about it in Preupgrade, meet PackageKit.
- Empathy has been fixed to to support multiple telephone fields . (GNOME bug 630421)
- Sandy Armstrong started an HTML5 offline note application built on jQuery Mobile, for snowy.
- The media-keys gnome-settings-daemon plugin has been ported to GDBus by Bastien Nocera . (GNOME bug 634104)
- Also in gnome-settings-daemon Rodrigo Moya added a settings key to disable boot time configuration of XRandR configuration . (GNOME bug 631388)
- Paolo Bacchilega added Windows Imaging Format (.wim, .swm) support to file-roller.
- Holger Berndt added the possibility to register an external bulk rename tool in Nautilus . (GNOME bug 306489)
- Jim Evins refined the barcode objects in glables, drawing a outline and using a more sophisticated test to determine if the cursor is on a barcode object.
- Johannes Shmid ported Anjuta to GTK+ 3, and started the work to port Glade, on the “offscreen-gtk3″ branch. Also in the GTK+ 3 port serie, Thomas H.P. Andersen ported gnotski (from gnome games) and Ignacio Casal Quinteiro ported gtranslator.
- In GTK+ 3 itself Alexander Larsson added GtkRadioGroup, a group of object having radiobutton like behaviour, and Bastien Nocera added support for a custom GtkAssistant page type . (GNOME bug 576498)
June 27, 2010
This week… 2629 commits, in 209 projects, by 282 happy hackers (and 315 were translation commits).
- GSettings ports again, nautilus-sendto, gcalctool were both switched this week to use GSettings. nautilus-sendto has also been ported to GTK+ 3.0, and Rygel as well.
- OpenID support has been added to Snowy, the web companion of Tomboy.
- Daniel P. Berrange added support for colourmap based pixel formats to gtk-vnc, his patch implements full support for rendering from colourmaps, this should improve performances in low bandwidth situations.
- The notification-daemon got support for multiple screens and monitor changes (GNOME bug 622552)
- Christian Persch ported the SVGZ support in librsvg so it can use GZlibDecompressor instead of libgsf . (GNOME bug 621699)
- Damon Chaplin worked quite a lot on a new API for goocanvas, in the new-api branch of goocanvas…
- GNOME Shell got support for icon buttons in notifications, thanks to Matt Novenstern . (GNOME bug 621014)
- Morten Welinder fixed the excessive memory usage of gnumeric related to column styles when reading xslx files . (GNOME bug 622365)
- Michael J. Chudobiak switched the documentation of gthumb to Mallard.
- In Empathy support for importing old Missing Control 4 accounts has been removed.
- Bastien Nocera ported the sound preferences dialog to be a panel in the new control center; and Richard Hughes ported the preferences dialog of GNOME PackageKit.
- The GNOME Panel got support for gobject-introspection, for its panel applet library . (GNOME bug 622341)
- In Vinagre Jonh Wendell implemented the “take screenshot” command for the SSH connections.
- In the land of GSOC students Jamie Nicol finished off the profile view (screenshot), Stéphane Maniaci added some informations about the photos imported from Flickr (titles, descriptions, authors), Michel Hruby started a Totem plugin to allow searching for recent media, and other students were also hard at work.
June 6, 2010
This week… 1883 commits, in 194 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 372 were translation commits).
- Christian Persch added a backend using GDBus to libunique (GNOME bug 618723).
- In the same vain both libbonobo and nautilus have been ported to use GDBus.
- In another important transition Richard Hughes ported gnome-packagekit and gnome-power-manager to GSettings.
- Maxim Ermilov modified GNOME Shell app view to have sections, based on the categories from desktop files . (GNOME bug 614131)
- John Palmieri added the gtk-demo app, and a couple of demos, to the the pygi repository.
- Per-line staging and unstaging has been made possibile in the gitg git frontend.
- Robert Carr added a theme chooser, and several themes, to his Glide presentation tool.
- In the Ease presentation tool Nate Stedman added transition previews in the inspector.
- Evolution-data-server got the necessary code to connect via a SOCKS4 proxy.
- Yelp got a “Read Later” feature, Shaun McCance wrote about it on his blog: Read It Later With Yelp.
- Ruben Vermeersch worked on the import code of f-spot.
- An initial universal access module and UI has been added to the gnome-control-center by Thomas Wood.
- During his SoC Alex Launi abstracted the context pane logic of Banshee so that the context pane and the now playing area can work independently while sharing the same backend content.
- Yuvi Panga spent his second week replicating most of the UI of Cheese in Vala, making the thumbnail widget work, and implementing a fullscreen mode.
February 7, 2010
This week… 1643 commits, in 181 projects, by 231 happy hackers (and 348 were translation commits).
- Quinten Lansu provided a patch for Eye of GNOME to make it possible to select a random image from the collection.
- Banshee dropped both his glade and libgnome (well, gnome-sharp) dependencies . (GNOME bug 589705 and GNOME bug 587320)
- David Zeuthen implemented Expansion for Linux’s MD RAID, there are even screenshots.
- Vinagre got the necessary support to specify an username for SSH connections . (GNOME bug 603736)
- Thanks to Jorge Silva a spanish keyboard layout got added to Caribou, the new onscreen keyboard (GNOME bug 608744)
- Accounts-dialog got a better password strength indicator.
- GNOME-PackageKit got support for the InstallPrinterDrivers command.
- The GVariant serialiser has been merged into glib.
- Kupfer gained the possibility to load plugins at runtime.
- In Nanny Cesar Garcia Tapia added a new dialog to update custom filters, and support for packaged filters configurations.
October 11, 2009
This week… 1940 commits, in 179 projects, by 246 happy hackers (and 367 were translation commits).
- Nautilus gained a “copy anyway” option in the error dialog it displays when there is not enough space on the destination . (GNOME bug 324361)
- Richard Hugues probably added Super Cow Powers to gnome-packagekit, carefully hiding this fact in 50 commits with “Moo”, or a slight variation, as commit message.
- Ryan Lortie merged the various dconf* utilities in a single “dconf” tool, also he added API documentation.
- The gtk-2.90 branch was created and saw the removal of many deprecated widgets and functions.
- Devhelp got a new fullscreen mode, mostly thanks to code from gedit.
- In Evolution Matthew Barnes finally got pane size restoration to play nicely with maximised windows . (GNOME bug 593612)
- gok has been migrated to use GtkBuilder instead of libglade . (GNOME bug 582504)
- gvfs has been fixed to display the overwrite dialog when restoring already existing files from trash . (GNOME bug 596618)
- Rhythmbox has been ported to use gnome-session for inhibition support, inhibiting the session to go idle (thus preventing gnome-power-manager from suspending the computer due to inactivity ). (GNOME bug 596573)
- Marina Zhurakhinskaya extented GNOME Shell application search to match on menu categories . (GNOME bug 597153)