October 14, 2012
This week… 1540 commits, in 234 projects, by 207 happy hackers (and 365 were translation commits).
- Alexander Larsson imported the gvfs-test test frameworks from Martin Pitt into the gvfs source tree.
- In gxml Richard Schwarting added examples in C, Vala, JS, and Python on how to create and save documents.
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added a new widget to handle 24-hour format time in gnome-calendar.
- Richard Hughes changed gnome-color-manager to have a ‘Show details’ button for already-installed profiles.
- In folks Jeremy Whiting contributed a new Ofono backend to read contacts from SIM cards.
- Ondrej Holy added trackball detection to gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 685941)
- Paolo Bacchilega fixed the creation of hard links in file-roller . (GNOME bug 686061)
- In glib, Dan Winship landed GTask, this is a replacement for GSimpleAsyncResult and GIOScheduler, that also allows for making cancellable wrappers around non-cancellable functions . (GNOME bug 661767)
- Morten Welinder fixed the performance of gnumeric when writing a xslx file.
- Aurimas Černius added an application menu to gnote.
- Daniel Stone ported clutter to the new Wayland and xkbcommon APIs.
- Jasper St. Pierre included a new code style/hacking guide into gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 661241)
- Xan Lopez removed support for extensions in Epiphany, see bug report for rationale . (GNOME bug 685630)
- David Zeuthen started reworking the “Create RAID Array” dialog of gnome-disk-utility.
September 23, 2012
This week… 2841 commits, in 211 projects, by 260 happy hackers (and 1448 were translation commits).
- Giovanni Campagna’s port of gnome-applets to the new libgweather landed . (GNOME bug 678977)
- Øyvind Kolås updated gegl color-reduction operation to do the quantization and dithering in gamma space.
- In Gimp Michael Natterer ported the print and animation-play plugins to GEGL.
- Jens Georg added the possibility to set arbitrary HTTP headers to grilo . (GNOME bug 680436)
- In gedit-plugins Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated the colorpicker plugin to show overlayed an colorbutton when selecting an hex color.
- In gnome-shell Rui Matos added menu items for IBus Anthy’s InputMode and TypingMode . (GNOME bug 682314)
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb to save and restore the viewer sidebar state.
- Benjamin Otte landed CSS animation support into GTK+.
- Florian Müllner changed mutter to add a sad face in the force-quit dialog . (GNOME bug 684306)
- Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller ported Transmageddon to Python 3.
- Paolo Borelli made a first cut of an implementation of “Laps” support in gnome-clocks.
- Matthias Clasen fixed gnome-control-center to make Enterprise WPA work again.
September 16, 2012
This week… 2999 commits, in 265 projects, by 306 happy hackers (and 771 were translation commits).
- Active work continued on the release-notes, with many contributions from Olav Vitters, Juanjo Marín, Andre Klapper, Matthias Clasen, and others.
- W. Michael Petullo contributed a DMAP plugin to Grilo . (GNOME bug 652516)
- In gdm Colin Walters did a major cleanup of greeter environment setup . (GNOME bug 630485)
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb to install the app menu only gnome-shell is running.
- Sébastien Wilmet added SyncTeX support to latexila, using the gedit synctex plugin as a basis.
- In gnome-panel Jeremy Bicha rearranged the user menu items to match GNOME Shell 3.6 . (GNOME bug 683650)
- Jasper St. Pierre reworked the grabbing code of gnome-shell to properly handle stacking . (GNOME bug 683546)
- In Nautilus William Jon McCann added a spinner when computing the contents of folders . (GNOME bug 78789)
- Jean Bréfort added a new scattered min-max plot type to goffice . (GNOME bug 683493)
- Matthias Clasen landed a serie of refinements to the gnome-control-center network panel.
- Sergio Villar Senin updated SoupBodyInputStream from libsoup to make it seekable . (GNOME bug 665884)
September 2, 2012
This week… 2224 commits, in 227 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 608 were translation commits).
- Lucian Langa added parser and formatter modules to handle feed articles in evolution-rss.
- Mike Fleetwood contributed LVM2 Physical Volumes read and write support to gparted . (GNOME bug 670171)
- Florian Müllner added an application menu to sound juicer . (GNOME bug 675245)
- In gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi added a notification while tracker is indexing the file system . (GNOME bug 670995)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos reworked the toolbar of gnome-calendar to match the mockups.
- In gnome-clocks Paolo Borelli added stop and snooze buttons when an alarm is ringing.
- The port of GIMP filters to gegl operations, done as a Google Summer of Code project by Maxime Nicco and Hans Lo, has landed.
- Milan Crha fixed evolution-data-server to correctly use cached contacts first . (GNOME bug 682706)
- Philip Withnall added support for lazy initialisation of properties into folks.
- Pascal de Bruijn contributed support for the Arduino wifi shield to gnoduino.
- In clutter Emanuele Aina added support for panning in scrollable actors . (GNOME bug 681648)
- Sebastian Geiger improved the ‘print to file’ options in the print dialog of GTK +. (GNOME bug 682129)
- Paolo Bacchilega added the ability to load WebP images in gthumb.
- In gnome-shell Giovanni Campagna added a new lock screen menu to combine volume network and power . (GNOME bug 682540)
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon to not use IBus when running in fallback mode . (GNOME bug 679819)
- Claudio Saavedra ‘in-tab-overview’ branch of Epiphany has landed, it implements a replacement for the default page that shows a grid with the most visited pages.
August 26, 2012
This week… 2517 commits, in 248 projects, by 246 happy hackers (and 522 were translation commits).
- Tim-Philipp Müller ported brasero to GStreamer 1.0.
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added an overlay for the creation of events in gnome-calendar.
- Kalev Lember ported ghex to GtkApplication.
- Paolo Bacchilega fixed file-roller to restore file attributes after extraction . (GNOME bug 682513)
- Xavier Claessens changed Empathy to not show offline contacts by default.
- In pango Behdad Esfahbod fixed bidi implementation with regards to Unicode 5.2.0 . (GNOME bug 590183)
- Clément Coudoin contributed a new Asia map level to gcompris geography activity.
- In libsoup Gustavo Noronha Silva added SoupMultipartInputStream, for handling multipart responses . (GNOME bug 656684)
- Steffen Macke improved shape export in dia, allowing to draw connection points with special shapes.
- In GTK+ Lars Uebernickel added support for action namespaces to GtkModelMenu.
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon to apply XKB options . (GNOME bug 679075)
- Lionel Landwerlin added a zoom action to clutter . (GNOME bug 678427)
- Paolo Bacchilega added a new custom high quality scale function to gthumb.
- In gnome-clocks Seif Lotfy added support for storing edited alarms.
- The restyling of gnome-shell message tray has landed, Ana Risteska wrote about that in GNOME Summer Lovin’.
- Cosimo Cecchi changed gnome-font-viewer to load font names asynchronously.
August 12, 2012
This week… 2287 commits, in 213 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 508 were translation commits).
- Tim-Philipp Müller ported sushi to GStreamer 1.0 . (GNOME bug 680425)
- Ryan Lortie enabled i18n support for dconf-editor . (GNOME bug 642217)
- Marc-André Lureau added a search bar to gnome-boxes, it will search as you type and filter the boxes . (GNOME bug 681089)
- Giovanni Campagna updated the gnome-shell screen shield to tween from the top when explicitly locking . (GNOME bug 681143)
- Fabiana Simões reviewed and updated eog user documentation, also added pages for the picasa and fullscreen background plugins.
- William Jon McCann updated nautilus to select the first item in search results by default.
- Marek Kašík ported gnome-search-tool to GSettings . (GNOME bug 632429)
- More work on AFP support in gvfs has been pushed by Carl-Anton Ingmarsson, it now has a worker thread in GVfsAfpConnection and log out from the server on umount.
- Lennart Poettering changed gdm to always run on VT1 (while adding a –with-initial-vt=… configure switch for other values ). (GNOME bug 511168)
- Aurimas Černius migrated gnote to depend on libsecret instead of libgnome-keyring.
- Paolo Bacchilega merged a new ‘Add Files’ dialog to file-roller, that allows the user to select both files and folders.
- Ville Sokk did some small optimisation the the file backends of gegl.
- Carlos Garcia Campos updated epiphany to show information about the SSL errors when clicking on lock icon . (GNOME bug 681506)
- In gnome-control-center Matthias Clasen updated the hotspot dialog from the network panel to match the mockups more closely.
- Christian Persch ported evince to GApplication and GtkApplication, and used the later to inhibit the screensaver.
July 22, 2012
This week… 1965 commits, in 176 projects, by 239 happy hackers (and 372 were translation commits).
- Aleksander Morgado ported devhelp to GtkApplication, and got it an application menu . (GNOME bug 677927)
- In libgdata Philip Withnall added support for downloading thumbnails of Google Documents documents . (GNOME bug 656970)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added a week view to gnome-calendar.
- Dan Winship made glib-networking handle simultaneous operations, doing the handshake in a thread . (GNOME bug 656343, GNOME bug 660252)
- Jesse van den Kieboom merged the vala rewrite of gitg, it includes a nice diff view based on webkit.
- Jasper St. Pierre ported sushi to GtkApplication and gdbus . (GNOME bug 680221)
- In gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi added ‘find as you type’ while Anna Zacchi added a menu to the Preview toolbar.
- Marek Kasik added an “Options” dialog to the gnome-control-center printer panel, it allows users to set more options based on the printer PPD file.
- Emmanuele Bassi added step() and cubic-bezier() progress functions to clutter timeline object.
- In gnome-shell Giovanni Campagna landed the new screen shield, to replace gnome-screensaver when using the shell . (GNOME bug 619955)
- Also in gnome-shell Allan Day improved the calendar layout and legibitily.
- The advanced layer management functions that are being worked on by Paul Lange have been merged in pitivi . (GNOME bug 632319)
July 15, 2012
This week… 1778 commits, in 207 projects, by 207 happy hackers (and 225 were translation commits).
- Edward Hervey ported clutter-gst to GStreamer 1.0, and Florian Müllner did the same for gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 679445)
- Juan Pablo Ugarte fixed important memory leaks in glade . (GNOME bug 679487)
- In epiphany Carlos Garcia Campos continued his port to WebKit2, this time with support for persistent cookies . (GNOME bug 679369)
- David Henningsson and Conor Curran added the necessary backend work to get the gnome-control-center sound panel use the new port introspection capability of PulseAudio 2.0 . (GNOME bug 674831)
- Martin Pieuchot contributed support for allocating PTYs through openpty on BSD to gvfs sftp backend . (GNOME bug 679790)
- David Zeuthen updated gnome-disk-utility to rescan device when it’s done restoring a disk image onto it, so no physical replug is necessary.
- In Nautilus William Jon McCann added a “recent files” place . (GNOME bug 325824)
- In gtk-vnc Daniel P. Berrange added support for connecting to GSocketAddress instances.
- Robert Bragg added support for resizable windows to cogl.
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon keyboard plugin to set IBus engines from input sources . (GNOME bug 676102)
- Paolo Bacchilega changed file-roller to be able to extract rar archives with ‘The Unarchiver’ (unar ). (GNOME bug 646606)
- Guillaume Desmottes added a dialpad button widget to Empathy, to improve the dialpad functionalities . (GNOME bug 679396)
- Milan Crha fixed evolution-data-server to make it possible to cancel search in search folders . (GNOME bug 578240)
- Jean Bréfort added support for gobject introspection to gnumeric . (GNOME bug 670271)
- In libsecret Stefan Walter added some documentation for how to migrate from libgnome-keyring.
- Rob Bradford landed several wayland changes in GTK+, including a port to the new input protocol mechanism.
July 8, 2012
This week… 1234 commits, in 151 projects, by 174 happy hackers (and 190 were translation commits).
- Oleksij Rempel created a branch porting gnome-media to the GStreamer 1.0 APIs . (GNOME bug 679381)
- In latexila Sébastien Wilmet made a new UI for the Build Tools Preferences.
- In pyatspi2 Mike Gorse wrapped all interfaces of at-spi . (GNOME bug 679044)
- Seif Lotfy changed the layout of single clock views in gnome-clocks . (GNOME bug 678862)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos started coding the event view part of gnome-calendar.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a switch to globally enable the dark theme preference to gnome-tweak-tool . (GNOME bug 677803)
- Philip Withnall added anti-linking support to folks, to prevent some contacts to be automatically linked . (GNOME bug 629537)
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen added support for ATA secure erase and non-cancelable jobs.
- Danielle Madeley removed ported the old Empathy themes to be proper Adium themes, this allowed the removal of a good chunk of code.
- Morten Welinder updated the non-linear solver in Gnumeric so it knows about constraints . (GNOME bug 620368)
- In gnome-devel-docs Marta Maria Casetti wrote new Python tutorials for treeview widgets.
- William Jon McCann migrated the Nautilus menu bar to a view menu button . (GNOME bug 676531)
- In rygel Jens Georg added a simple standalone player as an example; it’s a stand-alone UPnP renderer that renders any visual content in ASCII-art.
- Ana Risteska updated gnome-shell telepathy integration to not add log messages on presence changes . (GNOME bug 669508)
June 24, 2012
This week… 1377 commits, in 160 projects, by 197 happy hackers (and 247 were translation commits).
- Christian Hergert changed gnome-desktop to draw monitor labels with rounded corners . (GNOME bug 591025)
- In gcr Stef Walter reworked how DER pasing works.
- Alexander Larsson added fast approximations of x2.4 and x(1/2.4) to speed up gamma conversion in babl . (GNOME bug 678318)
- Lionel Landwerlin added touch events support in Clutter . (GNOME bug 678278)
- In dia Hans Breuer fixed some SVG import error.
- Seif Lotfy changed Empathy to show popular contacts in the “Top Contacts” group . (GNOME bug 678083)
- Giovanni Campagna updated gnome-shell to sort wifi networks by strength . (GNOME bug 658946)
- Carlos Garcia Campos landed the WebKit2 port of Epiphany.
- Aurimas Černius added a WebDav sync addin to gnote.
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen added a settings dialog for power management and acoustic levels.
- In gnome-control-center Thomas Bechtold contributed the possibility to find connections for a specific MAC address . (GNOME bug 677899)
- Giovanni Campagna ported the clock from gnome-panel to modern GNOME technologies (gsettings, new libgweather, GDateTime ). (GNOME bug 677512)
- Paolo Bacchilega changed file-roller to be able to run as a D-Bus service as well (org.gnome.ArchiveManager1).