May 8, 2011
This week… 2114 commits, in 197 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 355 were translation commits).
- Dodji Seketeli added initial support for “jump to” in Nemiver . (GNOME bug 560235)
- Ryan Lortie added support for lockdown to dconf.
- Colin Walters updated gjs to support compilcation with the standalone mozjs185 release . (GNOME bug 646369)
- Rupert Swarbrick rewrote the way info files are read in yelp, fixing bugs and making the logic much simpler in the process.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro ported gdl to use GtkStyleContext . (GNOME bug 649258)
- Richard Hugues added a new notify_notification_set_app_name() function to libnotify, to set the application name for a single notification, this makes it possible for a daemon like gnome-settings-daemon to produce persistent messages with the correct application name . (GNOME bug 648947)
- Eitan Isaacson merged the “geometry” branch of Caribou, bringing some major changes such as coupling keyboard layout with xkb state, simplifying layout format, a new introspectable libcaribou library, and a D-Bus UI, to have the main caribou app activate the keyboard via D-Bus.
- Elad Alfassa added support for globally installed gnome shell themes in the “user-theme” extension.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a progressbar-pattern style property to the Adwaita engin.
- In clutter Robert Bragg removed the last dependency on the GdkPixbuf API.
- Xavier Claessens added a chat theme preview to Empathy preferences window . (GNOME bug 541438)
- Bastien Nocera changed the media keys gnome-settings-daemon plugin to use a symbolic icon for Eject.
- Stefano Pettini added proper support for alpha channel in the rotate tool of gthumb.
- Torsten Schönfeld wrapped more parts of the Cairo API to Perl.
- Andreas J. Guelzow made Gnumeric handle MS Works formula . (GNOME bug 649406)
- Mattias Clasen added a new “lock button” widget to GTK + (GNOME bug 626457) as well as a new style for assistants.
March 20, 2011
This week… 3142 commits, in 211 projects, by 294 happy hackers (and 1113 were translation commits).
- Translators were all hard at work, with more than one thousand commits this week.
- John Stowers pushed his GNOME Tweak Tool to the GNOME Git server.
- Mutter was changed to provide a single library, combining both libmutter-wm and libmutter-private . (GNOME bug 644565)
- Colin Walters added a “fail whale” dialog in gnome-session, to be shown on component failures; the name comes from Twitter error pages . (GNOME bug 642497)
- The same Colin Walters also rewrote a11y bus management in at-spi2-core, so it doesn’t fall back to the session bus . (GNOME bug 644851)
- Cosimo Cecchi added a first iteration of a dark variant of the Adwaita theme, in gnome-themes-standard.
- In libsoup Dan Winship implemented a GNOME proxy backend using te network proxy settings from gsettings-desktop-schemas, for automatic proxy configuration it uses the D-Bus service provided by the libproxy plugin . (GNOME bug 644211)
- Shaun McCance added mouseovers on topic links of Mallard documents, in yelp-xsl.
- In gnome-devel-docs Johannes Schmid updated or added guitar tuner demos in different languages.
- And also at the documentation hackfest many pages were written for the user help, by all participants.
- Claude Paroz added support for “reduced stats” in damned-lies, making it possible to have statistics on “important” strings, for example it currently excludes schema strings.
- Jan Danielsson added support for the Fossil Source Control Management to Meld . (GNOME bug 644811)
- Richard Hugues updated the screenshot tool in gnome-utils to save the screen ICC profile in the screenshot.
- Bastien Nocera implemented touchpad motion settings in the mouse plugin for gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 642474)
March 6, 2011
This week… 2130 commits, in 204 projects, by 261 happy hackers (and 542 were translation commits).
- Gabriel Burt made removing many pages in pdfmod much faster . (GNOME bug 630012)
- Paolo Bacchilega added some statistical information to the histogram view in gthumb.
- Support for gobject introspection has been added to libgtop by Maxim Ermilov.
- In goffice Jean Bréfort implemented a GSettings back for GOConf . (GNOME bug 643767)
- Together with Morten Welinder he also much improved the import of xlsx files in Gnumeric.
- Ulrik Sverdrup added a simple plugin to send microblogging updates via Gwibber from Kupfer.
- William Jon McCann added a number emblem to indicate the number of queued messages in notification daemon.
- Bastien Nocera changed gnome-settings-daemon to hard-code the default screen DPI, as it’s not possible at the moment to rely on the X server giving a decent DPI value . (GNOME bug 643704)
- In Totem Tim-Philipp Müller fixed screenshotting of interlaced videos . (GNOME bug 640993)
- On the infrastructure side, in the sysadmin-bin module Olav Vitters started rewriting and improving many of the release tools.
- Debbie Beliveau patched GNOME System Monitor to also show the CPU model on ARM . (GNOME bug 606769)
- Cosimo Cecchi made a huge pass on Adwaita to restyle the theme according to 3.0 designs.
- Transmageddon was updated by Christian Schaller so that all transcoding is now done by the encodebin engine.
- Ray Strode updated GNOME Screensaver to get the user face from the accounts service . (GNOME bug 643162)
- In GNOME Shell Guillaume Desmottes fixed the status menu to change Instant Messaging presence when needed . (GNOME bug 617207), while David Zeuthen moved the calendar handling to be out-of-process . (GNOME bug 641396)
- Lucian Langa fixed evolution-rss to work asynchronously, so it doesn’t block the Evolution process . (GNOME bug 634478)
December 12, 2010
This week… 1805 commits, in 169 projects, by 212 happy hackers (and 260 were translation commits).
- Kenny Meyer added a tab to the context pane of Rhythmbox with links to websites for album and artist info . (GNOME bug 636550)
- Philip Withnall switched many of the libgdata API to be stream-based, he wrote about his libgdata work in “Recent libgdata work“.
- Shaun McCance added syntax highlighting for code snippets in Yelp.
- The Murrine GTK+ engine has been turned into a GtkThemingEngine by Andrea Cimitan, while Carlos Garnacho did the same for the clearlooks engine in gtk-theme-engine-clearlooks.
- David Pellicer added scanning support to the Caribou onscreen keyboard.
- Detection of TLS and SSL support has been added to the FTP backend in gvfs.
- Carlos Garnacho added the beginning of a CSS-based theme to gnome-themes-standard.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo added nice custom error pages to Epiphany . (GNOME bug 592667)
- Tomas Bzatek added a check to gnome-settings-daemon, to detect if Nautilus is running, as it is no longer possible to rely on having Nautilus a key component in the session. (see GNOME bug 636191 for details).
- Carlos Garcia Campos added a new sidebar page for bookmarks in Evince, it allows to add, remove, and rename internal bookmarks.
- Daniel G. Siegle added new effects contributed by Filippo Argiolas to gnome-video-effects, and added a fade-in animation when switching effect page in Cheese.
- Johannes Schmid ported Anjuta to G(tk)Application.
- Bastien Nocera added a “network time” switch to the datetime control center panel.
- The Quartz backend in GTK+ has been ported to the latest rendering-cleanup changes by Kristian Rietveld.
- Brandon Lewis implemented the saving of presets in Pitivi.
- The participants to the doc dev tools hackfest contributed a serie of tutorials and demos to the gnome-devel-docs module.