October 2, 2011
This week… 2810 commits, in 216 projects, by 325 happy hackers (and 767 were translation commits).
- In gdk-pixbuf Keith Moyer fixed gif animation delays between frames . (GNOME bug 655755)
- Jonathan Matthew converted Rhythmbox to be based on GtkApplication.
- Emmanuele Bassi added support for run-time backend detection in clutter-gtk.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a better, more contextual review list UI for extensions.gnome.org.
- Dan Winship updated libsoup to use GTlsDatabase, and added new SoupSession properties for it.
- In clutter-gst Damien Lespiau changed how audio and subtitles tracks are reported.
- Cosimo Cecchi updated gnome-screenshot to use GNOME Shell DBus screenshot interface if available . (GNOME bug 657330)
- Sébastien Wilmet changed latexila to use theme icons, instead of relying of icons copied from Kile.
- Murray Cumming updated glom to use CSS3 formatting for colors.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added a snippets manager to gedit-latex.
- Copy and paste from gnumeric to other programs has been fixed by Andreas J. Guelzow . (GNOME bug 660242)
- In goffice Morten Welinder improved the precision of range functions when the input vector is (near-)constant.
- Jens Georg added some delay before handling SoupMessage signals in rygel, to avoid getting stray signals when one of the precondition checks fails.
- Support for DVD playing has been added to Banshee, this includes menu navitation and is the work of Alex Launi, Olivier Dufour, and Bertrand Lorenz.
- Richard Hugues added an ICC profile metadata blacklist to gnome-color-manager.
- Jonny Lamb removed workarounds for Butterfly bugs from Empathy . (GNOME bug 612555)
- Christophe Dumez optimised the parsing of vcards in evolution-data-server.
June 19, 2011
This week… 2058 commits, in 165 projects, by 243 happy hackers (and 160 were translation commits).
- Vinicius Depizzol adapted the website footer to support selection of languages when available.
- Rodrigo Moya made the calendar backend of evolution-couchdb work with latest evolution-data-server.
- Luiz Armesto added appindicator support to billreminder.
- In gnome-utils GNOME Screenshot was updated to flash the area of the screen that is captured.
- Giovanni Campagna added support for converting JS Arrays to C arrays of any type, not just integers as before in gjs . (GNOME bug 646632)
- In gdm Ray Strode exported a library for being a greeter, this will make it easier for people to write external greeters.
- Alexander Larsson made gnome-contacts track phone status on IM presence.
- In yelp-xsl Shaun McCance added accessible titles on notes in DocBook and Mallard . (GNOME bug 613267)
- Andreas J. Guelzow improved support for export to xslx in Gnumeric.
- Rodrigo Moya added a new ‘Formats’ tab in the region settings panel.
- Robert Nordan contributed the possibility of mass exporting to HTML of Tomboy notes . (GNOME bug 356871)
- In GTK+ Benjamin Otte implemented support for multiple border colors.
- Joanmarie Diggs removed magnification settings from Orca, as it’s now controlled by gnome-shell mag and the Universal Access tools . (GNOME bug 652241)
March 20, 2011
This week… 3142 commits, in 211 projects, by 294 happy hackers (and 1113 were translation commits).
- Translators were all hard at work, with more than one thousand commits this week.
- John Stowers pushed his GNOME Tweak Tool to the GNOME Git server.
- Mutter was changed to provide a single library, combining both libmutter-wm and libmutter-private . (GNOME bug 644565)
- Colin Walters added a “fail whale” dialog in gnome-session, to be shown on component failures; the name comes from Twitter error pages . (GNOME bug 642497)
- The same Colin Walters also rewrote a11y bus management in at-spi2-core, so it doesn’t fall back to the session bus . (GNOME bug 644851)
- Cosimo Cecchi added a first iteration of a dark variant of the Adwaita theme, in gnome-themes-standard.
- In libsoup Dan Winship implemented a GNOME proxy backend using te network proxy settings from gsettings-desktop-schemas, for automatic proxy configuration it uses the D-Bus service provided by the libproxy plugin . (GNOME bug 644211)
- Shaun McCance added mouseovers on topic links of Mallard documents, in yelp-xsl.
- In gnome-devel-docs Johannes Schmid updated or added guitar tuner demos in different languages.
- And also at the documentation hackfest many pages were written for the user help, by all participants.
- Claude Paroz added support for “reduced stats” in damned-lies, making it possible to have statistics on “important” strings, for example it currently excludes schema strings.
- Jan Danielsson added support for the Fossil Source Control Management to Meld . (GNOME bug 644811)
- Richard Hugues updated the screenshot tool in gnome-utils to save the screen ICC profile in the screenshot.
- Bastien Nocera implemented touchpad motion settings in the mouse plugin for gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 642474)
February 6, 2011
This week… 2281 commits, in 185 projects, by 262 happy hackers (and 364 were translation commits).
- Felix Riemann converted postr to use libpeas as plugin system.
- Francesco Marella migrated phonemgr from libglade to GtkBuilder . (GNOME bug 590816)
- Sergey V. Udaltsov added a gkbd-keyboard-display utility to libgnomekbd, to be used by gnome-shell and gnome-control-center to display keyboard layouts.
- Jonathan Matthew ported the Python plugins of Rhythmbox to gobject introspection.
- GDM was switched by Ray Strode to use accounts service for language and session.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a notification to Nautilus, when all transfer are completed.
- Unlock buttons have been added to both datetime and printers control center panels.
- David Zeuthen landed his work implementing the new calendar menu of GNOME Shell; he showed the result in GNOME 3 Calendar . (GNOME bug 632109)
- In Meld Kai Willadsen reworked directory-level file comparison, the new version features somewhat simpler logic, progressive file reading, binary file filter handling and provides earlier exit in no-filter cases . (GNOME bug 586656)
- The port of GNOME Panel to GTK+ 3 has been merged.
- Benjamin Otte rewrote the event handling of the area selection of gnome-screenshot.
- Christian Schaller changed the UI of Transmageddon to a combobox bases setup instead of radiobuttons, this to both shrink UI and allow for support of multiple audio streams; this makes a new look for Transmageddon.
January 16, 2011
This week… 2282 commits, in 191 projects, by 251 happy hackers (and 480 were translation commits).
- Giovanni Campagni created a gnome-shell-extensions repository, to host extensions modifying and extending GNOME Shell functionality and behavior, at the moment there are two extensions: alternate-tab (a replacement for Alt-Tab, allows to cycle between windows and does not group by application), and xandr-indicator (a systems status menu for rotating monitors)
- Andreas J. Guelzow fixed locale specific sotring in Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 638874)
- Philip Withnall had to limit Totem to displaying videos in the formats authorized by YouTube’s terms of service, Bastien Nocera had a blog post about this, YouTube playback will suck again.
- Paolo Bacchilega modified file-roller to use the new GTK+ app chooser dialog for the “Open With” command.
- Robert Ancell added a “set to default” button to dconf-editor.
- The Vala rewrite of glchess has been merged in gnome-games.
- In gnome-utils Cosimo Cecchi ported both the screenshot tool and the log viewer to GSettings.
- A keyboard layout selector has been added to the Shell, the indicator is shown when more than one group is loaded in X and it is not disabled in GSettings . (GNOME bug 600771)
- Jon McCann added some real informations to the new system info panel of gnome-control-center.
- Lucas Rocha added the ability to move multiple things at once in the board.
- The gedit-collaboration plugin has been updated to use the new asynchronous SASL API for authentication, by Jesse van den Kieboom.
- Luciana Fujii changed Cheese to use camerabin as pipeline base, in the “camerabin” branch.
- In Yelp Rupert Swarbrick added code to make links from strings of the form “blah(2)” in man pages.
- Philip Withnall improved the Google backend for contacts in evolution-data-server, to support categorising contacts in groups . (GNOME bug 566441)
- Tiffany Antopolski continued adding and filling pages for the new GNOME documentation, with a serie of pages about window managements in the Shell.
September 5, 2010
This week… 2545 commits, in 212 projects, by 256 happy hackers (and 731 were translation commits).
- Eitan Isaacson added a checkbox to use the default colour theme when highlighring keys in Caribou . (GNOME bug 622246)
- Joanmarie Diggs added support for object toolkis in Orca, this allows Orco to handle cases where multiple toolkits are used in an application . (GNOME bug 628410)
- Philip Withnall merged his port of Totem to GSettings . (GNOME bug 625896)
- Gabriel Burt pushed a first pass at Bookmarks support for pdfmod, this adds a sidebar treeview that shows the existing bookmarks, and it’s possible to edit or remove them, as well as adding new bookmarks.
- Colin Walters merged his major rewrite of girscanner, and more, in gobject-introspection.
- Support for multi-coloured text layers has been added to Gimp by Michael Natterer, on top of an initial patch by Barak Itkin . (GNOME bug 620674)
- Florian Müllner added support for the text-shadow property in GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 624384)
- Support for the MPRIS v2 API has been added to Banshee, this will allow external applications to interact with Banshee through a standard D-Bus API . (GNOME bug 570841)
- Jonh Wendell added an instant messaging status plugin to Vinagre, that changes the status to busy when the application is switched to full screen mode.
- A backend using the Windows Registry has been added by Sam Thursfield to GSettings.
- Benjamin Otte updated the screenshot tool from gnome-utils to not draw directly to the root window anymore, updating the look of area selection along the way . (GNOME bug 628499)
August 30, 2009
This week… 3183 commits, in 208 projects, by 294 happy hackers (and 1032 were translation commits).
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen landed the new ATA SMART user interface.
- Rhythmbox gained support for downloading cover art from discogs.com and MusicBrainz (GNOME bug 410684).
- The libchamplain map widget gained support for keyboard shortcuts, to navigate and zoom the map . (GNOME bug 582872)
- Ekiga switched to boost for both smart pointers and signals (GNOME bug 575005)
- The “kill-bonobo” branch of Evolution is now the “master” git branch, this marked 45 old bugs as fixed.
- gconf-editor has been ported to PolicyKit 1.0 . (GNOME bug 585596)
- A shutter sound will now be played when taking a screenshot (GNOME bug 592372).
- Gnome Shell improved the way it displays search results, it now has bigger fonts and brighter colour for the headings, and more padding.
- Daniel Elstner worked on the C++ bindings so they could get their API references published on library.gnome.org.
- Jean Bréfort moved gnumeric to use GooCanvas instead of FooCanvas.
- Finally devhelp has been ported to make use of libunique.
May 24, 2009
This week… 2349 commits, in 189 projects, by 255 happy hackers (and 298 were translation commits).
- John Carr published his syncml branch of conduit, adding SyncML support for contacts and calendar items.
- Gnumeric got support for more styles in its ODF export (cell, paragraph and text styles).
- Niepce Digital got an initial UI shell and basic gphoto support.
- krb5-auth-dialog added a gconf key to disable its notifications.
- f-spot date range dialog got ported from libglade to gtkbuilder; rhythmbox also replaced libglade by gtkbuilder.
- The graph component in goffice gained support for formatted editing of graph limits that are dates and times . (GNOME bug 574681)
- Evolution search bar got improved, to more closely resemble Firefox . (GNOME bug 580925)
- Rhythmbox status icon has been made into a plugin, with additional capabilities, some aspects of the status icon and the notification popups are now a bit more configurable.
- Willie Walker continued his numerous improvements to the speech generator in Orca, porting Pidgin, Gecko and Thunderbird to the new generator.
- In gnome-utils gsearchtool got rid of its libgnomeui usage . (GNOME bug 573670)
- Brasero gained the possibility to span data across several media . (GNOME bug 438858)
April 19, 2009
This week… 1889 commits, in 207 projects, by 235 happy hackers (and 407 were translation commits).
- The Git migration happened, and 84 commits were about doap files, and 44 about .gitignore files.
- gnome-netstatus, empathy and gnome-dictionary (from gnome-utils , GNOME bug 577943) all switched to GtkBuilder.
- libgdata added support for ETags, to allow for versioning when querying, updating and deleting entries . (GNOME bug 578661)
- A new plugin has been added to eog, to order images randomly in slideshow mode . (GNOME bug 562135)
- Libchamplain got support for more advanced markers, allowing to set many properties on markers, allowing features such as attached image or text and how if should be displayed (wrapped, ellipsized, etc .). (GNOME bug 576055)
- Matthew Barnes updated gnome-video-arcade to make game play back work again with recent MAME releases.
- Sabayon was updated to use Xephyr instead of Xnest.
- Xan Lopez fixed backwards search in Epiphany Find Toolbar.
- Empathy got a new “join chatroom” dialog, which will only load the room list when the rooms are displayed.
- Seed imports system was changed to match the one in gjs, making it easier to port applications between them. Robert Carr posted details in some Seed updated.
March 1, 2009
This week… 1904 commits, in 187 projects, by 204 happy hackers (and 641 were translation commits).
- British English is the first language to reach 100%, there is now eight languages with over 99% of the UI strings translated, sixteen with over 95%, and 39 over the 80% mark (used to be listed in the release notes).
- There are three new modules in Subversion this week: Gnome Format, a GNOME media formatter, developed by Michael Kanis, gpointing-device-settings, a program for touchpad and trackpad settings, developed by Hiroyuki Ikezoe, and gio-strigi, a GIO wrapper for Strigi, developed by Philip Van Hoof.
- Davyd Madeley started preparing the stage for the 2.26 release notes.
- Following on last week work, Alexander Larsson worked on trusted desktop file launchers in Nautilus.
- Rhythmbox got a D-Bus interface for adding and removing DAAP shares . (GNOME bug 570115)
- GParted added detection of the BRTFS file system.
- David Zeuthen added a –device option to gvfs-mount.
- Support for taking a screenshot of an user-defined selection landed in gnome-screenshot . (GNOME bug 155061, opened in October 2004)
- Lucas Rocha merged his session-saving branch into gnome-session trunk.
- Epiphany (webkit) started using SoupProxyResolverGNOME, so it gets support for GNOME proxy settings through libproxy.
- Bastien Nocera announced the fork of bluez-gnome that is now available in gnome-bluetooth.
- Orca got support for notify-osd (the new Ubuntu notification daemon).