February 5, 2012
This week… 1611 commits, in 183 projects, by 205 happy hackers (and 216 were translation commits).
- In gnome-themes-standard Lapo Calamandrei started using PNGs as assets where possible, instead of SVG files.
- Many introspection improvements landed in gjs (support for interfaces, signals, glib properties…), Jasper St. Pierre blogged about GJS Improvements.
- Matthias Clasen added a systemd implementation of the session tracking part of gnome-session . (GNOME bug 666891)
- David King added an horizontal flip effect to gnome-video-effects . (GNOME bug 666930)
- Jasper St. Pierre added back a “popularity” field to extensions.gnome.org.
- Empathy was updated by Will Thompson to present confirmation dialogs when closing windows containing chat rooms . (GNOME bug 591756)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed rich text import from xslx files . (GNOME bug 669083)
- Faghmie Davids contributed many improvements to the Firebird provider of libgda.
- In gnome-shell Owen Taylor improved the default screencast pipeline, decreasing the quality setting for the vp8 codec from 10 to 8, and increasing the speed setting from 2 to 6 . (GNOME bug 669066)
- Stefano Palazzo contributed a Python 3 language file for gtksourceview . (GNOME bug 668136)
- Alexander Larsson updated gnome-contacts to use a dialog for avatar changing.
- Patricia Santana Cruz changed cheese to use PackageKit to install nautilus-sendto when needed; she wrote about this: PackageKit in Cheese . (GNOME bug 668072)
- Damien Sandras reimplemented call control functions into the new Ekiga call window.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell ported uadrapassel from C++ to Vala.
- Claudio Saavedra updated eog to hide the titlebar when maximized . (GNOME bug 668652)
- In gedit Jesse van den Kieboom added an option to ensure that documents always end with a trailing newline.
December 12, 2010
This week… 1805 commits, in 169 projects, by 212 happy hackers (and 260 were translation commits).
- Kenny Meyer added a tab to the context pane of Rhythmbox with links to websites for album and artist info . (GNOME bug 636550)
- Philip Withnall switched many of the libgdata API to be stream-based, he wrote about his libgdata work in “Recent libgdata work“.
- Shaun McCance added syntax highlighting for code snippets in Yelp.
- The Murrine GTK+ engine has been turned into a GtkThemingEngine by Andrea Cimitan, while Carlos Garnacho did the same for the clearlooks engine in gtk-theme-engine-clearlooks.
- David Pellicer added scanning support to the Caribou onscreen keyboard.
- Detection of TLS and SSL support has been added to the FTP backend in gvfs.
- Carlos Garnacho added the beginning of a CSS-based theme to gnome-themes-standard.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo added nice custom error pages to Epiphany . (GNOME bug 592667)
- Tomas Bzatek added a check to gnome-settings-daemon, to detect if Nautilus is running, as it is no longer possible to rely on having Nautilus a key component in the session. (see GNOME bug 636191 for details).
- Carlos Garcia Campos added a new sidebar page for bookmarks in Evince, it allows to add, remove, and rename internal bookmarks.
- Daniel G. Siegle added new effects contributed by Filippo Argiolas to gnome-video-effects, and added a fade-in animation when switching effect page in Cheese.
- Johannes Schmid ported Anjuta to G(tk)Application.
- Bastien Nocera added a “network time” switch to the datetime control center panel.
- The Quartz backend in GTK+ has been ported to the latest rendering-cleanup changes by Kristian Rietveld.
- Brandon Lewis implemented the saving of presets in Pitivi.
- The participants to the doc dev tools hackfest contributed a serie of tutorials and demos to the gnome-devel-docs module.
August 15, 2010
This week… 2933 commits, in 162 projects, by 257 happy hackers (and 368 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added JsonReader, a simple, cursor-based API for parsing a JSON DOM, to json-glib.
- Christian Persch created a gdbus branch of gconf, porting it to gdbus; in the same vein David Zeuthen ported PolicyKit-gnome from dbus-glib to gdbus.
- As for GDK changes, Thomas Hindoe Paaboel Andersen started porting gnome-games, Benjamin Otte pushed a cairo-port branch onto gnome-mag, and ported parts of Nautilus, and The Gimp continued being ported to Cairo by Michael Natterer.
- Empathy has been changed by Bilal Akhtar to use GimpNet as default IRC network . (GNOME bug 625675)
- Martin Pitt ported gdm to UPower . (GNOME bug 626176)
- An initial implementation of the “background” panel has been pushed to gnome-control-center.
- Andreas J. Guelzow added exporting of images to ODF in Gnumeric.
- Preview comments have been added to most of the effects provided by gnome-video-effects (now used by Cheese).
- A new “Shuffle” action has been added on the Banshee play queue.
- Ryan Lortie added signals to GApplication, they are: startup, activate, open, action, and command-line.
- Support for common licenses has been added to GTK+, this introduces a :license-type property . (GNOME bug 336225)
- Also in GTK+ Matthias Clasen beefed up the GTK 2 -> 3 migration guide, including a first cut at documenting the rendering cleanup changes and the region removal.
- For their last week of Summer of Code, Dena Dragos added a basic import/export feature to Anjuta snippets, Adrien Bustany added a function to load resources filtering on their attributes to his tracker ORM, Alexander Saprykin got his chapters plugin merged in Totem (GNOME bug 622779), and more.