May 8, 2011
This week… 2114 commits, in 197 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 355 were translation commits).
- Dodji Seketeli added initial support for “jump to” in Nemiver . (GNOME bug 560235)
- Ryan Lortie added support for lockdown to dconf.
- Colin Walters updated gjs to support compilcation with the standalone mozjs185 release . (GNOME bug 646369)
- Rupert Swarbrick rewrote the way info files are read in yelp, fixing bugs and making the logic much simpler in the process.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro ported gdl to use GtkStyleContext . (GNOME bug 649258)
- Richard Hugues added a new notify_notification_set_app_name() function to libnotify, to set the application name for a single notification, this makes it possible for a daemon like gnome-settings-daemon to produce persistent messages with the correct application name . (GNOME bug 648947)
- Eitan Isaacson merged the “geometry” branch of Caribou, bringing some major changes such as coupling keyboard layout with xkb state, simplifying layout format, a new introspectable libcaribou library, and a D-Bus UI, to have the main caribou app activate the keyboard via D-Bus.
- Elad Alfassa added support for globally installed gnome shell themes in the “user-theme” extension.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a progressbar-pattern style property to the Adwaita engin.
- In clutter Robert Bragg removed the last dependency on the GdkPixbuf API.
- Xavier Claessens added a chat theme preview to Empathy preferences window . (GNOME bug 541438)
- Bastien Nocera changed the media keys gnome-settings-daemon plugin to use a symbolic icon for Eject.
- Stefano Pettini added proper support for alpha channel in the rotate tool of gthumb.
- Torsten Schönfeld wrapped more parts of the Cairo API to Perl.
- Andreas J. Guelzow made Gnumeric handle MS Works formula . (GNOME bug 649406)
- Mattias Clasen added a new “lock button” widget to GTK + (GNOME bug 626457) as well as a new style for assistants.
March 6, 2011
This week… 2130 commits, in 204 projects, by 261 happy hackers (and 542 were translation commits).
- Gabriel Burt made removing many pages in pdfmod much faster . (GNOME bug 630012)
- Paolo Bacchilega added some statistical information to the histogram view in gthumb.
- Support for gobject introspection has been added to libgtop by Maxim Ermilov.
- In goffice Jean Bréfort implemented a GSettings back for GOConf . (GNOME bug 643767)
- Together with Morten Welinder he also much improved the import of xlsx files in Gnumeric.
- Ulrik Sverdrup added a simple plugin to send microblogging updates via Gwibber from Kupfer.
- William Jon McCann added a number emblem to indicate the number of queued messages in notification daemon.
- Bastien Nocera changed gnome-settings-daemon to hard-code the default screen DPI, as it’s not possible at the moment to rely on the X server giving a decent DPI value . (GNOME bug 643704)
- In Totem Tim-Philipp Müller fixed screenshotting of interlaced videos . (GNOME bug 640993)
- On the infrastructure side, in the sysadmin-bin module Olav Vitters started rewriting and improving many of the release tools.
- Debbie Beliveau patched GNOME System Monitor to also show the CPU model on ARM . (GNOME bug 606769)
- Cosimo Cecchi made a huge pass on Adwaita to restyle the theme according to 3.0 designs.
- Transmageddon was updated by Christian Schaller so that all transcoding is now done by the encodebin engine.
- Ray Strode updated GNOME Screensaver to get the user face from the accounts service . (GNOME bug 643162)
- In GNOME Shell Guillaume Desmottes fixed the status menu to change Instant Messaging presence when needed . (GNOME bug 617207), while David Zeuthen moved the calendar handling to be out-of-process . (GNOME bug 641396)
- Lucian Langa fixed evolution-rss to work asynchronously, so it doesn’t block the Evolution process . (GNOME bug 634478)
February 27, 2011
This week… 2424 commits, in 223 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 516 were translation commits).
- Jiří Techet ported thje eog map plugin to use libchamplain 0.10 . (GNOME bug 642802)
- Matthew Barnes ported gnome-video-arcade from GConf to Gsettings.
- Chris Kühl added back basic mdns functionality in Vino.
- In libgnomekbd Sergey V. Udaltsov improved rendering of keysyms. No ISO_, underscores->spaces . (GNOME bug 642903)
- Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the import in Gnumeric of LibreOffice created xlsx files using shared formulas . (GNOME bug 642850)
- Marc-André Lureau added a spice plugin to Vinagre . (GNOME bug 642844)
- Sergio Villar Senin added DNS prefetching into Epiphany, this will proactively perform DNS lookups when the user sets the cursor over an autocompleted entry in the location bar . (GNOME bug 606087)
- Guillaume Desmottes updated Empathy to use the same tab close button as in gedit . (GNOME bug 642865)
- In DrWright Christopher Aillon added accounting for idle time when starting a typing break . (GNOME bug 642788)
- Alexander Larsson changed GNOME Shell to have a hot corner on each monitor . (GNOME bug 642881)
- Also in GNOME Shell David Zeuthen added a native PolicyKit authentication agent. He presented this work in GNOME 3 Authorization . (GNOME bug 642886)
- Stefano Teso changed the list view of Nautilus to create folders in subdirectories when possible . (GNOME bug 330644)
- Marek Kašík changed the print notifcation plugin of gnome-settings-daemon to use the new D-Bus API for communication with CUPS.
- And Cosimo Cecchi updated the housekeeping plugin to use the Nautilus D-Bus API to empty the trash . (GNOME bug 632154)
January 16, 2011
This week… 2282 commits, in 191 projects, by 251 happy hackers (and 480 were translation commits).
- Giovanni Campagni created a gnome-shell-extensions repository, to host extensions modifying and extending GNOME Shell functionality and behavior, at the moment there are two extensions: alternate-tab (a replacement for Alt-Tab, allows to cycle between windows and does not group by application), and xandr-indicator (a systems status menu for rotating monitors)
- Andreas J. Guelzow fixed locale specific sotring in Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 638874)
- Philip Withnall had to limit Totem to displaying videos in the formats authorized by YouTube’s terms of service, Bastien Nocera had a blog post about this, YouTube playback will suck again.
- Paolo Bacchilega modified file-roller to use the new GTK+ app chooser dialog for the “Open With” command.
- Robert Ancell added a “set to default” button to dconf-editor.
- The Vala rewrite of glchess has been merged in gnome-games.
- In gnome-utils Cosimo Cecchi ported both the screenshot tool and the log viewer to GSettings.
- A keyboard layout selector has been added to the Shell, the indicator is shown when more than one group is loaded in X and it is not disabled in GSettings . (GNOME bug 600771)
- Jon McCann added some real informations to the new system info panel of gnome-control-center.
- Lucas Rocha added the ability to move multiple things at once in the board.
- The gedit-collaboration plugin has been updated to use the new asynchronous SASL API for authentication, by Jesse van den Kieboom.
- Luciana Fujii changed Cheese to use camerabin as pipeline base, in the “camerabin” branch.
- In Yelp Rupert Swarbrick added code to make links from strings of the form “blah(2)” in man pages.
- Philip Withnall improved the Google backend for contacts in evolution-data-server, to support categorising contacts in groups . (GNOME bug 566441)
- Tiffany Antopolski continued adding and filling pages for the new GNOME documentation, with a serie of pages about window managements in the Shell.
September 26, 2010
This week… 2622 commits, in 198 projects, by 238 happy hackers (and 826 were translation commits).
- The 2.32.0 release is almost there and translators are working hard, French reached a 100% translation status, joining Portuguese, Polish, Hungarian, and Galician; an enormous effort also happened in the Uighur team, with almost five thousands new translated strings.
- The Nautilus connect dialog has been updated to match mockups created by Allan Day.
- Many changes landed in Pitivi, such as Karl Palsson updating the sources list to display clip previews on double clicks, and the important work done by Thibault Saunier to add effects being merged; read Pitivi master finaly gets effects! for the announcement and a screenshot.
- Martin Szulecki added an module for iPods in conduit.
- Havoc Pennington improved tests for X error traps in GTK+, fixing two bugs along the way . (GNOME bug 630033)
- Banshee got support for detecting network status under Microsoft Windows, thanks to Pete Johanson (GNOME bug 630296)
- Andreas J. Guelzow improved printing of checkboxes and radio buttons in Gnumeric.
- Srinivasa Ragavan started adding rendering of events in the main calendar view, in his work on a clutterified evolution.
- Johan Dahlin added a lot of missing introspection annotations to glib, and added and fixed a few in GTK+.
- Another summer of code work has been merged, as Jamie Nicol improvements in the Last.fm Rhythmbox plugin have been merged, bringing such changes as the possibility to view its profile (GNOME bug 345957), and to use Libre.fm (GNOME bug 592428).
August 29, 2010
This week… 2512 commits, in 181 projects, by 248 happy hackers (and 596 were translation commits).
- The synctex plugin, to synchronize TeX files and PDF output, has been merged into gedit-plugins.
- Both Lapo Calamandrei and Jakub Steiner worked on the metacity/mutter theme for GNOME 3.
- Nate Stedman added alpha support to backgrounds in Ease.
- A “save as PDF” plugin has been added to Gimp, thanks to Barak Itkin . (GNOME bug 382688)
- Andreas J. Guelzow added progress info support to the ODF export feature of Gnumeric.
- Batch operation support for both Calendar and Documents services has been added to libgdata . (GNOME bug 624141, GNOME bug 624142)
- Christopher Roy Bratusek made the applications menu of Sawfish honour NotShowIn and OnlyShowIn.
- Interactive TLS certification verification has been merged into Empathy . (GNOME bug 626848)
- Jonh Wendell split the reverse VNC feature of Vinagre into its own plugin, and ported it to GSocket, making reverse connections work with both IPv4 and IPv6 . (GNOME bug 626981)
- Cosimo Cecchi updated the design of the Nautilus sidebar, categorizing items with headings, a screnshot is available . (GNOME bug 508404)
- f-spot completed its port to GtkBuilder . (GNOME bug 589702)
- Thomas Wood implemented a new UI design for the background preference panel.
- Thomas Hindoe Paaboel Andersen ported both gnotravex and gnotski to cairo . (GNOME bug 625444)
- Gustavo Noronha Silva wrapped the geolocation support provided by WebKitGTK+ in Epiphany, using info bars to present policy requests to the user . (GNOME bug 626687)
- GDateTime, an opaque data type containing a date and time representation, has been added to GLib . (GNOME bug 50076)
- Benjamin Otte completed the second part of his GTK+ 3 rendering cleanup work, and posted a status report to the gtk-devel-list.
August 22, 2010
This week… 2759 commits, in 181 projects, by 258 happy hackers (and 486 were translation commits).
- Peter Tyser added to Meld the ability to check if version control repository are valid.
- Christian Persch ported libgconf-2 to GDbus, this makes libgconf-2 not link to libdbus anymore, which means libgconf-2 is LGPL2+ again . (GNOME bug 618039)
- Tor-björn Claesson made it possible to register new search providers for the GNOME Shell dash.
- Paul Cutler added Mallard snippets to the gedit snippets plugin.
- Also in the Mallard vicinity Claude Paroz updated Damned Lies to display a special icon next to documentation in the Mallard format.
- Håkon Enger added support for Mac OS VNC authentifcation to gtk-vnc.
- The Murrine engine got support for theming new widgets: GtkIconView and GtkInfoBar.
- Jiří Techet changed the double click behaviour of libchamplain, it will now zoom and center to the clicked area . (GNOME bug 605784)
- Support for importing ODF graphs into Gnumeric continues to improve thanks to Andreas J. Guelzow . (GNOME bug 626961 for example)
- Carlos Garcia Campos merged his port of gnome-applets to the new libpanel-applet API.
- Nicolas Dufresne work on proxy support in GLib has been merged.
- Empathy new “linking contacts” dialog continues to be improved; also it is now possible to disable logging . (GNOME bug 567858)
- Nate Stedman added support for embedding PDF documents in Ease.
- Summer of Code has ended, there is a summary of all projects, the snippets manager plugin written by Dragos Dena has been merged in Anjuta, and a few last updates were posted, Salomon Sicket on TaskView, Pēteris Krišjānis on recording VoIP in Jokosher, and Matt Novenstern who worked on the Message Tray.
August 15, 2010
This week… 2933 commits, in 162 projects, by 257 happy hackers (and 368 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added JsonReader, a simple, cursor-based API for parsing a JSON DOM, to json-glib.
- Christian Persch created a gdbus branch of gconf, porting it to gdbus; in the same vein David Zeuthen ported PolicyKit-gnome from dbus-glib to gdbus.
- As for GDK changes, Thomas Hindoe Paaboel Andersen started porting gnome-games, Benjamin Otte pushed a cairo-port branch onto gnome-mag, and ported parts of Nautilus, and The Gimp continued being ported to Cairo by Michael Natterer.
- Empathy has been changed by Bilal Akhtar to use GimpNet as default IRC network . (GNOME bug 625675)
- Martin Pitt ported gdm to UPower . (GNOME bug 626176)
- An initial implementation of the “background” panel has been pushed to gnome-control-center.
- Andreas J. Guelzow added exporting of images to ODF in Gnumeric.
- Preview comments have been added to most of the effects provided by gnome-video-effects (now used by Cheese).
- A new “Shuffle” action has been added on the Banshee play queue.
- Ryan Lortie added signals to GApplication, they are: startup, activate, open, action, and command-line.
- Support for common licenses has been added to GTK+, this introduces a :license-type property . (GNOME bug 336225)
- Also in GTK+ Matthias Clasen beefed up the GTK 2 -> 3 migration guide, including a first cut at documenting the rendering cleanup changes and the region removal.
- For their last week of Summer of Code, Dena Dragos added a basic import/export feature to Anjuta snippets, Adrien Bustany added a function to load resources filtering on their attributes to his tracker ORM, Alexander Saprykin got his chapters plugin merged in Totem (GNOME bug 622779), and more.