November 4, 2012
This week… 1548 commits, in 157 projects, by 197 happy hackers (and 275 were translation commits).
- Jakub Steiner made sure the digits of cantarell Bold were monospaced . (GNOME bug 643871)
- In pinpoint Christoph Fischer repositioned speaker notes box to better use the available height.
- Cosimo Cecchi added simple extractor for DVI and XPS files to tracker . (GNOME bug 687162 and GNOME bug 687160)
- César García Tapia added the beginning of a search bar into gnome-music.
- In grilo-plugins Juan A. Suarez Romero changed the flickr plugin to deal with photos only, not videos.
- Emmanuel Pacaud added a zoom option to the lasem renderer.
- Richard Hughes changed gnome-settings-daemon power plugin to avoid suspending, dimming or blanking the screen when running as a virtual machine . (GNOME bug 684801)
- Alexander Larsson updated gnome-boxes to use the notification widget from libgd . (GNOME bug 679106)
- In empathy Giovanni Campagna implemented Google OAUTH2 authentication for GOA accounts . (GNOME bug 652546)
- Jens Georg added an API for Rygel plugins to tell their capabilities . (GNOME bug 676024)
- Jesse van den Kieboom merged the webkit2 branch of gitg.
- Jean Bréfort added new color maps for color and pseudo-3d axes in goffice.
- Aurimas Černius added a special notebook for pinned notes in gnote.
- Darcy Bras da Silva contributed repeat, no-repeat, shuffle, no-shuffle commands to rhythmbox-client.
September 30, 2012
This week… 2185 commits, in 228 projects, by 268 happy hackers (and 806 were translation commits).
- Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller added code to handle missing decoders to Transmageddon.
- A new mining activity, by Peter Albrecht, landed in gcompris.
- Stefano Facchini ported gnome-system-monitor to GtkApplication . (GNOME bug 351087)
- José Alburquerque added the Converter[Input|Output]Stream classes to glibmm.
- Willem van Engen contributed Flickr support to gnome-online-accounts, disabled by default . (GNOME bug 678151)
- In zenity, Florian Müllner added an option to set a custom dialog icon, and another option to request a dialog to be modal . (GNOME bug 684329 and GNOME bug 684322)
- Jean Bréfort updated goffice to use lasem for equation support in graphs.
- Benjamin Otte had a huge refactoring of GTK+ css code to avoid computing wrong property values.
- Krzesimir Nowak contributed config file monitoring to Rygel.
- Heinrich Müller added a rough download meter to the pan2 newsreader . (GNOME bug 102402)
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew added a new dialog for importing music into the library.
September 16, 2012
This week… 2999 commits, in 265 projects, by 306 happy hackers (and 771 were translation commits).
- Active work continued on the release-notes, with many contributions from Olav Vitters, Juanjo Marín, Andre Klapper, Matthias Clasen, and others.
- W. Michael Petullo contributed a DMAP plugin to Grilo . (GNOME bug 652516)
- In gdm Colin Walters did a major cleanup of greeter environment setup . (GNOME bug 630485)
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb to install the app menu only gnome-shell is running.
- Sébastien Wilmet added SyncTeX support to latexila, using the gedit synctex plugin as a basis.
- In gnome-panel Jeremy Bicha rearranged the user menu items to match GNOME Shell 3.6 . (GNOME bug 683650)
- Jasper St. Pierre reworked the grabbing code of gnome-shell to properly handle stacking . (GNOME bug 683546)
- In Nautilus William Jon McCann added a spinner when computing the contents of folders . (GNOME bug 78789)
- Jean Bréfort added a new scattered min-max plot type to goffice . (GNOME bug 683493)
- Matthias Clasen landed a serie of refinements to the gnome-control-center network panel.
- Sergio Villar Senin updated SoupBodyInputStream from libsoup to make it seekable . (GNOME bug 665884)
April 22, 2012
This week… 1882 commits, in 225 projects, by 228 happy hackers (and 341 were translation commits).
- Bastien Nocera ported phonemgr to the newest evolution-data-server using GSettings . (GNOME bug 672067)
- In goffice Jean Bréfort made WMF support work when not built with EMF support.
- In pygobject Martin Pitt added the possibility to GType properties from Python . (GNOME bug 674351)
- Richard Hughes added help pages to gnome-color-manager explaining how to use the ICC profiles on other systems.
- Marc-André Lureau fixed gnome-boxes so the top toolbar is not displayed when dragging a window in the VM, as that movement is used to maximize the window in Windows 7, and GNOME . (GNOME bug 674361)
- Cosimo Cecchi started a new style for OSD widgets in gnome-themes-standard.
- He also fixed gnome-screenshot to fall back to $HOME when saving into XDG_PICTURES_DIR fails . (GNOME bug 672833)
- Gustavo Noronha Silva changed epiphany to also consider email inputs when looking for user/password forms . (GNOME bug 666326)
- David Zeuthen changed gvfs to not set should_automount to TRUE for devices on other seats.
- Benjamin Otte landed his work on GTK+ adding an animating framework.
- In gthumb Paolo Bacchilega added some guards to avoid loading extensions with a different API version.
April 1, 2012
This week… 2870 commits, in 255 projects, by 310 happy hackers (and 635 were translation commits).
- Jasper St. Pierre imported mustache into extensions-web, to get new template system that will allow to sanely translate the website.
- In pygobject John Palmieri added a ccallback type which is used to invoke callbacks passed to a vfunc . (GNOME bug 644926)
- In tomboy Alex Tereschenko added the possibility to work on search results in addition to just one note.
- Ray Strode dropped the numlock warning from gnome-screensaver unlock dialog . (GNOME bug 662093)
- Jean Bréfort improved goffice to use a fallback image when the actual image type is not supported.
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew commited a new more compact header layout, now it has the playback controls, the current track information (including album art), the time display, the position slider, and the volume control on the same line.
- Christopher Baines fixed gcalctool to stop entering thousands seperators when using a base other than 10.
- Xan Lopez changed epiphany to always save the session state on Quit.
- In gnome-documents Florian Müllner made search queries cancellable; to avoid congesting the connection queue, cancel ongoing queries before starting a new one . (GNOME bug 672733)
- Debarshi Ray added Microsoft Exchange support (using EWS) to gnome-online-accounts.
- In Cheese Patricia Santana Cruz added a timer when recording a video . (GNOME bug 599729)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added webcam support to set new avators in gnome-contacts.
- Bastien Nocera changed Totem to pass proxy informations to GStreamer elements . (GNOME bug 395429)
March 11, 2012
This week… 2499 commits, in 192 projects, by 263 happy hackers (and 793 were translation commits).
- Jean Bréfort added gobject introspection support to goffice . (GNOME bug 670161)
- Morten Welinder improved the Excel export support in gnumeric in various ways.
- Giovanni Campagna ported libgweather to GSettings . (GNOME bug 646854)
- In empathy Guillaume Desmottes added some sanity cleaning process to fix XMPP accounts priority . (GNOME bug 671452)
- Peter Hurley contributed to gnome-panel to get the panel separators sized by CSS styling . (GNOME bug 671329)
- Bertrand Lorentz updated banshee to handle UPnP device removal.
- The port of swell-foop to Vala that Sophia Yu worked on landed in gnome-games.
- Alejandro Piñeiro got various fixes to accessibility support commited into gnome-shell.
- Bastien Nocera updated gnome-settings-daemon wacom plugin so that the LED changes depending on the mode of operation . (GNOME bug 670905)
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew made magnatune download accounts work again.
- Ryan Lortie updated dconf engine to allow multiple user databases . (GNOME bug 662438)
- The history rewrite branch of Epiphany landed, thanks to Xan Lopez, Martin Robinson, and Claudio Saavedra.
January 1, 2012
This week… 803 commits, in 123 projects, by 135 happy hackers (and 178 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added a special diagnostic mode to Clutter, to be used to mark deprecated virtual functions and other run-time constructs.
- John Ralls pushed the conversion of gtk-mac-integration to the gobject-introspectable structure.
- In libchamplain Jiří Techet added a Python champlain-gtk demo with markers, thanks to Nicolas Évrard.
- Vivien Malerba improved the timestamp entry widget of libgda.
- Zeeshan Ali added a sound card device to VMs of gnome-boxes.
- In Orca Joanmarie Diggs had various event manager improvements.
- Murray Cumming improved the “Related Choices” Glom field to allow the user to specify a sort order.
- Sergey V. Udaltsov fixed rendering of the layout list in the “add layout” popup of gnome-control-center region panel.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell ported iagno from C to Vala.
- Dov Grobgeld introduced initial remote control of giv through jsonrpc.
- In goffice Andreas J. Guelzow fixed chinese number rendering.
- Morten Welinder updated gnumeric to handle unicode signs better.
- In glib Ravi Sankar Guntur fixed the handling of ‘\v’ (vertical tab) in g_strescape() and g_strcompress (). (GNOME bug 664830)
November 27, 2011
This week… 2089 commits, in 181 projects, by 226 happy hackers (and 320 were translation commits).
- Richard Hughes added a progress bar on the calibration action page of gnome-color-manager.
- Morten Welinder improved the precision of range functions in goffice.
- Joanmarie Diggs removed the legacy magnification code from orca . (GNOME bug 664651)
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen updated the ATA smart dialog.
- Erik Hartenian improved the Cantarell font, adding “extrema” to all glyphs, and making slight adjustments on a few letters.
- In the gnome-control-center wacom panel Bastien Nocera split out the tablet page, so it can be reused for separate tablet configurations.
- In seahorse Stef Walter added support for creating creating certificate requests as well as support for PKCS#11 key generation.
- Guillaume Desmottes added a “wrong password” dialog to Empathy, used for failing GOA accounts . (GNOME bug 661640)
- Milan Crha implemented fast-transfer for the address book backend of evolution-mapi.
- For gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi made a first version of GdTaggedEntry, a GtkEntry subclass to which tags can be added (and styled with CSS).
- Anthony Granger updated Cheese preferences dialog to be more netbook-friendly . (GNOME bug 663146)
- Jason Baron added cgroup support in the process view of gnome-system-monitor.
- John Stowers updated gnome-tweak-tool to support the new GNOME Shell 3.3.x DBus interface.
November 6, 2011
This week… 1522 commits, in 143 projects, by 202 happy hackers (and 179 were translation commits).
- Dan Winship added API to handle redirections in libsoup.
- Chris Kühl modified gnome-system-monitor to include the process name in the end and kill process dialogs . (GNOME bug 560162)
- Will Thompson changed pinpoint to inhibit screensaver while fullscreened.
- In seahorse Stef Walter implemented locking and unlocking of tokens.
- Zeeshan Ali added basic support for creating a VM to gnome-boxes.
- In cogl Robert Bragg started reducing the dependency to glib.
- David Zeuthen changed gnome-disk-utility to default to formatting removable media as NTFS, noting that ideally we’d have a good filesystem for removable media but that’s not the way things work right now.
- Ekaterina Gerasimova rewrote the gnome-system-log help in Mallard . (GNOME bug 658455)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved text and hyperlinks import/export from and to ODF . (GNOME bug 663135 and GNOME bug 603533)
- In gparted Curtis Gedak fixed the display of ext2/3/4 and NTFS unicode volume labels . (GNOME bug 662537)
- Jean Bréfort added some optional support for EPS images into libgoffice.
- Cosimo Cecchi made a first implementation of a search dropdown filter in gnome-documents.
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew reworked the search UI and added a source toolbar.
- Carlos Garcia Campos added a serie of tools to manipulate xps files into libgxps.
- Jasper St. Pierre added tab-completion to gnome-shell looking glass . (GNOME bug 661054)
- Patricia Santana Cruz added camera hotplug support to the preferences dialog of Cheese . (GNOME bug 603612)
October 30, 2011
This week… 1840 commits, in 177 projects, by 198 happy hackers (and 254 were translation commits).
- In gtk-osx John Ralls created a separate build chain for gtk3.
- In libgdata Philip Withnall added support for the “file as” property of contacts, specifying their sort order if they have non-Western-style names or names which are otherwise incorrectly sorted in the contact list . (GNOME bug 661033)
- Marc-André Lureau added vapi bindings generation to gtk-vnc . (GNOME bug 662708)
- He then used it to add support for VNC displays into gnome-boxes.
- Dov Grobgeld added support for pixel grid to the giv image viewer.
- Damien Lespiau changed pinpoint to render the speaker notes in a separate page.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a simple view to query for extensions on extensions.gnome.org.
- Jason Siefken added prettier drawing operations and CSS colors to the system monitor gnome-shell extension.
- David King replaced the glom progress dialog with an infobar . (GNOME bug 661051)
- Marta Bogdanowicz started rewriting file-roller documentation in Mallard.
- In goffice Jean Bréfort added support for SVG images, using librsvg.
- Robert Ancell made a port of the mahjongg game from C to Vala.
- Cosimo Cecchi had a first pass at implementing a “selection” mode for gnome-documents.
- Paolo Bacchilega refactored the code of the image viewer widget of gthumb.
- Milan Crha made initial preparations for a Fast Transfer implementation in evolution-mapi.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the zooming on text superscripts and subscripts . (GNOME bug 425685)