March 7, 2010
This week… 2390 commits, in 220 projects, by 281 happy hackers (and 708 were translation commits).
- Empathy made URL some people put in their contact status clickable right from the contact list (GNOME bug 525576)
- Hiroyuki Ikezoe updated gpointing-device-settings to support a speed property.
- The cairo branch has been merged into gjs.
- Snowy (the webservice companion of Tomboy) has been updated to use UTC as internal time representation, to avoid dealing with different timezones.
- Jean Bréfort implemented round rectangles, arrow heads for arcs and spline support for polyline and polygons in goffice canvas.
- Jürg Billeter updated tracker to refuse updates when low on disk scape.
- The libgnomekbd layout indicator has been changed to use the default font family and size, instead of hardcoding Helvetica . (GNOME bug 610544)
- Richard Hugues pushed a color-management branch to GTK+, implemening an optional LCMS GIO module, and GtkColorEngine, GtkColorTransform and GtkColorProfile.
- gcalctool has been changed to show bit editor for numbers not in base 10.
- Jesse van den Kieboom implemented a new words completion word finder method in gtksourceview, as the previous version was buggy and a lot of bookkeeping.
- GNOME Power Manager has been changed to play a sound loop if the charge of a laptop battery or UPS reaches a critical level.
March 29, 2009
This week… 1396 commits, in 196 projects, by 161 happy hackers (and 354 were translation commits).
- Vincent Untz commited his changes to session management (GNOME bug 552387).
- gnome-disk-utility has been ported to the new DeviceKit-disks, that uses libatasmart.
- Rhythmbox switched to using GStreamer decodebin2 instead of decodebin, that fixed playback of chained ogg streams.
- Brasero split into backend (libbrasero-burn) and application was finished, the new library API now needs to be refined.
- gpointing-device-settings got support for tap move and palm detection.
- Sebastian Dröge started porting totem GStreamer backend to playbin2 . (GNOME bug 542663)
- gnome-bluetooth device chooser saw some merging of device types into categories (mice and keyboard in “input devices”, headphones, headsets and others in “audio devices”…), making easier to find a select devices.
- libchamplain added a way to make visible a bunch of markers (GNOME bug 574809) and smooth movement to a new position (GNOME bug 557641).
- Anjal saw many changes, such as working Delete/Junk, a formatting toolbar, and the possibility to open mails in new tabs.
March 1, 2009
This week… 1904 commits, in 187 projects, by 204 happy hackers (and 641 were translation commits).
- British English is the first language to reach 100%, there is now eight languages with over 99% of the UI strings translated, sixteen with over 95%, and 39 over the 80% mark (used to be listed in the release notes).
- There are three new modules in Subversion this week: Gnome Format, a GNOME media formatter, developed by Michael Kanis, gpointing-device-settings, a program for touchpad and trackpad settings, developed by Hiroyuki Ikezoe, and gio-strigi, a GIO wrapper for Strigi, developed by Philip Van Hoof.
- Davyd Madeley started preparing the stage for the 2.26 release notes.
- Following on last week work, Alexander Larsson worked on trusted desktop file launchers in Nautilus.
- Rhythmbox got a D-Bus interface for adding and removing DAAP shares . (GNOME bug 570115)
- GParted added detection of the BRTFS file system.
- David Zeuthen added a –device option to gvfs-mount.
- Support for taking a screenshot of an user-defined selection landed in gnome-screenshot . (GNOME bug 155061, opened in October 2004)
- Lucas Rocha merged his session-saving branch into gnome-session trunk.
- Epiphany (webkit) started using SoupProxyResolverGNOME, so it gets support for GNOME proxy settings through libproxy.
- Bastien Nocera announced the fork of bluez-gnome that is now available in gnome-bluetooth.
- Orca got support for notify-osd (the new Ubuntu notification daemon).