June 28, 2009
This week… 1811 commits, in 183 projects, by 217 happy hackers (and 226 were translation commits).
- Evince was changed to output straight PDF for printers supporting PDF natively . (GNOME bug 585442)
- Evolution gained an inline view of application/mbox attachments . (GNOME bug 464131)
- A problem with RSA key size that were not a multiple of 8 has been fixed in gnome-keyring . (GNOME bug 576700)
- A new theme, Moblesse, has been added to the experimental GTK+ CSS theme engine.
- Milan Crha fixed several issues and improved the performance of the evolution-data-server CalDAV backend.
- Philippe Rouquier commited a new layout for the Brasero user interface: the medium selector is still inside the main window and on clicking burn a dialog appears to set the session burning options
- In both libgoffice and gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved Open Document Format support (number style output, scientific number output, time and date styles, import of currency symbols, and much more).
- F-Spot Adjust Time dialog, and gnome-session windows, have been ported from libglade to GtkBuilder.
- A Python binding for libbrasero-burn has been added to gnome-python-desktop.
- As explained in his Data about Data weblog post, Alexander Larsson added metadata support in gvfs, and already made Nautilus use it.
- Empathy has been updated to use gnome-session instead of gnome-screensaver to know when the session is idle.
- Benjamin Otte did some research on the GTK+ file chooser performance
(explained in a tale of waiting message in the
gtk-devel-list, be sure to also read the followup messages), and pushed a new “filesystemmodel” branch to publicize his work.
October 12, 2008
This week… 1495 commits, in 194 projects, by 193 happy hackers (and 284 were translation commits).