August 29, 2010
This week… 2512 commits, in 181 projects, by 248 happy hackers (and 596 were translation commits).
- The synctex plugin, to synchronize TeX files and PDF output, has been merged into gedit-plugins.
- Both Lapo Calamandrei and Jakub Steiner worked on the metacity/mutter theme for GNOME 3.
- Nate Stedman added alpha support to backgrounds in Ease.
- A “save as PDF” plugin has been added to Gimp, thanks to Barak Itkin . (GNOME bug 382688)
- Andreas J. Guelzow added progress info support to the ODF export feature of Gnumeric.
- Batch operation support for both Calendar and Documents services has been added to libgdata . (GNOME bug 624141, GNOME bug 624142)
- Christopher Roy Bratusek made the applications menu of Sawfish honour NotShowIn and OnlyShowIn.
- Interactive TLS certification verification has been merged into Empathy . (GNOME bug 626848)
- Jonh Wendell split the reverse VNC feature of Vinagre into its own plugin, and ported it to GSocket, making reverse connections work with both IPv4 and IPv6 . (GNOME bug 626981)
- Cosimo Cecchi updated the design of the Nautilus sidebar, categorizing items with headings, a screnshot is available . (GNOME bug 508404)
- f-spot completed its port to GtkBuilder . (GNOME bug 589702)
- Thomas Wood implemented a new UI design for the background preference panel.
- Thomas Hindoe Paaboel Andersen ported both gnotravex and gnotski to cairo . (GNOME bug 625444)
- Gustavo Noronha Silva wrapped the geolocation support provided by WebKitGTK+ in Epiphany, using info bars to present policy requests to the user . (GNOME bug 626687)
- GDateTime, an opaque data type containing a date and time representation, has been added to GLib . (GNOME bug 50076)
- Benjamin Otte completed the second part of his GTK+ 3 rendering cleanup work, and posted a status report to the gtk-devel-list.
April 4, 2010
This week… 2655 commits, in 255 projects, by 325 happy hackers (and 661 were translation commits).
- Empathy gained the possibility to undo the closing of a chat window or tab (GNOME bug 609832)
- Robert Ancell added colours to gcalctool buttons (GNOME bug 157962).
- Sergey V. Udaltsov added a gconf key to disable the display of the keyboard indicator status icon . (GNOME bug 612240)
- Evince removed its internal copy of the infobar widget to use GtkInfoBar directly; also Carlos Garcia Campos fixed Evince so that compressed password-protected documents could be opened . (GNOME bug 613959)
- Michael C. Urbanski created a new “podcast-ng” branch in Banshee, to hold much work being done on podcast support.
- Matthew Barnes got rid of the ancient code (almost 6000 lines) in Evolution to support migrating from pre-2.0 versions.
- GNOME Power Manager has been ported from DeviceKit-power to UPower.
- Caribou has been changed to warn the user when accessibility is not enabled . (GNOME bug 608727)
- Paolo Bacchilega added a flickr photoset imported to gthumb.
- A “gnome3″ branch has been created in gtk-engines, to hold the GNOME 3 theme work.
January 3, 2010
This week… 1259 commits, in 144 projects, by 148 happy hackers (and 191 were translation commits).
- Empathy will now display the protocol icon in a corner of the status icon of the contacts . (GNOME bug 603877)
- Kupfer got support for Triggers, Ulrik Sverdrup explains it in detail in his appropriately named Kupfer gains Triggers post.
- Debarshi Ray (who took over maintenance of gnote) added a “note of the day” addin . (GNOME bug 590589)
- Gian Mario Tagliaretti wrapped many GSocket and GResolver functions for pygobjet.
- Epiphany was fixed so that notifification of completed downloads doesn’t rely anymore on the presence of the status icon . (GNOME bug 604599)
- The mixed state of toggle buttons has been changed to be drawn half in the normal and the other half in the pressed state . (GNOME bug 502165)
- Jesse van den Kieboom improved menu integration of gedit on Mac OS X; this now uses the latest updates done on the ige-mac-integration library, with additional patches.
- Josh Tripplet added support for XTerm bracketed paste mode to VTE, this allows programs to distinguish pasted text from typed text. For example vim could automatically use paste mode for pastes, avoiding unwanted duplicate indentation or formatting . (GNOME bug 605299)
- Sebastien Granjoux added a new project backend to Anjuta, to open a directory as a project.
- Cody Russel added a GtkOffscreenWindow implementation, to make it much easier to take an arbitrary widget and render it to an offscreen buffer without having it displayed anywhere onscreen . (GNOME bug 604901)