July 15, 2012
This week… 1778 commits, in 207 projects, by 207 happy hackers (and 225 were translation commits).
- Edward Hervey ported clutter-gst to GStreamer 1.0, and Florian Müllner did the same for gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 679445)
- Juan Pablo Ugarte fixed important memory leaks in glade . (GNOME bug 679487)
- In epiphany Carlos Garcia Campos continued his port to WebKit2, this time with support for persistent cookies . (GNOME bug 679369)
- David Henningsson and Conor Curran added the necessary backend work to get the gnome-control-center sound panel use the new port introspection capability of PulseAudio 2.0 . (GNOME bug 674831)
- Martin Pieuchot contributed support for allocating PTYs through openpty on BSD to gvfs sftp backend . (GNOME bug 679790)
- David Zeuthen updated gnome-disk-utility to rescan device when it’s done restoring a disk image onto it, so no physical replug is necessary.
- In Nautilus William Jon McCann added a “recent files” place . (GNOME bug 325824)
- In gtk-vnc Daniel P. Berrange added support for connecting to GSocketAddress instances.
- Robert Bragg added support for resizable windows to cogl.
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon keyboard plugin to set IBus engines from input sources . (GNOME bug 676102)
- Paolo Bacchilega changed file-roller to be able to extract rar archives with ‘The Unarchiver’ (unar ). (GNOME bug 646606)
- Guillaume Desmottes added a dialpad button widget to Empathy, to improve the dialpad functionalities . (GNOME bug 679396)
- Milan Crha fixed evolution-data-server to make it possible to cancel search in search folders . (GNOME bug 578240)
- Jean Bréfort added support for gobject introspection to gnumeric . (GNOME bug 670271)
- In libsecret Stefan Walter added some documentation for how to migrate from libgnome-keyring.
- Rob Bradford landed several wayland changes in GTK+, including a port to the new input protocol mechanism.
December 11, 2011
This week… 1703 commits, in 159 projects, by 210 happy hackers (and 183 were translation commits).
- Steven Carr introduced support for the VNC audio tunnel extension to gtk-vnc.
- Bastien Nocera updated gnome-settings-daemon to use libwacom to get tablets metadata.
- A new “Change Passphrase” dialog was added to gnome-disk-utility by David Zeuthen.
- Lapo Calamandrei did work on the unfocused windows appearance in gnome-themes-standard.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a RSS feed to the extensions.gnome.org website.
- Various client side wayland support updates by Robert Bragg made their way into cogl.
- Paolo Bacchilega modified gthumb “edit metadata” dialog to allow saving the metadata without closing the dialog.
- In gnome-boxes Zeeshan Ali made various improvements to the express installation of Fedora and Windows VM . (GNOME bug 665803)
- In Orca Joanmarie Diggs began work on label inference (aka “label guess”) functionality for WebKitGtk content.
- Zan Dobersek contributed a fix to gnome-shell to make sure the window labels are visible at all times . (GNOME bug 644861)
- GMenu* support has landed into GLib.
- In GTK+ Cosimo Cecchi ported GtkStatusIcon to use GtkIconHelper . (GNOME bug 665409)
October 30, 2011
This week… 1840 commits, in 177 projects, by 198 happy hackers (and 254 were translation commits).
- In gtk-osx John Ralls created a separate build chain for gtk3.
- In libgdata Philip Withnall added support for the “file as” property of contacts, specifying their sort order if they have non-Western-style names or names which are otherwise incorrectly sorted in the contact list . (GNOME bug 661033)
- Marc-André Lureau added vapi bindings generation to gtk-vnc . (GNOME bug 662708)
- He then used it to add support for VNC displays into gnome-boxes.
- Dov Grobgeld added support for pixel grid to the giv image viewer.
- Damien Lespiau changed pinpoint to render the speaker notes in a separate page.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a simple view to query for extensions on extensions.gnome.org.
- Jason Siefken added prettier drawing operations and CSS colors to the system monitor gnome-shell extension.
- David King replaced the glom progress dialog with an infobar . (GNOME bug 661051)
- Marta Bogdanowicz started rewriting file-roller documentation in Mallard.
- In goffice Jean Bréfort added support for SVG images, using librsvg.
- Robert Ancell made a port of the mahjongg game from C to Vala.
- Cosimo Cecchi had a first pass at implementing a “selection” mode for gnome-documents.
- Paolo Bacchilega refactored the code of the image viewer widget of gthumb.
- Milan Crha made initial preparations for a Fast Transfer implementation in evolution-mapi.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the zooming on text superscripts and subscripts . (GNOME bug 425685)
October 31, 2010
This week… 2425 commits, in 224 projects, by 227 happy hackers (and 516 were translation commits).
- Shaun McCance merged the new desktop help that was being written in a Gitorious repository by Phil Bull and others into the gnome-user-docs module.
- Daniel P. Berrange removed the server side framebuffer cached in a GdkPixmap in gtk-vnc, as the client side was changed to use a cairo image surface.
- Giovanni Campagna completed a library for exposing required parts of gnome-bluetooth to GNOME Shell.
- Totem has been ported to the new GApplication API.
- Some initial Mallard pages have been added by Mario Blätterman to pybibliographer.
- Gabriel Burt updated banshee to show episodes in a grid view.
- Viven Malerba optimized virtual tables usage in libgda.
- Jim Evins added support for elliptical labels to the template designer in glabels.
- Support for monotonic time has been added to glib by Ryan Lortie. He also commited (untested) support for GApplication actions.
- In notification-daemon Jon McCann added a notification box class that updates in place . (GNOME bug 633457)
August 22, 2010
This week… 2759 commits, in 181 projects, by 258 happy hackers (and 486 were translation commits).
- Peter Tyser added to Meld the ability to check if version control repository are valid.
- Christian Persch ported libgconf-2 to GDbus, this makes libgconf-2 not link to libdbus anymore, which means libgconf-2 is LGPL2+ again . (GNOME bug 618039)
- Tor-björn Claesson made it possible to register new search providers for the GNOME Shell dash.
- Paul Cutler added Mallard snippets to the gedit snippets plugin.
- Also in the Mallard vicinity Claude Paroz updated Damned Lies to display a special icon next to documentation in the Mallard format.
- Håkon Enger added support for Mac OS VNC authentifcation to gtk-vnc.
- The Murrine engine got support for theming new widgets: GtkIconView and GtkInfoBar.
- Jiří Techet changed the double click behaviour of libchamplain, it will now zoom and center to the clicked area . (GNOME bug 605784)
- Support for importing ODF graphs into Gnumeric continues to improve thanks to Andreas J. Guelzow . (GNOME bug 626961 for example)
- Carlos Garcia Campos merged his port of gnome-applets to the new libpanel-applet API.
- Nicolas Dufresne work on proxy support in GLib has been merged.
- Empathy new “linking contacts” dialog continues to be improved; also it is now possible to disable logging . (GNOME bug 567858)
- Nate Stedman added support for embedding PDF documents in Ease.
- Summer of Code has ended, there is a summary of all projects, the snippets manager plugin written by Dragos Dena has been merged in Anjuta, and a few last updates were posted, Salomon Sicket on TaskView, Pēteris Krišjānis on recording VoIP in Jokosher, and Matt Novenstern who worked on the Message Tray.
July 25, 2010
This week… 2276 commits, in 205 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 504 were translation commits).
- Handling of contacts in Empathy has been switched to use libfolks, this will enable future enhanchements, such as support for metacontacts . (GNOME bug 623714)
- Carlos Garcia Campos ported the byzanz applet to use the new D-Bus based panel applet library.
- Gtk-vnc has switched over to use GIO for socket connections and DNS resolution.
- Giovanni Campagna contributed a base API for system status indicators in GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 621705)
- James Liggett implemented a tags pane in the Anjuta git plugin.
- In the ongoing transitions, Nautilus has been ported to GSettings, Eog has been switched to GTK+ 3, and accounts-dialog is being ported to gdbus.
- Preliminary support for adding new annotations (at the moment only Text annotations are supported) has been added to Evince . (GNOME bug 168304)
- Toms Bauģis changed hamster search to use SQLite full text search.
- David Pellicer contributed a few more keyboard layouts to Caribou.
- The function name completion tooltips used in Gnumeric have been improved by Andreas J. Guelzow.
- Evolution-rss default renderer has been switched to be WebKit.
- Nate Stedman merged his branch adding suport for themes in Ease.
- Benjamin Otte continued stripping GTK+ of old GDK drawing functions and classes (GdkPangoRenderer, GdkGC…).
- Richard Hughes split off a new libcolor-glib library out of gnome-color-manager.
- Totem youtube plugin has been updated to work after the latest Youtube page format changes.
- In GSOC land Jamie Nicol has added to Rhythmbox the possibility to scrobble to both Last.fm and Libre.fm, Michal Hruby ported zeitgeist-datahub to Vala, Karlo Jež added a hover menu for quick task manipulation in Getting Things GNOME, and more…
June 27, 2010
This week… 2629 commits, in 209 projects, by 282 happy hackers (and 315 were translation commits).
- GSettings ports again, nautilus-sendto, gcalctool were both switched this week to use GSettings. nautilus-sendto has also been ported to GTK+ 3.0, and Rygel as well.
- OpenID support has been added to Snowy, the web companion of Tomboy.
- Daniel P. Berrange added support for colourmap based pixel formats to gtk-vnc, his patch implements full support for rendering from colourmaps, this should improve performances in low bandwidth situations.
- The notification-daemon got support for multiple screens and monitor changes (GNOME bug 622552)
- Christian Persch ported the SVGZ support in librsvg so it can use GZlibDecompressor instead of libgsf . (GNOME bug 621699)
- Damon Chaplin worked quite a lot on a new API for goocanvas, in the new-api branch of goocanvas…
- GNOME Shell got support for icon buttons in notifications, thanks to Matt Novenstern . (GNOME bug 621014)
- Morten Welinder fixed the excessive memory usage of gnumeric related to column styles when reading xslx files . (GNOME bug 622365)
- Michael J. Chudobiak switched the documentation of gthumb to Mallard.
- In Empathy support for importing old Missing Control 4 accounts has been removed.
- Bastien Nocera ported the sound preferences dialog to be a panel in the new control center; and Richard Hughes ported the preferences dialog of GNOME PackageKit.
- The GNOME Panel got support for gobject-introspection, for its panel applet library . (GNOME bug 622341)
- In Vinagre Jonh Wendell implemented the “take screenshot” command for the SSH connections.
- In the land of GSOC students Jamie Nicol finished off the profile view (screenshot), Stéphane Maniaci added some informations about the photos imported from Flickr (titles, descriptions, authors), Michel Hruby started a Totem plugin to allow searching for recent media, and other students were also hard at work.
March 28, 2010
This week… 3046 commits, in 229 projects, by 308 happy hackers (and 1235 were translation commits).
- Another big week for translators, German, Bulgarian, Portuguese and Solvenian are now totally translated, 33 teams are over the 90% bar, and 55 over the 70% bar. This week award goes to the Asturian, progressing by over 4 points.
- XChat-GNOME got a fullscreen mode . (GNOME bug 445638)
- Glade has been switched to use the new GtkToolPalette widget, instead of a custom widget (GNOME bug 613956); Tristan Van Berkom wrote about it in The Glade palette goes full circle.
- Ryan Lortie merged the GVariant parser into glib . (GNOME bug 600271)
- The font plugin of gnome-settings-daemon has been disabled . (GNOME bug 613604)
- GNOME Shell has been updated so that ejecting drives will run the same action as in Nautilus . (GNOME bug 613405)
- Jiří Techet changed libchamplain so it cancels the download of tiles that get out of the viewport.
- Vivien Malerba added support for variables in GdaBrowser data manager.
March 21, 2010
This week… 2398 commits, in 234 projects, by 289 happy hackers (and 834 were translation commits).
- The 2.30 release is approaching fast and translators are hard at work, French and Russian are already totally translated, and 30 teams are over the 90% bar. The most impressive progress this week has been the Lithuanian team, coordinated by Gintautas Miliauskas, that improved from 84 to 89%.
- Banshee lyrics plugin got support for the lyricsplugin.com database . (GNOME bug 612958)
- The GNOME Keyring has been fixed not to store session keyring on disk . (GNOME bug 612977)
- Daniel P. Berrange worked hard on gtk-vnc, substanctally improving and modernising the code.
- GNOME Volume Control got a speaker testing UI, Bastien Nocera blogged about it in Speaker testing . (GNOME bug 519438)
- Yelp 3.0 branch got support for a basic “back” button.
- Thanks to a patch by Marc Deslauriers GNOME Power Manager got support to communicate with GNOME Screensaver running as a D-Bus service . (GNOME bug 609031)
- Andrea Cimitan added a new option to the Murrine theme engine to draw smooth separators.
- The GNOME Shell has been changed to use a single button to toggle between linear and grid view . (GNOME bug 610801)
- The VTE library got introspection support . (GNOME bug 604837)