July 22, 2012
This week… 1965 commits, in 176 projects, by 239 happy hackers (and 372 were translation commits).
- Aleksander Morgado ported devhelp to GtkApplication, and got it an application menu . (GNOME bug 677927)
- In libgdata Philip Withnall added support for downloading thumbnails of Google Documents documents . (GNOME bug 656970)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added a week view to gnome-calendar.
- Dan Winship made glib-networking handle simultaneous operations, doing the handshake in a thread . (GNOME bug 656343, GNOME bug 660252)
- Jesse van den Kieboom merged the vala rewrite of gitg, it includes a nice diff view based on webkit.
- Jasper St. Pierre ported sushi to GtkApplication and gdbus . (GNOME bug 680221)
- In gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi added ‘find as you type’ while Anna Zacchi added a menu to the Preview toolbar.
- Marek Kasik added an “Options” dialog to the gnome-control-center printer panel, it allows users to set more options based on the printer PPD file.
- Emmanuele Bassi added step() and cubic-bezier() progress functions to clutter timeline object.
- In gnome-shell Giovanni Campagna landed the new screen shield, to replace gnome-screensaver when using the shell . (GNOME bug 619955)
- Also in gnome-shell Allan Day improved the calendar layout and legibitily.
- The advanced layer management functions that are being worked on by Paul Lange have been merged in pitivi . (GNOME bug 632319)
July 1, 2012
This week… 1816 commits, in 178 projects, by 214 happy hackers (and 243 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added a JsonValue type to json-glib, lighter than GValue.
- Brian Cameron updated gdm to reload config on SIGHUP.
- Emmanuel Pacaud added rotate and flip buttons to aravis viewer.
- Bertrand Lorentz switched Banshee to use Last.fm 2.0 API for scrobbling.
- Cosimo Cecchi added support for Google Drawings to libgdata . (GNOME bug 633548)
- In atk Alejandro Piñeiro added a default implementation of implementation for atk_util_[add/remove]_global_event_listener, a first step towards a multi-toolkit environment.
- In gnome-clocks Eslam Mostafa contributed the required bits for deleting clocks.
- Matthias Clasen added manual pages for all gvfs utilities.
- In gnome-contacts Florian Müllner added a search provider for GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 679002)
- Milan Crha fixed kerberos authentication in evolution-mapi.
- Guillaume Desmottes updated empathy new roster view to allow to send files using DnD . (GNOME bug 678524)
- Carlos Garcia Campos continued porting many parts of Epiphany to WebKit2, Claudio Saavedra helped too.
- Dan Winship added an explicit iterator for GMainContext sources to GLib, named GSourceIter . (GNOME bug 619329)
- Bastien Nocera removed the screenshot UI of Totem, making it flash the video instead, like GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 674640)
- Debarshi Ray updated gnome-online-accounts to enable Microsoft Exchange support by default.
April 8, 2012
This week… 1783 commits, in 181 projects, by 224 happy hackers (and 359 were translation commits).
- Martin Pitt added support for GFlags properties to pygobject . (GNOME bug 620943)
- In libsoup Dan Winship fixed some problems with cancelling an asynchronous socket connect operation.
- Bastien Nocera moved Totem application-wide menu items to a new app menu . (GNOME bug 673098)
- Philip Withnall added support for resumable uploads and updates to the Documents API in libgdata.
- In Empathy Laurent Contzen added support for local IP address and port in SIP account settings widget . (GNOME bug 669134)
- Martin Olsson changed ghex to show file offset in statusbar as 0xOFFSET instead of OFFSET.
- Neil Roberts added a mechanism for determining GPU driver details to cogl.
- Owen Taylor changed Mutter not to try to auto-maximize not-maximizable windows . (GNOME bug 673566)
- Lucian Langa fixed bootloader burning in gnoduino.
- In gnome-online-accounts Debarshi Ray added D-Bus APIs to enable/disable Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Chat, and Documents . (GNOME bug 657905)
- Damien Sandras improved the notifications of Ekiga, especially when running under GNOME Shell.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the properties page of Document Properties dialog . (GNOME bug 673256)
- Alexander Larsson removed the GTK+ ms-windows engine as it is no longer used for the windows theme anymore.
October 30, 2011
This week… 1840 commits, in 177 projects, by 198 happy hackers (and 254 were translation commits).
- In gtk-osx John Ralls created a separate build chain for gtk3.
- In libgdata Philip Withnall added support for the “file as” property of contacts, specifying their sort order if they have non-Western-style names or names which are otherwise incorrectly sorted in the contact list . (GNOME bug 661033)
- Marc-André Lureau added vapi bindings generation to gtk-vnc . (GNOME bug 662708)
- He then used it to add support for VNC displays into gnome-boxes.
- Dov Grobgeld added support for pixel grid to the giv image viewer.
- Damien Lespiau changed pinpoint to render the speaker notes in a separate page.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a simple view to query for extensions on extensions.gnome.org.
- Jason Siefken added prettier drawing operations and CSS colors to the system monitor gnome-shell extension.
- David King replaced the glom progress dialog with an infobar . (GNOME bug 661051)
- Marta Bogdanowicz started rewriting file-roller documentation in Mallard.
- In goffice Jean Bréfort added support for SVG images, using librsvg.
- Robert Ancell made a port of the mahjongg game from C to Vala.
- Cosimo Cecchi had a first pass at implementing a “selection” mode for gnome-documents.
- Paolo Bacchilega refactored the code of the image viewer widget of gthumb.
- Milan Crha made initial preparations for a Fast Transfer implementation in evolution-mapi.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the zooming on text superscripts and subscripts . (GNOME bug 425685)
June 12, 2011
This week… 2184 commits, in 181 projects, by 241 happy hackers (and 323 were translation commits).
- In tomboy Alex Tereschenko added a new addin for removing broken links from notes.
- Alexander Larsson worked on various things in gnome-contacts, including an initial cut at new details field layout with buttons and some work on notes support.
- Eitan Isaacson introduced a GTK+ 3 input method module into Caribou.
- Support for long press detection has been added to Clutter by Emmanuele Bassi.
- In Planner Caolan McNamara added a display of the date in status bar for resource usage view as well as in the Gantt view.
- Cosimo Cecchi contributed various fixes and improvements to the dark variant of Adwaita.
- David King removed the bookmarks side panel of Vinagre.
- John Stowers added annotations for default values in theme combo boxes of the GNOME Tweak Tool.
- Xan Lopez added suggestions to correct misspellings to the context menu when right-clicking on a misspelled word in Epiphany.
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort merged the new log window into Empathy.
- In GNOME Subtitles Pedro Castro added initial support for splitting and merging subtitles.
- Philip Withnall removed the old authentication API of libgdata in favour of a new GDataAuthorizer API, and added an OAuth 1.0 authoriser . (GNOME bug 646285)
- Paolo Bacchilega ported goobox to GtkApplication.
- Guillaume Desmottes added a Telepathy Approver and Handler into GNOME Shell, this will make the Empathy tray icon stop blicking when receiving new channels.
- Richard Hughes added optional colord support to the CUPS print module of GTK+.
December 19, 2010
This week… 1798 commits, in 165 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 271 were translation commits).
- Shaun McCance added support for the Mallard Facets extension to both yelp and yelp-xsl.
- Robert Carr ported ease from autotools to the Wav build system.
- James Liggett implemented the Revert pane in the Git plugin of Anjuta.
- Handling of GeoRSS for YouTube videos has been added to libgdata.
- Laura Lucas Alday added command line options for starting cheese in wide and fullscreen modes . (GNOME bug 597820)
- Milan Bouchet-Valat switched the GNOME System Tools to GTK+ 3.
- A rewrite of the documentation for Orca has been started by Joanmarie Diggs.
- In gnome-settings-daemon Colin Walters changed the default behaviour when closing a laptop lid, from hibernate to suspend . (GNOME bug 637473)
- The sasl-gui branch has been merged into Empathy, meaning it is now possible to setup accounts without saving the passwords.
- Maxim Ermilov implemented filtering applications by category to GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 631537)
- Tristan Van Berkom merged his treeview refactoring in GTK+, he has a number of posts on the subject in his blog.
- Richard Hughes added a first version of a network panel to the control center.
December 12, 2010
This week… 1805 commits, in 169 projects, by 212 happy hackers (and 260 were translation commits).
- Kenny Meyer added a tab to the context pane of Rhythmbox with links to websites for album and artist info . (GNOME bug 636550)
- Philip Withnall switched many of the libgdata API to be stream-based, he wrote about his libgdata work in “Recent libgdata work“.
- Shaun McCance added syntax highlighting for code snippets in Yelp.
- The Murrine GTK+ engine has been turned into a GtkThemingEngine by Andrea Cimitan, while Carlos Garnacho did the same for the clearlooks engine in gtk-theme-engine-clearlooks.
- David Pellicer added scanning support to the Caribou onscreen keyboard.
- Detection of TLS and SSL support has been added to the FTP backend in gvfs.
- Carlos Garnacho added the beginning of a CSS-based theme to gnome-themes-standard.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo added nice custom error pages to Epiphany . (GNOME bug 592667)
- Tomas Bzatek added a check to gnome-settings-daemon, to detect if Nautilus is running, as it is no longer possible to rely on having Nautilus a key component in the session. (see GNOME bug 636191 for details).
- Carlos Garcia Campos added a new sidebar page for bookmarks in Evince, it allows to add, remove, and rename internal bookmarks.
- Daniel G. Siegle added new effects contributed by Filippo Argiolas to gnome-video-effects, and added a fade-in animation when switching effect page in Cheese.
- Johannes Schmid ported Anjuta to G(tk)Application.
- Bastien Nocera added a “network time” switch to the datetime control center panel.
- The Quartz backend in GTK+ has been ported to the latest rendering-cleanup changes by Kristian Rietveld.
- Brandon Lewis implemented the saving of presets in Pitivi.
- The participants to the doc dev tools hackfest contributed a serie of tutorials and demos to the gnome-devel-docs module.
August 29, 2010
This week… 2512 commits, in 181 projects, by 248 happy hackers (and 596 were translation commits).
- The synctex plugin, to synchronize TeX files and PDF output, has been merged into gedit-plugins.
- Both Lapo Calamandrei and Jakub Steiner worked on the metacity/mutter theme for GNOME 3.
- Nate Stedman added alpha support to backgrounds in Ease.
- A “save as PDF” plugin has been added to Gimp, thanks to Barak Itkin . (GNOME bug 382688)
- Andreas J. Guelzow added progress info support to the ODF export feature of Gnumeric.
- Batch operation support for both Calendar and Documents services has been added to libgdata . (GNOME bug 624141, GNOME bug 624142)
- Christopher Roy Bratusek made the applications menu of Sawfish honour NotShowIn and OnlyShowIn.
- Interactive TLS certification verification has been merged into Empathy . (GNOME bug 626848)
- Jonh Wendell split the reverse VNC feature of Vinagre into its own plugin, and ported it to GSocket, making reverse connections work with both IPv4 and IPv6 . (GNOME bug 626981)
- Cosimo Cecchi updated the design of the Nautilus sidebar, categorizing items with headings, a screnshot is available . (GNOME bug 508404)
- f-spot completed its port to GtkBuilder . (GNOME bug 589702)
- Thomas Wood implemented a new UI design for the background preference panel.
- Thomas Hindoe Paaboel Andersen ported both gnotravex and gnotski to cairo . (GNOME bug 625444)
- Gustavo Noronha Silva wrapped the geolocation support provided by WebKitGTK+ in Epiphany, using info bars to present policy requests to the user . (GNOME bug 626687)
- GDateTime, an opaque data type containing a date and time representation, has been added to GLib . (GNOME bug 50076)
- Benjamin Otte completed the second part of his GTK+ 3 rendering cleanup work, and posted a status report to the gtk-devel-list.
April 11, 2010
This week… 2112 commits, in 176 projects, by 296 happy hackers (and 263 were translation commits).
- Martin Szulecki added detection of the ipad to gvfs AFC backend (GNOME bug 615039).
- Rhythmbox has been updated to use webkit to display HTML episode descriptions of podcasts . (GNOME bug 320507)
- Flickr authentication code has been unified in gthumb, removing duplicated code.
- In Rygel Andreas Henriksson added basic support for serving subtitles in Samsung custom DIDL-Lite and HTTP extensions . (GNOME bug 606305)
- The Totem Youtube plugin has been fixed to work again with latest youtube.com pages changes . (GNOME bug 614679)
- Tomas Bzatek changed the GTK+ file chooser so that it initializes search engines on demand . (GNOME bug 614971)
- Banshee for Meego saw another major panel UI overhaul, to reflect the latest Meego look and feel, and better organize some of the features.
- Ray Strode added support for relocatable .gnome2 directory to both gnome-games (GNOME bug 613634) and yelp (GNOME bug 614029), this is done via the GNOME22_USER_DIR environment variable.
- Joanmarie Diggs added to Orca support for the detection of mispelled words in OpenOffice.org . (GNOME bug 364772)
- libsoup has been updated with a fix for proxies that close the connection after returning a 407 error code (Proxy Authentication Required) on a CONNECT request.
- Florian Müllner added introspection support to gconf (GNOME bug 613247)
- Philip Withnall improved cancellation support in libgdata, it is now using libsoup message cancellation functionality, rather than checking for cancellation ourselves at arbitrary points during operations.
- GNOME Shell support for IM notifications has been moved to use Telepathy . (GNOME bug 608999)