May 6, 2012
This week… 2665 commits, in 201 projects, by 227 happy hackers (and 357 were translation commits).
- Sergey V. Udaltsov removed unneeded xmodmap support from libgnomekbd . (GNOME bug 674874)
- Ludovic Ferrandis added a Connman based Context Manager to gupnp . (GNOME bug 672998)
- Christian Persch landed many updates to gnome-terminal, port to GSettings, application menu, and more.
- Speaking of application menu, Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added one to gstranslator.
- Perumal Viravan contributed a new documentation for the lightsoff game, using Mallard, of course.
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen added a Disk Image Mounter utility, and associated it with ISO files, for easy mounting from Nautilus.
- Bastien Nocera added a setting to disable middle click pastes in GTK +. (GNOME bug 665243)
- In orca Joanmarie Diggs began preparations for moving to Python 3.
- Cosimo Cecchi gave a new GNOME 3 style interface to gnome-font-viewer, complete with an overview and an application menu.
- Matt McCutchen fixed evolution-data-server to limit accepted bad certificates to the expected hostnames . (GNOME bug 606181)
- Paolo Borelli added support for the new location of the gtk bookmarks file to gedit.
February 27, 2011
This week… 2424 commits, in 223 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 516 were translation commits).
- Jiří Techet ported thje eog map plugin to use libchamplain 0.10 . (GNOME bug 642802)
- Matthew Barnes ported gnome-video-arcade from GConf to Gsettings.
- Chris Kühl added back basic mdns functionality in Vino.
- In libgnomekbd Sergey V. Udaltsov improved rendering of keysyms. No ISO_, underscores->spaces . (GNOME bug 642903)
- Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the import in Gnumeric of LibreOffice created xlsx files using shared formulas . (GNOME bug 642850)
- Marc-André Lureau added a spice plugin to Vinagre . (GNOME bug 642844)
- Sergio Villar Senin added DNS prefetching into Epiphany, this will proactively perform DNS lookups when the user sets the cursor over an autocompleted entry in the location bar . (GNOME bug 606087)
- Guillaume Desmottes updated Empathy to use the same tab close button as in gedit . (GNOME bug 642865)
- In DrWright Christopher Aillon added accounting for idle time when starting a typing break . (GNOME bug 642788)
- Alexander Larsson changed GNOME Shell to have a hot corner on each monitor . (GNOME bug 642881)
- Also in GNOME Shell David Zeuthen added a native PolicyKit authentication agent. He presented this work in GNOME 3 Authorization . (GNOME bug 642886)
- Stefano Teso changed the list view of Nautilus to create folders in subdirectories when possible . (GNOME bug 330644)
- Marek Kašík changed the print notifcation plugin of gnome-settings-daemon to use the new D-Bus API for communication with CUPS.
- And Cosimo Cecchi updated the housekeeping plugin to use the Nautilus D-Bus API to empty the trash . (GNOME bug 632154)
February 6, 2011
This week… 2281 commits, in 185 projects, by 262 happy hackers (and 364 were translation commits).
- Felix Riemann converted postr to use libpeas as plugin system.
- Francesco Marella migrated phonemgr from libglade to GtkBuilder . (GNOME bug 590816)
- Sergey V. Udaltsov added a gkbd-keyboard-display utility to libgnomekbd, to be used by gnome-shell and gnome-control-center to display keyboard layouts.
- Jonathan Matthew ported the Python plugins of Rhythmbox to gobject introspection.
- GDM was switched by Ray Strode to use accounts service for language and session.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a notification to Nautilus, when all transfer are completed.
- Unlock buttons have been added to both datetime and printers control center panels.
- David Zeuthen landed his work implementing the new calendar menu of GNOME Shell; he showed the result in GNOME 3 Calendar . (GNOME bug 632109)
- In Meld Kai Willadsen reworked directory-level file comparison, the new version features somewhat simpler logic, progressive file reading, binary file filter handling and provides earlier exit in no-filter cases . (GNOME bug 586656)
- The port of GNOME Panel to GTK+ 3 has been merged.
- Benjamin Otte rewrote the event handling of the area selection of gnome-screenshot.
- Christian Schaller changed the UI of Transmageddon to a combobox bases setup instead of radiobuttons, this to both shrink UI and allow for support of multiple audio streams; this makes a new look for Transmageddon.
December 26, 2010
This week… 2262 commits, in 216 projects, by 210 happy hackers (and 436 were translation commits).
- Much work happened in GTK+ to make it possible to have multiple backends in parallel.
- The charmap plugin in gedit-plugins has been rewritten in Python by Ignacio Casal Quinteiro.
- Sergey V. Udaltsov added introspection support for libgnomekbd.
- Aleksander Morgado contributed a lot of improvements to Devhelp, including the possibility for a language-based search . (GNOME bug 353108)
- The new mallard documentation of Evince has been merged.
- Tony Young added the possiblity for the user to export data from Snowy to JSON or a tarfile of .note files . (GNOME bug 629590)
- Rupert Swarbrick started rewriting manpage support in Yelp to use man -Z and parsing.
- Alejandro Leiva merged the profiles and new settings manager in Orca.
- Øyvind Kolås increased the maximum number of threads used by Gegl from 8 to 16.
March 7, 2010
This week… 2390 commits, in 220 projects, by 281 happy hackers (and 708 were translation commits).
- Empathy made URL some people put in their contact status clickable right from the contact list (GNOME bug 525576)
- Hiroyuki Ikezoe updated gpointing-device-settings to support a speed property.
- The cairo branch has been merged into gjs.
- Snowy (the webservice companion of Tomboy) has been updated to use UTC as internal time representation, to avoid dealing with different timezones.
- Jean Bréfort implemented round rectangles, arrow heads for arcs and spline support for polyline and polygons in goffice canvas.
- Jürg Billeter updated tracker to refuse updates when low on disk scape.
- The libgnomekbd layout indicator has been changed to use the default font family and size, instead of hardcoding Helvetica . (GNOME bug 610544)
- Richard Hugues pushed a color-management branch to GTK+, implemening an optional LCMS GIO module, and GtkColorEngine, GtkColorTransform and GtkColorProfile.
- gcalctool has been changed to show bit editor for numbers not in base 10.
- Jesse van den Kieboom implemented a new words completion word finder method in gtksourceview, as the previous version was buggy and a lot of bookkeeping.
- GNOME Power Manager has been changed to play a sound loop if the charge of a laptop battery or UPS reaches a critical level.
December 27, 2009
This week… 1776 commits, in 177 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 279 were translation commits).
- This was hackfest week for Epiphany, WebKitGTK+ (and other related modules), go and read Xan Lopez and Gustavo Noronha summaries. Or read on for my particular pick…
- Benjamin Otte added support for favicons the the epiphany tabs-reloaded extension.
- Content-Encoding support landed in libsoup (GNOME bug 522772)
- Custom user-agent support has been added.
- There is a new info bar widget at the top of the web view, used to ask if credentials have to be saved.
- Maxim Ermilov added command and path completion to the Alt+F2 dialog of GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 597677)
- Also in GNOME Shell Colin Walters added an extension system, there is no UI yet, it will come later . (GNOME bug 599661)
- Johan Dahlin added a Makefile.introspection file to gobject-introspection, to be used by other projects, and modified pango and gtk+ to use it.
- After some discussion on nautilus-list and gnome-shell-list, Alexander Larsson changed Nautilus to use its browser mode by default.
- The GNOME Terminal preferences dialog got a new “unlimited scrollback” option (GNOME bug 599443).
- After a comment in last week digest edition, Paolo Bacchilega changed File Roller to use AES128 instead of AES256 as encryption type.
- Libgnomekbd got a new GkbdStatus widget implementing a status icon, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote about it in kbd stuff going threezero.
June 14, 2009
This week… 1743 commits, in 187 projects, by 195 happy hackers (and 381 were translation commits).
- Alexander Larsson is still working on client side windows in GTK+ and posted a status update.
- A new API to draw routes and lines has been commited to libchamplain . (GNOME bug 572377) (example)
- file-roller has been updated to use new GtkEntry icon support, instead of SexyIconEntry . (GNOME bug 584810)
- gthumb changed from libgphoto to the gphoto gvfs backend . (GNOME bug 583796)
- The gnio rewrite of gvfs FTP support made it so idn/punycode is now supported . (GNOME bug 567871)
- libgnomekbd switched to use single GTK+ includes . (GNOME bug 563629)
- The Hamster applet got the possibility to export reports to CSV . (GNOME bug 549604)
- Support for Adium themes (using WebKit) has been merged in Empathy. Various themes were already tested, and they are listed, with known issues on awiki page (GNOME bug 522069)
- Banshee gained a weighted random mode, to play highest rated songs more often . (GNOME bug 544680)
- Telepathy “tubes” support landed in vino, allowing to share the desktop with Empathy contacts . (GNOME bug 584840)
- Many of the patches Milan Bouchet-Valat created with regards to GTK+ file chooser issues were finally applied.
May 17, 2009
This week… 1925 commits, in 174 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 183 were translation commits).
- libgnomekbd and gnome-power-manager have been converted from libglade to GTKBuilder.
- Vino got ported from libdbus to dbus-glib, as a first step towards integration with the Telepathy framework . (GNOME bug 580464)
- In GTK+ the GtkLabel gained the possibility to show hyperlinks, that feature was previously provided SexyUrlLabel . (GNOME bug 508810)
- Also in GTK+ a printing backend using PAPI, as found on OpenSolaris, has been added (to both master and 2.16 ) (GNOME bug 382676)
- Support for annotations landed in Evince, it requires libpoppler 0.11 (GNOME bug 315002)
- Empathy added a fullscreen mode for video playback . (GNOME bug 580771)
- Behdad Esfahbod merged his harfbuzz-ng branch into Pango.
- The Volume Control has been updated to show high-level channel mapping string for each devices, this gives pretty names such as “Surround 7.1″ or “Stereo” ; (GNOME bug 581921).
- After a discussion on desktop-devel-list Robert Carr created a new gnome-js-common module, to share code and tests between Seed and GJS.
- In Seed a new module to bind Cairo has been developed.
- Alexander Larsson imported gnio (socket and networking support) into glib.
- Much work happened (and is still ongoing) in Orca to refactor the speech and braille generators . (GNOME bug 570658)