May 8, 2011
This week… 2114 commits, in 197 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 355 were translation commits).
- Dodji Seketeli added initial support for “jump to” in Nemiver . (GNOME bug 560235)
- Ryan Lortie added support for lockdown to dconf.
- Colin Walters updated gjs to support compilcation with the standalone mozjs185 release . (GNOME bug 646369)
- Rupert Swarbrick rewrote the way info files are read in yelp, fixing bugs and making the logic much simpler in the process.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro ported gdl to use GtkStyleContext . (GNOME bug 649258)
- Richard Hugues added a new notify_notification_set_app_name() function to libnotify, to set the application name for a single notification, this makes it possible for a daemon like gnome-settings-daemon to produce persistent messages with the correct application name . (GNOME bug 648947)
- Eitan Isaacson merged the “geometry” branch of Caribou, bringing some major changes such as coupling keyboard layout with xkb state, simplifying layout format, a new introspectable libcaribou library, and a D-Bus UI, to have the main caribou app activate the keyboard via D-Bus.
- Elad Alfassa added support for globally installed gnome shell themes in the “user-theme” extension.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a progressbar-pattern style property to the Adwaita engin.
- In clutter Robert Bragg removed the last dependency on the GdkPixbuf API.
- Xavier Claessens added a chat theme preview to Empathy preferences window . (GNOME bug 541438)
- Bastien Nocera changed the media keys gnome-settings-daemon plugin to use a symbolic icon for Eject.
- Stefano Pettini added proper support for alpha channel in the rotate tool of gthumb.
- Torsten Schönfeld wrapped more parts of the Cairo API to Perl.
- Andreas J. Guelzow made Gnumeric handle MS Works formula . (GNOME bug 649406)
- Mattias Clasen added a new “lock button” widget to GTK + (GNOME bug 626457) as well as a new style for assistants.
October 10, 2010
This week… 1988 commits, in 187 projects, by 228 happy hackers (and 349 were translation commits).
- Too many modules to list were ported to use upstream gettext instead of the glib version, and to GTK+ 3, be it complete ports or updates to match recent changes.
- William Jon McCann added a “persistence” server capability to notification-daemon, and the corresponding support in libnotify; this will allow clients to determine if the server will only show transient notifications or has notification persistence. If the server supports persistence then the client should not perform its own message persistence (for example by showing a status icon).
- Hans Breuer fixed the saving of some display settings (antialiasing, snap-to-object…) in Dia . (GNOME bug 155929)
- Meld was modified to use Myers matcher for inline differences (part of GNOME bug 587410).
- An “Edit Image” toolbar button hs been added to eog, conditionnally enabled if a specific image editor is specified in GSettings . (GNOME bug 609958)
- Florian Müllner published an “overview-relayout” branch of GNOME Shell, inaugurating his blog with a From the land of Shell post.
- Sanford Armstrong ported the note XML to HTML transformation that happens in Snowy to the lxml library (GNOME bug 631189).
- In Brasero Philippe Rouquier added a new check for the volume free space when creating an image.
- The control panel of GNOME Color Manager has been split into four tabs to reduce the window height.
- Thomas Wood started implementing new UI designs from Jakup Steiner and Hylke Bons for the datetime configuration panel.
- The “ui-widgets” branch has been merged into gnome-keyring, Stef Walter posted about it in Certificate and Key Widgets.
- Luca Bruno started adding Brtfs-handling modules to gparted.
- In glib Ryan Lortie added GSettings APIs for range and choices . (GNOME bug 631263)
- And in GTK+ Cody Russell added resize grips to GtkWindow, and Matthias Clasen also posted about it in Getting a grip.