October 21, 2012
This week… 2002 commits, in 189 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 382 were translation commits).
- Bastien Nocera added forward geocoding search (the process of turning an address into a latitude and longitude) to geoclue-glib.
- Carlos Garcia Campos switched devhelp to use WebKit 2 by default.
- Parag Nemade added a single default ibus engine for Indic locales to gnome-settings-daemon keyboard plugin . (GNOME bug 685954)
- In orca Joanmarie Diggs added a fix for braille email address auto completions in Thunderbird.
- In gdm Tim Lunn contributed a fix for shutdown and restart on ConsoleKit systems . (GNOME bug 686125)
- Cosimo Cecchi changed Nautilus bookmarks handling to avoid synchronous I/O.
- David Zeuthen updated gnome-disk-utility to use libdvdcss, if available, for creating images of DVDs.
- Rob Bradford ported cogl to the new Wayland protocol.
- Kai Willadsen fixed meld to correctly handle metadata-only changes in Git . (GNOME bug 655315)
- Xan Lopez fixed epiphany so it doesn’t automatically download embedded objects . (GNOME bug 683635)
- Michael Hill updated the gnome help in gnome-user-docs to reflect the removal of mode switch.
- Debarshi Ray added ownCloud support to gnome-online-accounts . (GNOME bug 660573)
- In gnumeric Morten Welinder improved the speed of saving large sheets as ODS file, also reducing file size along the way.
- Robert Ancell landed the Vala part of gcalctool . (GNOME bug 640685)
June 17, 2012
This week… 1400 commits, in 146 projects, by 190 happy hackers (and 191 were translation commits).
- Jon Dowland updated sound-juicer to use musicbrainz 5 . (GNOME bug 676749)
- Jeffrey Stedfast fixed decoding of some RFC 2184 parameters in gmime.
- David Zeuthen updated gnome-disk-utility to show sample size and number of samples for benchmarks.
- Sergio Villar Senin fixed libsoup to not accept cookies for well known public domains . (GNOME bug 673802)
- Jeremy Whiting made libzeitgeist a hard dependency of folks . (GNOME bug 677428)
- Guillaume Desmottes landed a new roster view into Empathy.
- Christophe Fergeau added the possibility to disable SSL checks in librest . (GNOME bug 663786)
- In gnome control center Stef Walter implemented enterprise logins in add dialog . (GNOME bug 677548)
- Bastien Nocera changed gnome shell to always enable accessibility . (GNOME bug 678095)
- Eslam Mostafa updated gnome-clocks to respect the 12/24h global settings.
- In Meld Kai Willadsen added support for opening new tabs from D-Bus . (GNOME bug 616466)
- Cosimo Cecchi updated Nautilus to allow dropping of files to bookmarks . (GNOME bug 645353)
May 27, 2012
This week… 1469 commits, in 159 projects, by 206 happy hackers (and 241 were translation commits).
- Ray Strode ported alacarte to the latest GMenu and introspection . (GNOME bug 626220)
- In gjs Jasper St. Pierre added a debugger function to retrieve the refcount of a GObject.
- In gnome-settings-daemon Nicolas Dufresne changed the default touchpad deactivation to 1.0s . (GNOME bug 590783)
- Valek Filippov continued improving Cyrillic coverage of cantarell-fonts.
- Kjell Ahlstedt contibuted a –include-pointer command option to gnome-screenshot . (GNOME bug 594141)
- Marc-André Lureau changed gnome-boxes to always show the top bar when the mouse can be grabbed . (GNOME bug 676307)
- Marta Maria Casetti contributed various examples in Python to gnome-devel-docs.
- In gnome-themes-standard Cosimo Cecchi improved the theming support for OSD toolbars and buttons.
- Matthias Clasen changed the gnome-control-center user accounts panel to use libpwquality for password handling . (GNOME bug 676396)
- In Nautilus William Jon McCann added a way to create a new directory from a selection . (GNOME bug 676432)
- Florian Müllner added a generic –mode switch to gnome-shell, to be used by gdm, initial-setup, or others . (GNOME bug 676156)
- Michael Hill added the beginning of a new administrator guide into gnome-user-docs.
- Jonathan Matthew added a new podcast search infrastructure and podcast subscription dialog in Rhythmbox.
- Piotr Piastucki improved inline highlighting performances in Meld.
March 25, 2012
This week… 2834 commits, in 290 projects, by 299 happy hackers (and 1050 were translation commits).
- As 3.4 draw nears much work has been going in the release notes, both from writers and translators.
- Philip Withnall modified Hitori to use two passes to draw the cells, this ensures that the borders of the painted cells are always drawn on top of the borders of the unpainted cells.
- In meld Nguyễn Hồng Quân fixed the overly-tall commit dialogs by making the list of files scrollable.
- Paolo Bacchilega added a scale on the map view of gthumb.
- In gnome-session Jasper St. Pierre removed the toggle switches for extensions from the fail whale screen . (GNOME bug 671693)
- Victor Oliveira added OpenCL headers, and much code, to gegl.
- Curtis Gedak fixed gparted to ensure the necessary space for EBR when resizing Extended partition . (GNOME bug 664050)
- Felix Riemann reverted the “Do not show the titlebar when eog is maximized” change that was made to eog, as it caused accidental triggers of gnome-shell’s activities menu . (GNOME bug 671643)
- In network-manager-applet Dan Williams added code to track GNOME Shell version, not just whether it’s running.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro modified gtranslator to use an inline toolbar for the profiles settings in the preferences dialog.
- Debarshi Ray fixed gnome-online-accounts to remove the credentials from the keyring when an account is removed . (GNOME bug 654168)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved import/export of ODF documents. (part of GNOME bug 671461)
- Emmanuele Bassi added support for touch events to Clutter, for the time being, it just relays everything it gets, from the X server to the Clutter application.
December 25, 2011
This week… 1842 commits, in 176 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 233 were translation commits).
- Kai Willadsen changed meld to draw the currently displayed page area in the DiffMap . (GNOME bug 470729)
- In Eog Felix Riemann made EXIF/XMP summaries available as a sidebar . (GNOME bug 616438)
- Xavier Claessens added Windows Live oauth2 support to gnome-online-accounts . (GNOME bug 661067)
- Claudio Saavedra combined the Reload and Stop toolbar buttons of Epiphany into a single one . (GNOME bug 657655)
- Cosimo Cecchi did work on gnome-documents new application menu.
- In Evolution Milan Crha made it possible to decrypt GPG mails with anonymous recipient set . (GNOME bug 331361)
- Jonathan Matthew added extdb, a database for storing external metadata (e.g. album art images), to Rhythmbox.
- Stef Walter added system prompt and prompter to gcr.
- Giovanni Campagna reintroduced Wanda The Fish into gnome-shell.
- Jeffrey Stedfast fixed gmime with regards to multibyte sequences split between two rfc2047 tokens.
- Yasumichi Akahoshi changed Zenity documentation to use Mallard, and did new and updated screenshots to go along.
- In Banshee Bertrand Lorentz added a button to go back to the list of audiobooks . (GNOME bug 656439)
March 20, 2011
This week… 3142 commits, in 211 projects, by 294 happy hackers (and 1113 were translation commits).
- Translators were all hard at work, with more than one thousand commits this week.
- John Stowers pushed his GNOME Tweak Tool to the GNOME Git server.
- Mutter was changed to provide a single library, combining both libmutter-wm and libmutter-private . (GNOME bug 644565)
- Colin Walters added a “fail whale” dialog in gnome-session, to be shown on component failures; the name comes from Twitter error pages . (GNOME bug 642497)
- The same Colin Walters also rewrote a11y bus management in at-spi2-core, so it doesn’t fall back to the session bus . (GNOME bug 644851)
- Cosimo Cecchi added a first iteration of a dark variant of the Adwaita theme, in gnome-themes-standard.
- In libsoup Dan Winship implemented a GNOME proxy backend using te network proxy settings from gsettings-desktop-schemas, for automatic proxy configuration it uses the D-Bus service provided by the libproxy plugin . (GNOME bug 644211)
- Shaun McCance added mouseovers on topic links of Mallard documents, in yelp-xsl.
- In gnome-devel-docs Johannes Schmid updated or added guitar tuner demos in different languages.
- And also at the documentation hackfest many pages were written for the user help, by all participants.
- Claude Paroz added support for “reduced stats” in damned-lies, making it possible to have statistics on “important” strings, for example it currently excludes schema strings.
- Jan Danielsson added support for the Fossil Source Control Management to Meld . (GNOME bug 644811)
- Richard Hugues updated the screenshot tool in gnome-utils to save the screen ICC profile in the screenshot.
- Bastien Nocera implemented touchpad motion settings in the mouse plugin for gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 642474)
February 6, 2011
This week… 2281 commits, in 185 projects, by 262 happy hackers (and 364 were translation commits).
- Felix Riemann converted postr to use libpeas as plugin system.
- Francesco Marella migrated phonemgr from libglade to GtkBuilder . (GNOME bug 590816)
- Sergey V. Udaltsov added a gkbd-keyboard-display utility to libgnomekbd, to be used by gnome-shell and gnome-control-center to display keyboard layouts.
- Jonathan Matthew ported the Python plugins of Rhythmbox to gobject introspection.
- GDM was switched by Ray Strode to use accounts service for language and session.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a notification to Nautilus, when all transfer are completed.
- Unlock buttons have been added to both datetime and printers control center panels.
- David Zeuthen landed his work implementing the new calendar menu of GNOME Shell; he showed the result in GNOME 3 Calendar . (GNOME bug 632109)
- In Meld Kai Willadsen reworked directory-level file comparison, the new version features somewhat simpler logic, progressive file reading, binary file filter handling and provides earlier exit in no-filter cases . (GNOME bug 586656)
- The port of GNOME Panel to GTK+ 3 has been merged.
- Benjamin Otte rewrote the event handling of the area selection of gnome-screenshot.
- Christian Schaller changed the UI of Transmageddon to a combobox bases setup instead of radiobuttons, this to both shrink UI and allow for support of multiple audio streams; this makes a new look for Transmageddon.
January 9, 2011
This week… 1791 commits, in 173 projects, by 211 happy hackers (and 356 were translation commits).
- Cristian Klein patched vte to prevent useless wakeups when the terminal doesn’t have focus, disabling the cursor blink timer when the cursor is hidden.
- Florian Müllner added two new frame states to mutter to allow theme authors to tread side-by-side windows differently . (GNOME bug 637330)
- Lucas Rocha started adding a “Sound Thing” to the board.
- Shaun McCance modified yelp to automatically install packages for missing documents.
- In Meld Kirill Müller sped up SVN listing for huge working copies . (GNOME bug 638607)
- Vivien Malerba added initial support for rich text rendering in libgda reports.
- Jon McCann changed gsettings-desktop-schema to no longer have icons on the desktop by default.
- Adel Gadllah implemented cross overview drag & drop in GNOME Shell, allowing draging to the activities button or the hotcorner (and thus opening the overview), which then allows the user to activate any window (even on different workspaces as a drop target . (GNOME bug 601731)
- Jose Aliste fixed several security issues in the DVI backend of Evince.
- The eog plugins system has been ported to use libpeas, and plugins were updated accordingly . (GNOME bug 626091)
- gitg has been ported to use gsettings by Ignacio Casal Quinteiro.
- Paolo Bacchilega re-added the semi-transparent properties box in gthumb fullscreen mode.
- Gary Lin scaled down the GTK+ print dialog size, to make it fit on a typical netbook screen . (GNOME bug 637958)
- Jonathan Matthew fixed the podcast status on download completion in Rhythmbox, this should make it possible to complete downloads that fail due to connection errors and the like . (GNOME bug 633469)
- Robert Ancell worked on the glChess vala rewrite, starting work on a chess clock, and adding back 3D board numbering.
October 10, 2010
This week… 1988 commits, in 187 projects, by 228 happy hackers (and 349 were translation commits).
- Too many modules to list were ported to use upstream gettext instead of the glib version, and to GTK+ 3, be it complete ports or updates to match recent changes.
- William Jon McCann added a “persistence” server capability to notification-daemon, and the corresponding support in libnotify; this will allow clients to determine if the server will only show transient notifications or has notification persistence. If the server supports persistence then the client should not perform its own message persistence (for example by showing a status icon).
- Hans Breuer fixed the saving of some display settings (antialiasing, snap-to-object…) in Dia . (GNOME bug 155929)
- Meld was modified to use Myers matcher for inline differences (part of GNOME bug 587410).
- An “Edit Image” toolbar button hs been added to eog, conditionnally enabled if a specific image editor is specified in GSettings . (GNOME bug 609958)
- Florian Müllner published an “overview-relayout” branch of GNOME Shell, inaugurating his blog with a From the land of Shell post.
- Sanford Armstrong ported the note XML to HTML transformation that happens in Snowy to the lxml library (GNOME bug 631189).
- In Brasero Philippe Rouquier added a new check for the volume free space when creating an image.
- The control panel of GNOME Color Manager has been split into four tabs to reduce the window height.
- Thomas Wood started implementing new UI designs from Jakup Steiner and Hylke Bons for the datetime configuration panel.
- The “ui-widgets” branch has been merged into gnome-keyring, Stef Walter posted about it in Certificate and Key Widgets.
- Luca Bruno started adding Brtfs-handling modules to gparted.
- In glib Ryan Lortie added GSettings APIs for range and choices . (GNOME bug 631263)
- And in GTK+ Cody Russell added resize grips to GtkWindow, and Matthias Clasen also posted about it in Getting a grip.