February 26, 2012
This week… 2629 commits, in 250 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 564 were translation commits).
- The new call support in Empathy has been made default, the old “empathy-av” has been removed.
- György Balló contributed a port of gnome-blog from gnome-vfs to gio . (GNOME bug 612630)
- Hubert Figuière added support for date properties to Niepce.
- Lukasz Pawlik fixed the handling of byte range requests in gupnp . (GNOME bug 670518)
- In gnome-shell Florian Müllner added support for external asynchronous search providers . (GNOME bug 663125)
- And gnome-documents got a D-Bus service implementing that gnome-shell external search API . (GNOME bug 662453)
- Marc Deslauriers fixed gnome-screensaver to properly turn off capslock warning when the key is released . (GNOME bug 669769)
- Richard Hughes updated gnome-color-manager to correctly restore the calibration status panel after asking the user a question.
- In file-roller Paolo Bacchilega added an overwrite confirmation dialog when extracting files with drag&drop . (GNOME bug 590609)
- Bastien Nocera added support for AMZ AmazonMP3 download files to totem-pl-parser . (GNOME bug 668686)
- Tiffany Antopolski, Susanna Huhtanen, Phil Bull and others at the documentation hackfest contributed many updates to the gnome-devel-docs tutorials.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell updated both quadrapessel and lightsoff to use GMenu.
- In anjuta Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita contributed the automatic addition of callbacks when user double-clicks a signal in the glade signal editor . (GNOME bug 670149)
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated gedit to use GResource.
- Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the edition of decimals in gnumeric . (GNOME bug 670558)
November 20, 2011
This week… 1898 commits, in 205 projects, by 226 happy hackers (and 253 were translation commits).
- In libpeas Garrett Regier made it possible for all extensions to have multiple interfaces . (GNOME bug 626644)
- Pedro Ferreira contributed a new chapter on keyboard events to the gtkmm documentation . (GNOME bug 661857)
- In libgxps Carlos Garcia Campos added manpages for the xps manipulation command-line tools.
- David Zeuthen added a new “Format Disk” dialog to gnome-disk-utility.
- In gnome-boxes Marc-André Lureau added various stats (disk, network, CPU) to the machines.
- Jasper St. Pierre added an “update” view to extensions.gnome.org that the Shell can check on a cron job.
- Jens Georg changed rygel to batch URIs for thumbnail requests . (GNOME bug 661334)
- Sjoerd Simons changed empathy to let the hardware (pulseaudio) audio source control the volume, instead of amplifying in software.
- Dan Winship added support for unencrypted PKCS#8 keys to glib-networking . (GNOME bug 664321)
- Cosimo Cecchi pushed a first implementation of an “Organize” dialog into gnome-documents.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell ported gnomine from C to Vala.
- Hubert Figuière implemented undo for properties in Niepce.
- Shaun McCance simplified docbook bibliography handling in yelp-xsl.
- Nicolas Dufresne fixed glib to clear the proxy address upon retry . (GNOME bug 664141)
- Mike Fleetwood added labelling of brtfs filesystems into gparted.
November 13, 2011
This week… 1767 commits, in 177 projects, by 215 happy hackers (and 201 were translation commits).
- Aurimas Černius added an option for displaying the gnote status icon in its preferences dialog . (GNOME bug 663817)
- Hubert Figuière is back hacking on niepce and added support for flagging pictures, as well as importing flags from XMP files.
- Florian Müllner ported mutter preferences from gconf to GSettings . (GNOME bug 635378)
- In the udisks2 port of gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen made a first stab at a “Create Partition” dialog.
- Nicolas Dufresne work on HW accelerated element landed in clutter-gst.
- Marc-André Lureau enabled audio support for spice machines in gnome-boxes.
- In Empathy Danielle Madeley made the GNOME Online Accounts optional again . (GNOME bug 663442)
- In yelp-xsl Shaun McCance added new about footers for both docbook and mallard documents.
- Jean Bréfort fixed the rendering of outline levels in gnumeric . (GNOME bug 663663)
- In libgda Vivien Malerba made GdaHolder thread safe, and implemented the GdaLockable interface.
- Frank Ziegler contributed configurable browser filters to Banshee.
- Michael Meeks added some initial support for V7+ websockets to the broadway GTK+ backend.
May 24, 2009
This week… 2349 commits, in 189 projects, by 255 happy hackers (and 298 were translation commits).
- John Carr published his syncml branch of conduit, adding SyncML support for contacts and calendar items.
- Gnumeric got support for more styles in its ODF export (cell, paragraph and text styles).
- Niepce Digital got an initial UI shell and basic gphoto support.
- krb5-auth-dialog added a gconf key to disable its notifications.
- f-spot date range dialog got ported from libglade to gtkbuilder; rhythmbox also replaced libglade by gtkbuilder.
- The graph component in goffice gained support for formatted editing of graph limits that are dates and times . (GNOME bug 574681)
- Evolution search bar got improved, to more closely resemble Firefox . (GNOME bug 580925)
- Rhythmbox status icon has been made into a plugin, with additional capabilities, some aspects of the status icon and the notification popups are now a bit more configurable.
- Willie Walker continued his numerous improvements to the speech generator in Orca, porting Pidgin, Gecko and Thunderbird to the new generator.
- In gnome-utils gsearchtool got rid of its libgnomeui usage . (GNOME bug 573670)
- Brasero gained the possibility to span data across several media . (GNOME bug 438858)
December 14, 2008
This week… 1123 commits, in 144 projects, by 154 happy hackers (and 120 were translation commits).
- Ted Gould posted about gtk_timeout_add_seconds and a few modules (anjuta, ekiga, totem, libbonobo, libegg, brasero) already got fixes.
- Niepce Digital got imported in subversion repository.
- Xan Lopez added support for the WebKit web inspector in Epiphany (and Robert Carr did the same thing for seed minibrowser).
- Vincent Untz got back hacking on gnome-panel, removal of libgnomeui and deprecated API usage, single include, bug fixes and stuff.
- vino added correct support for IPv4 mapped IPv6, and added a new feature to able to set the network interface to listen on (GNOME bug 403183).
- gvfs got a new trash backend written by Ryan Lortie.
- Nautilus gained the possibility to call PackageKit to install applications for for unsupported mime types.
- German Poo-Caamano gave some love to gnome-nettool (portability fixes, better accessibility support, and other fixes and enhancements).
- gtkhtml got improved smileys (toolbar to insert them, obedience to the icon naming specification; screenshots are available in GNOME bug 563841.
- Also, Przemysław Grzegorczyk wrote a lot of patches to clean up GLib and GTK+ includes, see GNOME bug 563413. This earned him a Subversion account.